Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein executed today before dawn

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And just to keep the misinformation out of here (and being a Canadian who has heard enough about my country being some kind of threat to the US) the alleged 9-11 hijackers did NOT enter across the Canadian/US border, I just had to set that straight

Sorry to go off topic, carry on
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for correcting me. Where did they enter?

Canada? A threat? lol. I'd move there if it wasn't so cold!

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, it's kinda nice where I live, hasn't snowed yet this year!!

Far as I know, all the alleged hi-jackers were in the US on US passports and entered from overseas right into the US, that's the official version as far as I know, they were mostly in the southwestern US IIRC

It just irks me to hear allegations cos I know some folks will take them for true- there was one US congressman who made some ridiculous statement about "southern Toronto" being a haven for Terrorists and it caused a big storm in some circles- thing is, "south Toronto" is DOWNTOWN and it's our provincial capital, so anyone who has never seen a map might jump right on the fear wagon with NO actual reason
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you were buying all the republican lies I guess you did miss the fact that Bush didn't even put in 1/10th the effort to catch Bin laden as he did Saddam.

And I have to add, we paid off a regional tribal leader who was fighting against us weeks before, to guard the border between Afganistan and Pakistan (Tora Bora) against Osama's escape into Pakistan.

Putting people (who were trying to kill you recently) in position to guard the border against Osama's escape instead of our Marines or Army? BRILLIANT!!

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(scottychaos @ Jan. 01 2007,4:42)
    So I require three things.
    1. The exact crime comitted.
    2. proof it happened.
    3. proof that crime is an impeachable offense.

These are the reasons that former Attonery Genral Ramsey Clark believes that George W. should be impeached. I think he makes a pretty good case.

1. Seizing power to wage wars of aggression in defiance of the U.S. Constitution, the U.N. Charter and the rule of law; carrying out a massive assault on and occupation of Iraq, a country that was not threatening the United States, resulting in the death and maiming of tens of thousands of Iraqis, and hundreds of U.S. G.I.s.
    2. Lying to the people of the U.S., to Congress, and to the U.N., providing false and deceptive rationales for war.
    3. Authorizing, ordering and condoning direct attacks on civilians, civilian facilities and locations where civilian casualties were unavoidable.
    4. Threatening the independence and sovereignty of Iraq by belligerently changing its government by force and assaulting Iraq in a war of aggression.
    5. Authorizing, ordering and condoning assassinations, summary executions, kidnappings, secret and other illegal detentions of individuals, torture and physical and psychological coercion of prisoners to obtain false statements concerning acts and intentions of governments and individuals and violating within the United States, and by authorizing U.S. forces and agents elsewhere, the rights of individuals under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
    6. Making, ordering and condoning false statements and propaganda about the conduct of foreign governments and individuals and acts by U.S. government personnel; manipulating the media and foreign governments with false information; concealing information vital to public discussion and informed judgment concerning acts, intentions and possession, or efforts to obtain weapons of mass destruction in order to falsely create a climate of fear and destroy opposition to U.S. wars of aggression and first strike attacks.
    7. Violations and subversions of the Charter of the United Nations and international law, both a part of the "Supreme Law of the land" under Article VI, paragraph 2, of the Constitution, in an attempt to commit with impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes in wars and threats of aggression against Afghanistan, Iraq and others and usurping powers of the United Nations and the peoples of its nations by bribery, coercion and other corrupt acts and by rejecting treaties, committing treaty violations, and frustrating compliance with treaties in order to destroy any means by which international law and institutions can prevent, affect, or adjudicate the exercise of U.S. military and economic power against the international community.
    8. Acting to strip United States citizens of their constitutional and human rights, ordering indefinite detention of citizens, without access to counsel, without charge, and without opportunity to appear before a civil judicial officer to challenge the detention, based solely on the discretionary designation by the Executive of a citizen as an "enemy combatant."
    9. Ordering indefinite detention of non-citizens in the United States and elsewhere, and without charge, at the discretionary designation of the Attorney General or the Secretary of Defense.
    10. Ordering and authorizing the Attorney General to override judicial orders of release of detainees under INS jurisdiction, even where the judicial officer after full hearing determines a detainee is wrongfully held by the government.
    11. Authorizing secret military tribunals and summary execution of persons who are not citizens who are designated solely at the discretion of the Executive who acts as indicting official, prosecutor and as the only avenue of appellate relief.
    12. Refusing to provide public disclosure of the identities and locations of persons who have been arrested, detained and imprisoned by the U.S. government in the United States, including in response to Congressional inquiry.
    13. Use of secret arrests of persons within the United States and elsewhere and denial of the right to public trials.
    14. Authorizing the monitoring of confidential attorney-client privileged communications by the government, even in the absence of a court order and even where an incarcerated person has not been charged with a crime.
    15. Ordering and authorizing the seizure of assets of persons in the United States, prior to hearing or trial, for lawful or innocent association with any entity that at the discretionary designation of the Executive has been deemed "terrorist."
    16. Institutionalization of racial and religious profiling and authorization of domestic spying by federal law enforcement on persons based on their engagement in noncriminal religious and political activity.
    17. Refusal to provide information and records necessary and appropriate for the constitutional right of legislative oversight of executive functions.
    18. Rejecting treaties protective of peace and human rights and abrogation of the obligations of the United States under, and withdrawal from, international treaties and obligations without consent of the legislative branch, and including termination of the ABM treaty between the United States and Russia, and rescission of the authorizing signature from the Treaty of Rome which served as the basis for the International Criminal Court.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(ktulu @ Jan. 01 2007,8:57)
    These are the reasons that former Attonery Genral Ramsey Clark believes that George W. should be impeached. I think he makes a pretty good case.

1. Seizing power to wage wars of aggression in defiance of the U.S. Constitution, the U.N. Charter and the rule of law; carrying out a massive assault on and occupation of Iraq, a country that was not threatening the United States, resulting in the death and maiming of tens of thousands of Iraqis, and hundreds of U.S. G.I.s.

*snip*

ok, thats a good start..
    you listed the "crimes"..but thats part 1 only.
    now you only need to:

2. prove they actually happened.
    3. prove they ARE crimes worthy of impeachment.

without that, your list is just a bunch of made-up opinions.
    I have no compelling reasons to believe anything on that list actually happened..there is no proof yet.
    anyone can just make stuff up..
    (as we know with the disproved "the election was stolen" fiction.)

you arent done yet..please continue.

Scot

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, silly us.

We forgot that Nixon said that if the President does it, it's not a crime.

Duh, I feel like a total tool now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(scottychaos @ Jan. 01 2007,11:40)

(ktulu @ Jan. 01 2007,8:57)

*snip*

ok, thats a good start..
    you listed the "crimes"..but thats part 1 only.
    now you only need to:

2. prove they actually happened.
    3. prove they ARE crimes worthy of impeachment.

without that, your list is just a bunch of made-up opinions.
    I have no compelling reasons to believe anything on that list actually happened..there is no proof yet.
    anyone can just make stuff up..
    (as we know with the disproved "the election was stolen" fiction.)

you arent done yet..please continue.

Scot

You dont seem to understand the process of impeachment scot.

First we dont have to prove they happened at this point, only that there is sufficent evidence to believe they MAY have happened. If this is true then a process very similar to a criminal trial where if found guilty he would then be removed from office. Impeachment refers both to the trial and to the actual act of removing someone from office. I personally feel that articles of impeachment should be brought up and the president should be forced to answer to the people (through their represenatives) for his actions. Is this too much to ask?

Secondly the grounds for impeachment are "The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." --US Constitution. Article II, Sec. 4.
    This means violation of International law, like invaiding a country on false pretenses or waging an agressive war are impeachable offenses. Usurping the power of the constitution through the patriot act also impeachable.

Oh and lastly for not believing any of it, do you live in a cave? One with out tv, radio, newspaper, or internet connection (im guessing you must telepathically post here)? Because alot of these events were well covered by the media. Also if you go to the capital you can read an official copy of the patriot act, because im sure you will say any other copy is just "made up" by someone.

There now that I have done a great deal of the thinking for you and informed you of how your constitution works I will end for now.

p.s. I do not conclude the election was stolen. I believe what happened was a result of a flawed system, however that is a completely differnt debate.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast