What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm sorry...

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I'm sorry the boards have been shut down today. I was trying to prevent having a lot of lost threads (between when the last database update was done on the new forum, and when the new forum actually got opened) But tech support for vBulletin actually have their programmer that made the export program looking at why our PMs did not import. Everything else is done (permissions, smilies etc)(as long as they don't decide to delete everthing and start over). So, since it turns out to be not something just tech supports can help with, but rather the actual programmer that made the export program (the PMs have imported to a file in the new forums, they just didn't go from that folder to your mail boxes) he's going to look and see what's up. Anyway, long story short... here are the forums back open... Once the PM this is fixed... I'll shut the forums down, back up the database, import it to the new forum (to get all the new posts) and we should be completely set. Don't worry, you're gonna like the new place :)
-Andrew

I've seen it and it is really nice, but I'll miss this place too.
rock.gif

I just don't know how long it is going to take them. And I couldn't stand having it shut down anymore. I asked for a guestimate... and never got a reply....
nononono.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Don't worry, you're gonna like the new place :)

Thats what we say to the dogs before we bring them to the kennel pending big trips

The new one looks good. is it going to have the green skin?

You saw the new one?
rock.gif
I don't have any skins yet.. I want to make sure everything is in working order first. Also, the quick reply doesn't have clickable smilies... But I understand there is a fix for that. Again, I'm not gonna do it till I know everything is working.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] is it going to have the green skin?

I hope not, I hate green.

And green hates you.
oh.gif

Yeh i hacked in....

no i was refering to the sample board.

Thank you for your time and effort, on the behalf of all of us.

Teacher:Now class, what do we say to Mr. Andrew for coming here today to help us?

Class: Thaaank-you Mr. Andrews
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

*psst that means the rest of you  
bigsmile.gif

Where's my spitballs and my straw?

I think a better question is where  arn't your  spitballs and  straws

Finch- the "test" one was phpBB I didnt' like that. So I purchased vbulletin. That's the one i'm using now a TAD bit different (k quite a bit... much more features :p) I think only 4 people had seen the new one before i shut it back down :p

lol i was just getting on the internet, i saw this was closed so i browsed somewhere else and just rereshed this page later, and it came up. Not the new one, sadly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 06 2007,4:58)]I'm sorry the boards have been shut down today.  I was trying to prevent having a lot of lost threads (between when the last database update was done on the new forum, and when the new forum actually got opened)  But tech support for vBulletin actually have their programmer that made the export program looking at why our PMs did not import.  Everything else is done (permissions, smilies etc)(as long as they don't decide to delete everthing and start over).  So, since it turns out to be not something just tech supports can help with, but rather the actual programmer that made the export program (the PMs have imported to a file in the new forums, they just didn't go from that folder to your mail boxes) he's going to look and see what's up.  Anyway, long story short... here are the forums back open...  Once the PM this is fixed... I'll shut the forums down, back up the database, import it to the new forum (to get all the new posts) and we should be completely set.  Don't worry, you're gonna like the new place :)
-Andrew
Maybe he/she can get the passwords to move over too, so we don't have to go through the lost password routine?

I doubt it. It's mentioned in the import instructions that many of the board imports will not bring over pws. And to just use the mass email function to alert users.

I just noticed summat. Summat is my new word but summat is not what I noticed. What? lol

The code for the BIG eyed smiley is the same for the big eyed happy raised eyebrow one.

See?
oh.gif

and
oh.gif

I think the first should be called WOW or something.

The smilies were added back here in a hurry after the "tech" at ikonboard deleted everything. I have no doubt there are problems with them.... But, I don't think that is a problem on the new forum. It doesn't have clickable smilies in the quick reply... But once everything is shown working... I hear there is a addon for that.
wow.gif
oh.gif

Back