What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you get for Christmas?

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I know I'm a little early with this but, here is what I got for Christmas. I got to open my gifts last night
oh.gif
I got some perfume, 2 metal gecko's (pics included) and some bath stuff. What did you get this year?

Geckos005.jpg

wel my aunt and uncle gave us(me and my 2 bros) a playstation 2 with some games. i still want a Wii though
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Alex

Hopefully I'm getting that new book by Barry Rice.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Dec. 22 2006,9:28)]wel my aunt and uncle gave us(me and my 2 bros) a playstation 2 with some games. i still want a Wii though
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Alex
My wife gave me Final Fantasy XII for Playstation 2. I'm very excited about it. I remember with FFX came out back when I was in college. I logged over 100 game hours into that doing everything and beasting out my characters.

I also got Barry's book for my birthday.

I would include pictures but my digital camera is broken and they would be really boring!

xvart.

Bee hives and Maybe! JUST MAYBE! 2 tarantulas!
biggrin.gif
wont know the rest till monday

Barry's new book, and a parrot training book, thats all i know about because thats all i asked for.

Bee hives, huh? I just saw a book of beekeeping at the store, and i loked trough it. pretty interesting stuff, but i wont go ino it because i will want my father to come visit me once i get a houce.

uhhh stupid myth that bee's sting for no reason, those are usualy confused with wasps and bumble bee's. Honey bee's are fine You can stand at the enterance with out them stinging you, now breaking into their hive, they get a little up set but they only get up set when you hit the hive with a baseball bat 3-4 times or just whack at them...
oh.gif

my dad's family is HUGE...between his siblings, their spouses, and all my cousins, there's almost 50 people. so rather than get everyone a gift, we make up a list and everyone gets one gift for one person. my uncle gave me a gift card to circuit city...now I can finally answer the question, Can you return a gift card for store credit?

I think youre uncle was watching to much TV.. Circut city has those crazy commercials with the gift cards. Or maybe that was best buy?

w/e same palce
rock.gif

Presto why would you want to return it for store credit? That is the same thing as having the gift card. In fact if you get a store credit at lowes they give it to you on a gift card.
tounge.gif
And most places will not refund it for cash either.

I don't know what I got for Christmas yett. Its not that time!!! I knwo what I want, and my wife swears I am going to like it so we shall see. I believe her BTW.

family gatherings... gift exchange? dont wanna go would rather go to a pep band game, but my mom says i wont regret going. but unless its a tarantula or an Atta (a kind of leaf cutter ant) colony I'm pretty sure I will be.
rock.gif

we will see.

I'm getting 2 books one by barry And the other by Richard Preston. A couple of plants from a 'Big' nursery. and some clothes

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 23 2006,3:16)]Presto why would you want to return it for store credit? That is the same thing as having the gift card.
yes, I know, I was joking
nana.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]uhhh stupid myth that bee's sting for no reason, those are usualy confused with wasps and bumble bee's. Honey bee's are fine You can stand at the enterance with out them stinging you, now breaking into their hive, they get a little up set but they only get up set when you hit the hive with a baseball bat 3-4 times or just whack at them...
Never hurts to be too cautious when your severely allergic and there's a potentiol for a lot of unnoticed bees in the area

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Presto @ Dec. 23 2006,1:34)]my dad's family is HUGE...between his siblings, their spouses, and all my cousins, there's almost 50 people. so rather than get everyone a gift, we make up a list and everyone gets one gift for one person. my uncle gave me a gift card to circuit city...now I can finally answer the question, Can you return a gift card for store credit?
I was at best buy the other day and I overheard the conversation in front of me. The lady bought a gift card and the store clerk said, "And here's your gift receipt... I don't know why we give gift receipts for gift cards but we do."

xvart.

All I've done so far is exchange with the boss... He gave me $300 bonus, and the 2006 American Eagle 20th Anniversary Silver coin set. Each coin is 1oz silver. There is a proof, reverse proof and a uncirculated. He's a big coin/stamp collector and apparently bought this for me like 3 months ago. Very cool! (the 2 bottom ones are proof/reverse proof... look at the mirror finish, one is the background and one is the raised stuff. Aparently this is the first year for the reverse proof)
coins.jpg

Andrew

Very nice! Today Jeff bought me another ring, it's very pretty
smile.gif

I'm getting stuff to rebuild my computer. I'm also getting another light for my plants.

Back