Welcome to our new leader.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I thought it was jan. 1st, not April 1st.

I ain't buying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 01 2007,12:13)
    So is this forum going to be sponsored by TF still or will it be supported independantly or will the members donate like at some other forums?

this IS terraforums. you might be thinking of exotic gardens, which is the name of the retail part of what phil created and once known simply as "pet fly trap". phil separated terraforums from exotic gardens a while ago.

congratulations Andrew! i'm glad i can be of some help to you, even if it's not much. be sure to keep us up to date with whats going on with the storefront part of the business and to any new plant offerings!

tech...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congradulations andrew, but know that we must be supplied with updates on this matter, or else we will start buggin ya

So is this place kind of a buisness investment of sorts, or do ya just like hanging out with us so much ?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew, buddy, does this mean I have to suck up to you now?

Congrats!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(technoracer @ Jan. 01 2007,8:36)

(JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 01 2007,12:13)
    So is this forum going to be sponsored by TF still or will it be supported independantly or will the members donate like at some other forums?

this IS terraforums. you might be thinking of exotic gardens, which is the name of the retail part of what phil created and once known simply as "pet fly trap". phil separated terraforums from exotic gardens a while ago.

congratulations Andrew! i'm glad i can be of some help to you, even if it's not much. be sure to keep us up to date with whats going on with the storefront part of the business and to any new plant offerings!

tech...

Aaaah yes. Thank you, that's what I meant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pardon me for asking, Andrew, but

Are you going toe-to toe against the big guys? Or are you going to carve out a specialty nich for yourself? Offer to the mass marked, or hardcore hobbyist. Offer selections not found elsewhere commercially [Drosera 'Emerald's Envy']? Is there a big enough market for that? Goodluck with competitive pricing!
    that makes no logic

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Susanne, thanks for the intro. You are so good at that stuff

Phil definatly did a great job making a place we could all live at, and when the option came open to buy it, I couldn't not do that. The alternative was likely someone who didn't know anything about this play and who know what would have happened. For those of you that don't know, I've been a member here since this board was only a few months old. In fact, I am member #25! So I've seen this board change a few times, and I've watched it grow. It's not something I wanted to leave to chance. I wanted to ensure its survival. That is what phil wanted too, and I guess he felt I could do that, and that's why he contacted me when it went up for sale.

PAK- tsk tsk for bypassing the word filter. But on this great day of the new year.... I cannot say anything to you about last year.

Brian is correct, Terraforums is the name of these forums. Not the supporting party. For now, I am supporting these forums personally. But with the entry of my new buisness, it will hopefully become the supporter of them and bear the financial loads.

Finch, as you probably noticed, I spend A LOT of time here. And that was definatly my reason for buying. I have way too many friends here to not do what I could. But as an added bonus, I will also have this venue to let you all know about any sells I might throw etc from my buisness.

schloaty, havn't I ALWAYS been the one that you needed to suck up to? LOL

Finch, of course I am going to carry the more basic stuff... (I think it would be dumb to not!) but I also will carry some stuff not too common in the market. I think even the people here that have been growing for a while will find stuff they need. although, since that stuff is not on any large TC operation... Supply will be limited most of the time of that stuff. You'll see

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and such. I've actually owned the forums for a few months now. Although It doesn't seem like much has changed, we're still the same set of mods doing what we've always done! (but now I can provide you with better smilies and a newer board that should provide better options and choices!) Phil is still around so you might see him every now and again.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast