User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Adrian Slack Book?

Unregistered

Unhappy

I noticed that there is a new, supposedly updated version of Adrian Slacks original "Insect Eating Plants and How to Grow Them", which has been retitled to "Insect Eaters: How to Grow and Feed Extraordinary Plants". It says it's been published as of Sept. 2006 so I guess that makes it fairly new.

Has anyone checked this out? I've purchased it because I could not find a copy of Slack's original "Insect Eating Plants" for a reasonable price ($100+ for a former library book w/stamping in it was too steep for me ).

In case anyone is curious, this new version seems to only be available on Amazon's UK site:

# ISBN-10: 1899296301
    # ISBN-13: 978-1899296309

Just wondering what other people think or if anyone else has gotten it yet.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is like Tupac lol

I'm sure it'll be on ebay soon enough.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 05 2007,10:32)]This guy is like Tupac lol

You mean adrian is a no talent dead black man?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adrian Slack was very good at writing about CP. Best of all, his first book was full of location data. Excellent reference. Insect Eating Plants was his second, but equally as good. I had both books, and am sorry I ever gave them up. Sold several old volumes for 100 dollars for 6 books. 2 Slack books, an Allan Swenson book, and Lynn and Gray Poole from 1964, and 2 others I can barely remember. Should have kept them all, but hindsight---etc., etc. Worth owning if all they changed was the title on the Slack volume.

Tupac who??????
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Unregistered
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Jan. 06 2007,12:37)]Adrian Slack was very good at writing about CP. Best of all, his first book was full of location data. Excellent reference. Insect Eating Plants was his second, but equally as good. I had both books, and am sorry I ever gave them up. Sold several old volumes for 100 dollars for 6 books. 2 Slack books, an Allan Swenson book, and Lynn and Gray Poole from 1964, and 2 others I can barely remember. Should have kept them all, but hindsight---etc., etc. Worth owning if all they changed was the title on the Slack volume.

Tupac who???
    It appears they've expanded it, at least from what the cover information states. So I guess it's not just a reprinting but actually an updated edition of Slacks original cultivation book.

So nobody has this yet? I can't be the first person since September that ordered this, although I suppose given that its only on the UK site, there probably aren't that many people who've seen it.

I'll let everyone know how it looks when I have a chance to go through it, hopefully sometime soon.

Unregistered
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Jan. 05 2007,11:43)]
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 05 2007,10:32)]This guy is like Tupac lol

You mean adrian is a no talent dead black man?
    You left out the part about him living in Cuba with Elvis after faking his death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....along with osama and the "real killer" of O.J. Simpson's wife.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are you talking about of course theirs a new book, we have all known about it. I dont know why no one but a few people have really spoke up.

I have this book, its a good book. Dont give it away for those who dont have it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast