Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein executed today before dawn

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank god in today's society in america we do not cut off fingers.

If we cut off body parts for crimes my nose would be gone a long time ago. Many times over.

Ok, Ok. I was wrong on the WMD's.

The stuff about prison being better then being homeless, well, let's provide more aid to the homeless instead of fighting a war we can't win. Let's get universal healthcare. Lets legalize pot so the prisons aren't full. Let's fix new orleans up. We have the money, we're just wasting it in Iraq. And why don't we ever hear about Afghanistan anymore? What's going on over there?

They are in a civil war. I say let them figure it out for themselves. We toppled the regime but we also set up a new "democracy". Let them kill each other and eventually it'll reach an equilibrium and they will have enough of it. We can nurture them and do what we can through aid and diplomacy. We can have spies and stop firing all the gay translators. We can take down terrorists in a SAFE way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Also Yes I think if they do not work they do not eat. Why should a criminal be treated better than a homeless person? A/C is not a necessity of life. Folks lived a long time without it and I consider it a luxury and not a necessity. Medical care. Again I say why should a criminal be treated better than our poor and homeless?? We should be giving the poor and homeless free medical care before we give it to an inmate. The inmate should have to work for his food and care. Especially since some inmates do things to themselves to get themselves medical care and be in the hospital. I have seen it before. I still say the criminals seem to have far more rights than the civilian does anymore. Heck if your resisting arrest you need the crap beat out of you, but the police cannot do their job anymore because if they use the slightest force to subdue a criminal then they get in trouble not the criminal.
    It is not up to you to decide what should or should not be done to them. Homeless people do not have the means to get the stuff that is available to incarcerated individuals. That’s like saying other people are starving, so we should starve these people too because those other people are BETTER than these, so they should get worse treatment BECAUSE. Not to mention you totally ignore the complexities of the situation you are promoting. What i someone is injured or unable to work? what if someone, for whatever reason, is unable to complete a specific task? Do they then STARVE? Survival of the people who are able to do what we need of them logic is dangerous.
    Quote[/b] ] I still say the criminals seem to have far more rights than the civilian does anymore. Heck if your resisting arrest you need the crap beat out of you, but the police cannot do their job anymore because if they use the slightest force to subdue a criminal then they get in trouble not the criminal.
    Boo- hoo that means we cant beat them anymore, what a loss Do you even watch shows about prison? Whatever force is necessary to get the job done, no more, no less. Law enforcement officers do not get in trouble for doing what is necessary to protect themselves or the public – or other inmates, for that matter. As a individual in state or federal care, they have a right to be treated and fed regardless of what they did, because they are totally dependant on the system for their sustenance.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok to keep this post smaller Im not going to qoute outsiders.

First yes he should be tried for war crimes, he made a decision to attack Iraq based on intellegence that was wrong. He should have further investigated his intellegence. WMD dont just spring up over night, if he had good intel he should have further investigated it to make sure it was accurate before moving. Thousands of lives were lost over bad intellegence doesnt this say something about the quality of his intellegence? And why havent we seen this intellegence. Dont we as the people have a right to see it. There is no reason to keep it classifed since Saddam is gone and Iraq is in chaos.

We can send a cruise missle and hit a doorway we could have waited until he wasnt around civilians. Not to mention assasination is illegal by international law, so another crime commited here.

The not caring about civilians was just a cheap shot and you know it and I find that highly offensive. Supporting the liberation of Palestine is actully supporting saving lives look at the number of Palestinians killed vs. nuber of Isrealis killed by the other its about 8:1 so I would be supporting saving lives by getting Isreal to leave. Also it was Hezbollah not Hammas that was fighting in Lebanon that we sent more bombs for which proves you have no clue about what your arguing here.

as for the cave comment I dont think i need to show any evidence that we removed the Iraqi government by force. If you havent seen information on it you have been ignoring pretty much every news organization on earth.

Although the patriot act hasent affected me personally it still violates my rights under the constitution. If you allow liberty to be eroded even the slightest it will continue to be lost. Im sure the Germans in the early 1930's said its only the jews losing their rights and look where that got them. You have to be vilgilent to maintain your rights or they will be lost. Im not paranoid I just feel that the bill of rights is important.

