Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein executed today before dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saddam executed

Wow that was fast it seems like just last month his trial wrapped up. How long do thet]y make'em wait here in america? Lots longer.

He was a Bad man. Whether you agree with this war or not, he was a criminal and a torturer. He got what he deserved, IMO
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an ominous feeling that now is when the real killings will start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't bother me... I'm trying to watch a sitcom.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing that someone could look at Iraq and decide the that what the place needs is even more frontier justice. The best punishment for a tyrant is years of irrelevance in captivity. A bloody disaster will keep getting bloodier.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, "Democracy is on the march"...

Is it not ironic that in bringing "freedom and democracy" to Iraq, execution is on the menu? The fact that pretty much every "civilized" country no longer allows executions makes this act look pretty bad

I agree with JLAP here, I imagine this time the stuff may REALLY hit the fan- too bad more folks have to die, but I guess liberating a country from foreign invaders never comes cheap, eh??

I can't wait to see the pics of George Bush getting his framed copy of the hanging tyrant, and here's hoping that maybe some of the war criminals in other, whiter countries get the same brand of "justice" eh??
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like so many others in Iraq he died partly because of his religious views. He was a Sunni in a country that is now run by Shi'a factions and a prime minister who has on several occasions vowed revenge on Sunni militias. The sectarian violence has more than likely influnced it.

Also the quick execution came about in my opinion due to the instability of the Iraqi governement. They didnt want Saddam Hussein alive because many Iraqi's are saying things were better under him because there was law and order, something Iraq definetly lacks at this time. Also a quick end showed that the Iraqi government was in control and was going to do what it wanted regaurdless of Western influnce. Remember the United States had him in custody until late yesterday and we pushed for him to be tried for more crimes before he was executed.

The quick exicution was a political move and religously motivated. The governement did not want to execute him during Eid a religous festival so they had to do it before dawn or wait an entire week.

Mabudon: "whiter" countries dont commit war crimes, those are called legitimate forms of self defence. Remember its only genocide if the victim is white, or atleast the UN and Western nations seem to think that.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "whiter" countries dont commit war crimes, those are called legitimate forms of self defence. Remember its only genocide if the victim is white, or atleast the UN and Western nations seem to think that.

IMO, that's a little underdeveloped, but on the right track. Remember, folks, history is created by the victors. If Japan had won WWII, don't you think many Americans would have gone on trial for the flame bombings and the use of nuclear armaments?
    For another example: I'm sure Germany would have brought in the British for their firebombings of German cities during the war.

I wouldn't blame this one on race, it's an oversimplification, I think.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Now he's in hell with the devil like he belongs. Just like he is on South Park
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast