What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum Look

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date
adnedarn,

I couldn't see the second page of this thread until I posted, then I saw there was more than one page. Logging out and back in fixed my problem. Thank you!

yea and im noticing a few missing posts by people.

I plan on changing the skin... This is just the default that comes with the upgrade... So stay tuned for that. I'm just trying to get all this done first before I attempt another change.

Welcome Crissytal
smile.gif

I get this message:

You are not allowed to use this part of the board

You are currently logged in as CP30

« « Go Back

umm, when I try to edit.

Yep, that's been said. I'm working on it, thanks.

Edit should be working. Please confirm
smile.gif

Edit...
This has been added

Giving confirmation here.

Edit: Testing, testing, 1    2     3....  we have affirmed it. Nice work.

Funny because mods couldn't edit for a second there, either. lol! We can now, so no funny business, ya hear?!
wink.gif.gif

I like the layout. Similar enough to what we had before, and the colour scheme looks clean to me. So, gets a thumbs up from me for now.

However, I wouldn't mind a quick-smilie option or two at the bottom of the message box. Sometimes I forget what the code is for some of 'em and looking there takes less time than browsing through all of them.

Congrats to Andrew for having apparently upgraded the software without having deleted us all!
biggrin.gif

Nice, but not keen on the centred text.

This is pretty gross. It's like whoever designed it asked themselves "how can I lower the text contrast in every possible area of the site?"

Blech.

Check out the pagination too... it's all squished together.

K added a few smilies to the quick text... have a few more spaces for a few more if you have sugestions....

What do you mean centered text Alexis?

<div>
(endparenthesis @ Dec. 30 2006,12:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This is pretty gross. It's like whoever designed it asked themselves "how can I lower the text contrast in every possible area of the site?"

Blech.

Check out the pagination too... it's all squished together.</div>
have you logged out, deleted cookies, logged back in?

Wow, I also just happened to look at the "OBE" thread, and my first post is something I never said. Editing it brings up my actual post, but what's displayed isn't mine.

<div>
(adnedarn @ Dec. 30 2006,2:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(endparenthesis @ Dec. 30 2006,12:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This is pretty gross. It's like whoever designed it asked themselves "how can I lower the text contrast in every possible area of the site?"

Blech.

Check out the pagination too... it's all squished together.</div>
have you logged out, deleted cookies, logged back in?</div>
Weird that that was required, but that resolved the pagination.

Contrast is still horrible.

<div>
(endparenthesis @ Dec. 30 2006,12:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wow, I also just happened to look at the "OBE" thread, and my first post is something I never said. Editing it brings up my actual post, but what's displayed isn't mine.</div>
fixed now?

there are gonna be some blips.. we just upgraded like 4 board versions...
laugh.gif
We'll work on getting it all ironed out, and looking good to (the most) of us.

<div>
(endparenthesis @ Dec. 30 2006,12:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Weird that that was required, but that resolved the pagination.

Contrast is still horrible.</div>
With the new board.. you need to get all the new colors and fonts in your computer. Your computer tries to hold stuff from the board to make it quicker to access. But when EVERYTHING has been changed (as it has) you need to get all the new stuff in your computers memory.

I'm trying to find different skins... So we can all pick the ones we want. But it may take some time.

I've been a web designer/developer for 5 years or so. I've only worked with phpBB forums, but this one shouldn't be hard to figure out. Just letting you know in case you guys want another resource in improving all this.

Beyond the contrast, the color scheme just doesn't say "plants" anymore.
sad.gif

I cleared all my cookies and logged in and out, but in the Identify your Plant forum thingy, I still see that one of Joseph's post is under Kate's avatar and username....

-Ben

<div>
(endparenthesis @ Dec. 30 2006,12:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
Beyond the contrast, the color scheme just doesn't say "plants" anymore.
sad.gif
</div>
I agree ( I do like blue though LOL) This is just the one that comes with the up to date version of the board. If anyone finds a skin version for this board (ikonboard version 3.1.5) let me know
smile.gif
Or if endparenthesis can make one. haha

Back