When did I say I supported Iran's Nuclear program. I dont think anybody should have nuclear weapons I just think we need to deal with all countries on earth the same way not picking and choosing who we want to threaten.

And yes many of the points to related to the military commissons act of 2006 showing just how illegal it is. It violates that many laws and destroys that many personal liberties. Its very illegal just like the patriot act.

So you support us being an isolated little island. No international trade, no traveling, no economy. We cant be isolated not in the current world climate. Thats why Russia has so many problems, they dont deal with the world well. Do you want to end up like Russia, I know I dont. Also this seems to me like they are with drawing from an organization that could hold them resposible for the crimes they have commited of course the administration wants to get away from them.

And lasty, my hated of Bush is not based on his support of Isreal. I have Isreali friends who support Isreal and although I disagree with them I dont hate them. Also if this was the issue why am I not calling for all of congress to be impeached. They vote on the budget every year including all the money that goes to support Isreal, but I am not calling for them to be removed. I made my points about why I feel bush should be removed, infact more critical to my opinion on this is his violation of the constitution. In my opinion a violation of the constitution should mandate someone be removed from office. The constitution is supposed to be the highest law of the land and no president should violate it for any reason and anyone who tries in my opinion is overstepping their rights and is trying to seize power.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Everyone who is paranoid that the government is going to be listening in on a phone conversation is crazy. You have to be doing something worth being listened to or else they are not going to listen to you. There are too many other phone conversations of importance to worry about. The fact of the matter is you have to be doing something to make yourself a target for investigation PERIOD! If you are not doing anything wrong then they are not going to waste there time with you.
    If you're not doing anything wrong then you don't have anything to worry about! Mind if I search your car? Your person? Your records? Your home? You have nothing to hide, so you wont mind- right?

"If you're not doing anything wrong, then you don't have anything to worry about" is a dangerous idea.

"Come on, it's not like it'll ever happen to you, there's so many other people." is like saying "Well, I've never had to go through the court system, and I probably never will, so I don't care if they get rid of my right to due process, a speedy trial, or my miranda rights."

The problem isn't that they will, but that they can.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Back to Saddam, like him or not having the witness' taunt him as he was being led to the noose and the guards secretly video the execution with their cell-phones then releasing it and worst-of-all, some witness' dacing around his body is distasteful.
    It seems this trial was more about vengance than justice... and the execution was handled in a very unprofessional way unbecoming of a legitamite government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. A public execution was likely a mistake, and the way the witnesses acted was disgraceful. Makes you wonder about just who they were willing to let in. The comments made just underscore the sectarian tension going on there, if not heighten it.
    that makes no logic

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and a quick note as well- what is falsely being characterized as a "civil war" in Iraq is, to the best of my understanding, actually now pretty much officially a proxy war between Iran and the Saudis (Dubyas pals)

I honestly believe that Saddams execution had 2 purposes- first, the US complicity in Saddams actions through the 80's could have gotten a few folks in trouble, so taking him out, all he knew died with him...

And second, the "civil war" would likely intensify, giving the US a sort of "out". The Saudis and Iran are funneling money and arms into the country and their respective factions are well represented throughout

In the end, Iraq will likely be split between the two, and since the house of Bush and house of Saud are real close, the original intent of owning at least part of Iraq will also be realized by proxy, in this case Saudi Arabia. That is what will happen, there is pretty much nothing that can be done to stop it, but the notion of "civil war" is a propaganda tool and nothing more, it is an actual war between age-old enemies, and the US role seems to have been merely to make it possible without much international intervention.

And agreed with finch and quoque, the execution itself was a shameful joke- the fact that George Bush said "fair trial" 3 times in the first 3 consecutive sentences of his "statement" is the first clue, and the fact that the US wrote the constitution and set up the courts means that no matter how much the administration insists to the contrary, it was the US who "tried", "convicted" AND executed him
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No; Iraq tried, convicted, and executed Hussein. We didn't. But the fact we held on to him until minutes before his execution sure makes it look like we orchestrated the whole thing. This administration is one f*ck up after another.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast