What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum Look

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date
<div>
(adnedarn @ Dec. 30 2006,2:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">With the new board.. you need to get all the new colors and fonts in your computer. Your computer tries to hold stuff from the board to make it quicker to access. But when EVERYTHING has been changed (as it has) you need to get all the new stuff in your computers memory.

I'm trying to find different skins... So we can all pick the ones we want. But it may take some time.</div>
Yeah, the old cached CSS file was being used. Shift-refresh should be all that's needed to take care of that. Cookies and relogging in aren't necessary... they're unrelated.

<div>
(adnedarn @ Dec. 30 2006,2:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I agree ( I do like blue though LOL) This is just the one that comes with the up to date version of the board. If anyone finds a skin version for this board (ikonboard version 3.1.5) let me know
smile.gif
Or if endparenthesis can make one. haha</div>
I might have to. I just searched for a few skins and I don't think anyone's made any yet.
smile.gif

I wouldn't be hard to tweak it a little. Just some CSS changes and some new gradiant bars. That much I could do quickly if you want.

<div>
(Drosera36 @ Dec. 30 2006,12:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I cleared all my cookies and logged in and out, but in the Identify your Plant forum thingy, I still see that one of Joseph's post is under Kate's avatar and username....

-Ben</div>
If it is your post, you can go to edit that post, and submit it, without making a change. and that should bring the post back correctly instead of showing a signature... I've done that for the ones i saw in that topic, i think... Better?

<div>
(endparenthesis @ Dec. 30 2006,12:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I might have to. I just searched for a few skins and I don't think anyone's made any yet.
smile.gif

I wouldn't be hard to tweak it a little. Just some CSS changes and some new gradiant bars. That much I could do quickly if you want.</div>
agreed, I don't see any either...

I don't know what that means. Can you make it a whole new skin instead of editing this one? that would be cool.

I'll take a look at the proper way to make one and see how involved it is. If the process is quick enough to finish it today I can give it a shot.

Awesome! Thanks endparenthesis!

Oh, also, if everyone likes the old skin I could use the old buttons/images to make an updated version of it.

That is a very kind and generous offer. I think it would be great.

I am used to the old skins, but i would be very open to a new one. If you could make a new skin that somehow screams 'CP', it would be amazing.

As for the smiles, i think the
mad.gif
oh.gif
crazy.gif
would look good there

<div>
(endparenthesis @ Dec. 30 2006,12:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Oh, also, if everyone likes the old skin I could use the old buttons/images to make an updated version of it.</div>
Well, if they are easy enough to do... Maybe one of the old ones, and a new one
bigsmile.gif

<div>
(Finch @ Dec. 30 2006,12:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That is a very kind and generous offer. I think it would be great.

I am used to the old skins, but i would be very open to a new one. If you could make a new skin that somehow screams 'CP', it would be amazing.

As for the smiles, i think the
mad.gif
oh.gif
crazy.gif
would look good there</div>
Done, 3 slots left!!!

<div>
(adnedarn @ Dec. 30 2006,2:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well, if they are easy enough to do... Maybe one of the old ones, and a new one
bigsmile.gif
</div>
Do you know where I can find the old skin? Or what it was called?

<div>
(endparenthesis @ Dec. 30 2006,12:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(adnedarn @ Dec. 30 2006,2:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well, if they are easy enough to do... Maybe one of the old ones, and a new one
bigsmile.gif
</div>
Do you know where I can find the old skin? Or what it was called?</div>
uhm, no and no. haha- I'll see if I can find out though

Edit: aparently it was just the default skin.. Unless parts of it were changed...

So... does that mean its lost?

<div>
(adnedarn @ Dec. 30 2006,3:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">uhm, no and no. haha- I'll see if I can find out though

Edit: aparently it was just the default skin.. Unless parts of it were changed...</div>
What version of the board was it? If that version is still available for download I could pull it out of there.

yah, it's available... www.ikonboard.com - Ikonboard 3.1.2a

tell me if you still need me to try and find this images file thing....

Got them both. I'll just convert the old skin to a new skin for now. We could tweak it in the future.

clap9re.gif
That is great, thank you for your work. But what about the new fetures (like the serch for other posts by this member feture) that don't appear on the old board? And how would we go about tweaking it?

The skin doesn't effect the features. It only provides the look. So the problem I could come across is a new feature that requires a new button the old skin didn't have. For example I'll have to make arrow buttons (you see them to the left of the Edit and Quote buttons above each post... kind of a silly feature if you ask me) because the last board didn't have them.

I think we may be able to restore the skin.. i'm working on it.

Purple guy should be a smiley! on the list, I dont like the Post icons either they look to yuck...
mad.gif

boogie.gif
<--- boogie!

Back