Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CP Rescue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The house and lawn and seawall photos show the real threat to CPs. Frivolous development. It's offfensive how much damage is done to build 2nd homes, while others don't have a home at all.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming their habitat isn't destroyed in building the house, it looks like they could use a good burn to remove the overgrowth. Liked that tree climbing turtle . Don't see that too often.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!! Did you fill out a form? Can't wait to hear more details.

As far as water access goes, maybe a boardwalk could be constructed?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did the paper work. I'm out of state right now and I'll send it to the right person when I get home. I'll be home on the first of the year.

Feel free to use the pics for the NASC webstie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I can jsut say from looking at construction sites that many construction workers do not care about plants and so I would say if there was anything on the property they should be protected some how. the best way is to remove them and replace them after construction is complete. That is just my opinion. At the very least a fence should be put around them.

Not everyone cares about plants like we do. I would rather replace them after the danger is gone than assume a construction worker is not going to toss a wood pile on it.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. His property is loaded with plants and a variety too! I do have concerns. Even if the plants aren't where the house is actually going to be constructed, they are still on property that is essentially going to become a "yard", not a nature habitat. I would have worries that human traffic in future years will destroy these plants. Hopefully, since the owner seems to care and is interested, NASC can work out a way to keep plants in place that have a good chance of survival but take the ones who will not make it. Amazing to see so many different plants in one small piece of land. And so sad that its being developed. Look at all those other homes...think of how many CPs have already bit the dust.

At least we should be able to rescue SOME and get some seeds so that genetic material can be propagated and maintained.

GOOD JOB, Ozzy! Maybe you can work with this guy to keep a small "preserve" on his land. We can list his name on the NASC patron website (once we have that page constructed).
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy! You are good people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Well, I can jsut say from looking at construction sites that many construction workers do not care about plants and so I would say if there was anything on the property they should be protected some how. the best way is to remove them and replace them after construction is complete. That is just my opinion. At the very least a fence should be put around them.
    Its that they dont know or understand them, or perhaps not care. Many construction workers do not understand trees either, but we dont cut down all trees on the property before construction begins (usually) because some may be left standing when all is said and done.
    that makes no logic

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast