Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow there are so many...
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt they think love bugs were some genetic experiment that escaped?..........................
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, that was white people. Havn't you ever heard of Louis Farrakhan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given the choice between Farrakhan and (Pat) Robertson, I'll take Farrakhan. Even if I am a white devil.

Back to the topic at hand; my grandparents moved to Florida and then complained about lovebugs. How anyone could live in a neighborhood full of old people yet only find a problem with insects is something I'll never understand.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I lived in Florida, the love bugs would eat paint off some of the cars.
    Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah those are deffinately some kind of assassin bugs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ack did anyone read my post? This is the problem with common names. The insect commonly refered to as love bug is this bug that everyone else is seeming to refer to- tbone, buster1, etc. Plecia nearctica! That bug...
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Its character as a public nuisance is due not to its bite or sting (as it is not capable of either) but to its apparently highly acidic body chemistry. Because airborne love bugs are drawn in enormous numbers to roadways, they die en masse on automobile windshields, hoods, and radiator grills. If left for more than an hour or two, the remains become dried and extremely difficult to remove, and their acidity pits and etches automotive paint and chrome
    Goldenraintree big is a seed bug that ONLY feeds on goldenraintree seeds and seeds of other related plants *gruble*
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lighten up - its the holidays. Yes I read your post. Nobody that I remember was doubting your identification. Trapper assumed that it was a plague of Love bugs, so the discussion lead there. Besides living in Florida and having seen both - Love bugs are much more interesting to discuss than some run-of-the-mill-tree seed-eating insects. Also while I do agree with you on the problem of regional common names of organisms I see no solution. Most people have never heard of taxonomy or binomial nomenclature and are not going to sit down and learn the scientific names of the organisms they discuss. I teach zoology and most of my students won't - and they're getting graded on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast