What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saddam Hussein executed today before dawn

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Saddam executed

Wow that was fast it seems like just last month his trial wrapped up. How long do thet]y make'em wait here in america? Lots longer.

He was a Bad man. Whether you agree with this war or not, he was a criminal and a torturer. He got what he deserved, IMO

I have an ominous feeling that now is when the real killings will start
sad.gif

Don't bother me... I'm trying to watch a sitcom.

It's amazing that someone could look at Iraq and decide the that what the place needs is even more frontier justice.  The best punishment for a tyrant is years of irrelevance in captivity.  A bloody disaster will keep getting bloodier.

Yep, "Democracy is on the march"...

Is it not ironic that in bringing "freedom and democracy" to Iraq, execution is on the menu? The fact that pretty much every "civilized" country no longer allows executions makes this act look pretty bad

I agree with JLAP here, I imagine this time the stuff may REALLY hit the fan- too bad more folks have to die, but I guess liberating a country from foreign invaders never comes cheap, eh??

I can't wait to see the pics of George Bush getting his framed copy of the hanging tyrant, and here's hoping that maybe some of the war criminals in other, whiter countries get the same brand of "justice" eh??

Like so many others in Iraq he died partly because of his religious views. He was a Sunni in a country that is now run by Shi'a factions and a prime minister who has on several occasions vowed revenge on Sunni militias. The sectarian violence has more than likely influnced it.

Also the quick execution came about in my opinion due to the instability of the Iraqi governement. They didnt want Saddam Hussein alive because many Iraqi's are saying things were better under him because there was law and order, something Iraq definetly lacks at this time. Also a quick end showed that the Iraqi government was in control and was going to do what it wanted regaurdless of Western influnce. Remember the United States had him in custody until late yesterday and we pushed for him to be tried for more crimes before he was executed.

The quick exicution was a political move and religously motivated. The governement did not want to execute him during Eid a religous festival so they had to do it before dawn or wait an entire week.

Mabudon: "whiter" countries dont commit war crimes, those are called legitimate forms of self defence. Remember its only genocide if the victim is white, or atleast the UN and Western nations seem to think that.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">"whiter" countries dont commit war crimes, those are called legitimate forms of self defence. Remember its only genocide if the victim is white, or atleast the UN and Western nations seem to think that. </div>

IMO, that's a little underdeveloped, but on the right track. Remember, folks, history is created by the victors. If Japan had won WWII, don't you think many Americans would have gone on trial for the flame bombings and the use of nuclear armaments?
For another example: I'm sure Germany would have brought in the British for their firebombings of German cities during the war.

I wouldn't blame this one on race, it's an oversimplification, I think.

Now he's in hell with the devil like he belongs. Just like he is on South Park
tounge.gif

<div>
(Trapper7 @ Dec. 30 2006,1:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Now he's in hell with the devil like he belongs. Just like he is on South Park
tounge.gif
</div>
LOL!
laugh.gif

Well, I'm sure this is the day George Bush has been waiting for. After all this is the only reason our men are dying over there anyway. I'm sure Bush had a live feed of the hanging, and I can just see him sitting there eating popcorn and smiling while he watched it.

Speaking of watching it, has anybody seen the whole video? I have.

I have seen the video also. I am not surprised its on the web. I do believe he was a horrible man but I still think he should have been tried at the Hauge by an international tribunal.

Est: I know im not blaming it on race, its just the people who seem to get to decide when something is a war crime all tend to be from european ancestors and then dont like to accuse themselves of war crimes. As an interesting side note do you know what the working definition of a war crime was at Nurenburg trials? Anything they did that we didnt. Good definition isnt it.

Im sure George W. Bush got a big ego boost out of this succeding where his father didnt.

Now I'm just waiting for the George Bush hanging video, I have the popcorn on standby, just waiting to go into the microwave.

Along with the baby.

Man, we live in a messed up world.

Man.. who sang that song that goes "Well if your feeling kind of mixed up , just remember it's a mixed up world and if you'r feeling like it's just too tough... just remember it's a mixed up world.. mixed up world, mixed up world, mixed up world...."

HAPPY NEW YEAR! BRING IT ON '07!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Est: I know im not blaming it on race, its just the people who seem to get to decide when something is a war crime all tend to be from european ancestors and then dont like to accuse themselves of war crimes. </div>

No.
Yugoslavia. Germany. The Vietnamese. Just off the top of my head.

I'm opposed to capital punishment, so I won't say Bush, Cheney & Rumsfeld should have joined Hussein at the gallows. Adjacent cells would have been enough.

I think it's belittling to think Saddam's punishment was for the mere amusement of Bush. Also to suggest that Bush should be hung is just ridiculous. We might not all agree with the way things were handled but in the long run I think we can all agree on the objective that was set for Iraq. 10-20 years from now we're going to remember this "Iraq was a mistake" argument and I wonder how we'll feel about it then. I wonder if this country would even exist today if our forefathers were as pessimistic as some of us are today.

I wonder what our forefathers would have thought about the supreme court deciding our president when the majority of Americans voted against that person.

I also wonder what they would think about a person murdering 3000 or more Americans, and a president lets him off scott free while going after a personal vendetta.

In my opinion Bush has as much or more blood on his hands than Saddame. 2000 of those lives are American.

I think that every person that lost somebody in 9/11 should demand that Bush be arrested for his war crimes and the crimes he has committed against the American people.

Bush let a terriost that has killed thousands of Americans go, and used the blood of the people killed in 9/11 to get the congress to vote to go to war with Iraq based on lies.

<div>
(0zzy @ Dec. 31 2006,2:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I wonder what our forefathers would have thought about the supreme court deciding our president when the majority of Americans voted against that person.

I also wonder what they would think about a person murdering 3000 or more Americans, and a president lets him off scott free while going after a personal vendetta.

In my opinion Bush has as much or more blood on his hands than Saddame. 2000 of those lives are American.

I think that every person that lost somebody in 9/11 should demand that Bush be arrested for his war crimes and the crimes he has committed against the American people.

Bush let a terriost that has killed thousands of Americans go, and used the blood of the people killed in 9/11 to get the congress to vote to go to war with Iraq based on lies.</div>
See this is the real problem America faces....people buying into conspiracies.

The poll recounts could have gone either way. If Gore would have won, people would be claiming that it was a conspiracy against Bush and that Bush was robbed the Presidency.

Sigh...not the 9/11 conspiracy?!?! Oh and it was an American pilot who crashed into the towers as well right! You make pro ponderous claims with no facts or evidence. Just some loopy conspiracy theory that we allowed it to happen!

We went to war with Iraq because of 9/11? I think it was a little more than that. We had evidence and intel at the time that Iraq had WMDs. The same evidence and information that was shown to the President was shown to the Congress and it must have been pretty compelling for everyone to vote YES. But let me guess the President and his staff Photoshopped all the information correct?

Oo.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Im sure George W. Bush got a big ego boost out of this succeding where his father didnt. </div>

His father had clear goals, was decisive, and knew better than to occupy a country. The current incompetent group of politicians built the Iraq Restructuring "plan" on a house of cards.

-Homer

I don't know of any conspircy theroy.

You want facts? ok.

Fact one, more americans voted for Gore that Bush.

Fact two, the supreme court decided the out come of the election.

Plain and simple, no conspircy, no therory.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">

Sigh...not the 9/11 conspiracy?!?! Oh and it was an American pilot who crashed into the towers as well right!</div>

No, it was men that was directed by Osama Bin Laden, who is still running around free and still killing Americans.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">We went to war with Iraq because of 9/11?</div>

True. But I have never seen one shred of evidence that Iraq or Saddam had anything to do with 9/11. That's why I said the victims families of 9/11 should demand Bush be arrested. Bush played a bait and switch scam. Tryed to say 9/11 was caused by Iraq, when it was Al quieda.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">We had evidence and intel at the time that Iraq had WMDs.</div>

We had all that evidence and we never found a single one.
Bush is proven to be a liar, do you really think I believe that Iraq had WMD's?

If you'll notice, for the things that I have no real evidence of I used terms like , In my opinion and I believe, but you are taking everything I said as I meant them as fact.

Back