Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Troubles at left turns...

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Farmerdave... it's a cop by cop thing.. I doubt my brother would give someone a ticket for that either.. But this was a motor cop... (speed trap) so i'm sure it was a good story to go back and tell his buds waiting in the "group"
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Jan. 04 2007,10:34)]
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 05 2007,5:24)]Correct Outsiders. ( I just had to take driving class for a speeding ticket i got while taking my wife to the ER.. and we cleared this subject) Red light running is when you cross the intersection (described as intersection corner to intersection corner.. not the lines) If your vehicle is past that line when the light goes red, you're in the right. WAIT till everthing is clear. Then make your turn. If the traffic going the other way comes and you are still sitting out there.. They have to wait for you to clear the intersection. Take your time. Wait till it is safe. And enjoy driving!!! (I do, a favorite past time!!)
    Andrew
    Thats not entirely true. Anti-Gridlock law provides that you may not enter an intersection without being able to pass through without stopping in the middle. Even if the light is green, if you cannot pass through the intersection, you are required by law to stop behind the limit line and wait.
    You are referring to driving "straight" through. When you are turning, that does not apply, at least here in Arizona. I recently went to the same driver's education as Andrew
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hahaha- What did you go for? That drinking thing? (jking of course!!!)
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle Code

Entering Intersection, Rail Crossing, or Marked Crosswalk

22526. (a) Notwithstanding any official traffic control signal indication to proceed, a driver of a vehicle shall not enter an intersection or marked crosswalk unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection or marked crosswalk to accommodate the vehicle driven without obstructing the through passage of vehicles from either side.

(b) A driver of a vehicle which is making a turn at an intersection who is facing a steady circular yellow or yellow arrow signal shall not enter the intersection or marked crosswalk unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection or marked crosswalk to accommodate the vehicle driven without obstructing the through passage of vehicles from either side.

A driver of a vehicle shall not enter a railroad or rail transit crossing, notwithstanding any official traffic control device or signal indication to proceed, unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the railroad or rail transit crossing to accommodate the vehicle driven or there is sufficient undercarriage clearance to cross the intersection without obstructing the through passage of a railway vehicle, including, but not limited to, a train, trolley, or city transit vehicle.

(d) A local authority may post appropriate signs at the entrance to intersections indicating the prohibition in subdivisions (a), (b), and .

(e) A violation of this section is not a violation of a law relating to the safe operation of vehicles and is the following:

(1) A stopping violation when a notice to appear has been issued by a peace officer described in Section ( ) 830.1, 830.2, or 830.33 of the Penal Code.

(2) A parking violation when a notice of parking violation is issued by a person, other than a peace officer described in paragraph (1), who is authorized to enforce parking statutes and regulations.

(f) This section shall be known and may be cited as the Anti-Gridlock Act of 1987.

The first section there pretty much says it all... This is taken directly from the California Vehicle Code. Obviously every state has its own vehicle codes so anyone unsure of the laws in their state should research it for themselves.

Joossa, you are from California so it might be in your best interest to know this law...

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in some parts of Texas they have camera's up which snapshot your plate. In the morning you receive the ticket in the mail for running a red light. It's similiar to the methods already in use in some parts of London. Electric eyes are becoming more prevalent everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote[/b] ]Vehicle Code

Entering Intersection, Rail Crossing, or Marked Crosswalk

22526. (a) Notwithstanding any official traffic control signal indication to proceed, a driver of a vehicle shall not enter an intersection or marked crosswalk unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection or marked crosswalk to accommodate the vehicle driven without obstructing the through passage of vehicles from either side.

(b) A driver of a vehicle which is making a turn at an intersection who is facing a steady circular yellow or yellow arrow signal shall not enter the intersection or marked crosswalk unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection or marked crosswalk to accommodate the vehicle driven without obstructing the through passage of vehicles from either side.

A driver of a vehicle shall not enter a railroad or rail transit crossing, notwithstanding any official traffic control device or signal indication to proceed, unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the railroad or rail transit crossing to accommodate the vehicle driven or there is sufficient undercarriage clearance to cross the intersection without obstructing the through passage of a railway vehicle, including, but not limited to, a train, trolley, or city transit vehicle.

(d) A local authority may post appropriate signs at the entrance to intersections indicating the prohibition in subdivisions (a), (b), and .

(e) A violation of this section is not a violation of a law relating to the safe operation of vehicles and is the following:

(1) A stopping violation when a notice to appear has been issued by a peace officer described in Section ( ) 830.1, 830.2, or 830.33 of the Penal Code.

(2) A parking violation when a notice of parking violation is issued by a person, other than a peace officer described in paragraph (1), who is authorized to enforce parking statutes and regulations.

(f) This section shall be known and may be cited as the Anti-Gridlock Act of 1987.

The first section there pretty much says it all... This is taken directly from the California Vehicle Code. Obviously every state has its own vehicle codes so anyone unsure of the laws in their state should research it for themselves.

Joossa, you are from California so it might be in your best interest to know this law...

Cheers
    Steve
    Thanks for the info Steve.

Quote[/b] ]Here in some parts of Texas they have camera's up which snapshot your plate. In the morning you receive the ticket in the mail for running a red light. It's similiar to the methods already in use in some parts of London. Electric eyes are becoming more prevalent everywhere.
    Yeah, they have those all around S. California too. Some are not that evident though, so if one does not look carefully he/she might completely miss the fact the perched camera has its eye on the vehicle...
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, Steve, I think your reading is incorrect. For a car turning in an intersection, they cannot enter unless the street they're turning onto is clear. There can be traffic coming from the opposing direction that makes you wait, sometimes till the light turns red even, but as long as the street you are turning onto is clear, you're still good. The gridlock laws refer to remaining in the intersection because of traffic in your lane after the light turns. It is literally impossible to avoid waiting, sometimes till the light turns red, on left turns, and the proper procedure is to pull into the intersection while waiting for a clearing in the opposing traffic.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123