Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Smell...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

So it was like 70 degrees here (in Eastern PA) yesterday and.. let me remind you all.. it's JANUARY.. WINTER! 70 degrees!?!

I think I speak for everyone when I say.. "WTF!"

Was it oddly overly warm anywhere else? I've heard that this year is going to be the warmest year yet worse than 2005 (as that was the current warmest). I guess that means no snow this year. :/

Oi.. we have a problem on our hands. :/
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    El Nino.... I don't really buy into the global warming thing... But that doesn't mean I don't think some things need to be changed.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh I forgot about El Nino. I need to wiki that, I still don't know exactly what that is. x_x
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A weather system that goes through the USA ( other places too..)every couple of years.. with warmer and usually wetter weather. But yes, read up on it. Interesting stuff. I think there is also "El nina" so check that out :-)
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are experiencing an El Nino effect this season? Was wasn't I notified sooner!? J/K

Yeah… the effect of global warming cannot be effectively measured from one year to another based on temperature. The process is very slow, so one cannot blame a drastic or moderate (or sometimes even a very tiny) increase in annual temperature solely to global warming. Like Andrew mentioned, El Nino is probably the main culprit… If you want some snow just pray for a cut-off low to hit your area, although you are located quite north…
    -Joel from Southern California

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    El nino is a warming of the waters of the Pacific. It causes very crazy weather in different places. It causes more storms in the west. Notice the floods in the north west and the snow around Denver. It causes warmer weather in the eastern US and tornadic weather in the southeastern US. It also causes less hurricanes in the Atlantic. I do believe that all of these situations have or are occurring this year. Don't worry the snow will come for you guys in the north.

Now the problem about global warming, Some people believe that when we have a warm winter and a killer hurricane year, it is absolute proof that global warming is happening. But look through history weather goes through cycles.

On the other side of this is people that say it's no way related to global warming, because look at history weather goes through cycles.

The truth I believe is right in the middle, yes weather goes through cycles. Look at the hurricane cycle. We are on a historic cycle with bigger and more hurricanes. That's normal and nothing to do with global warming. We are in a period of time that would have had a higher number of hurricanes than normal even if the earths temps were the same as they were 100 years ago. What global warming does is speeds up those cycles. Storms can be bigger and stronger. Same with El nino. We will start to have stronger El ninos and they will come more often.

The thing that is really scary is to think how much El nino changes our weather. El nino is caused because of an area in the Pacific gets a few degrees warmer every few years. Just think what will happen if the whole ocean warms by twice that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting... global warming is really scary when you think about it. It always reminds me of the movie "The Day After Tomorrow". THat was like the first non-horror movie to scare me, ever. Just a few degrees in temperature can do so much damage. It's crazy.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I just hope that it doesn't drastically harm my plants!

really though, it is a topic that has my mind a lot and I honestly don't know what to think about it. I just hope that whatever this "Global Warming" is planning to do can be stopped!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast