What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum.. troubles? Questions? Sugestions? do it here!

Well it is the same as alot of my other boards. The software didn;t bother me. It was that I just wanted to be a pain. LOL as long as I have a place to chat with my friends I am cool. It is looking good so far Andrew. I have to say it is an improvement.

I also like how the default search is for "all open forums" because on the old board I would always click search or hit enter and forget to specify "all open forums" and it would pop back and say "no forum was selected." This is much more convenient for those times when I am doing a general search and I am forgetful.

xvart.

haha xvart! That was one of my major HATES of the other forum. And honestly, the FIRST thing I tried to "fix" when I became admin of the forums. haha- funny. :-))
Andrew

haha xvart! That was one of my major HATES of the other forum. And honestly, the FIRST thing I tried to "fix" when I became admin of the forums. haha- funny. :-))
Andrew

Well I wasn't going to go as far as "HATES;" but, it fits perfectly with my feelings. Great minds think alike. First things first, you know! I was about to leave the forums because of that annoyance, but when it was fixed I decided to stay!

xvart.

Did the background recently change to some dot-matrix gray or something? It makes my eyes go out of focus. Wouldn't a solid color work just as well?
~Joe

There have been zero changes to the visual forums at all for at least a few weeks.

Strange indeed... I wonder why I just started noticing. Maybe I have a tumor. I swear to God, it looks like the text at the very top of the page is moving ever so slightly upward and to the right.
~Joe

:crazy: lol What specifically are you talking about?

I'm talking about this background image:
bg_body.gif

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/images/ca_evo_green/misc/bg_body.gif
The little diagonal lines are just a bit too small to make out from a distance on my screen and they make the text on top of them look all funky.
~Joe

yea dude i dont see it.... you ok?

I like the new forum but HATE waiting to send pm's. When you got to reply to 6 at a time it's annoying.

a6f7ee14.gif

^ a neat little icon we haven't used yet^

wtf.jpg

Look at the very last thread, how is the star's their isn't that for rating a thread how do you do that?

JLAP- what are you talking about? Is there a limit you're talking about or something? It would be really helpful if people could give more information! lol

Nepak- I added those stars to give more attention to that thread. I have the rating system removed otherwise. I don't really see a reason for it. Since all of our threads SHOULD BE 5 out of 5 stars or should not be posted :D lol

lol, I think JLAP is talking about how their is the 60 second wait between sending messages.

Really? I've been getting about 15 PMs a day lately (3-7 at a time just got anoter 4 as i came to look at this LOL).. And have never been caught by a timmer ???

EDIT: I've removed the time limit required between PMs. If I see a spike in server usage due to this, I'll have to replace it though. I dont' see that being a problem though :) The new forums are doing GREAT on keeping out the "bad guys" I've not caught or heard of a spammer being caught since the move. I was banning up to 20 a day on the old forum....

Last edited:
yea dude i dont see it.... you ok?

I see what Seedjar is talking about. Fiddle with the brightness/contrast of your monitor and you can see it or make it go away. There's a very subtle gray gradient just above the signature line and the on many of the borders.

I asked about that once... Never got an answer. I'll try again. You guys are get really nit picky ??? haha

We have noted several problems and discussed them here :http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107119

In trapper's your the first to see pic's thread. Virtually the entire thread vanished save for a few responses- You should look into these problems

I would like to know why my lichen thread was locked too

I'll look into them. The lichen thread is reopened.

If this is some kind of new policy, andrew has the responsibility of notifying us so we can tailor our threads so as to not run afoul of it. I have brought up similar news stuff in the past, and have never heard of any problems, as trapper has posted her announcement that her shugar glider gave birth and all our responses boiled down to "congrads". If this is a new policy or something guys, perhaps you should let the people it affects know?

I'm not too sure how to feel about this. Seems like you're trying to say I'm not fair and constantly change policy without notifying anyone??? ? Do I (or any mod) do things without notice? I'm sure there have been isolated cases but it is definatly not our policy.

Edit: I've made changes so that it is impossible (if I did it right) to fully delete a post. That should clear up any mistakes. Some of the mods are still trying to figure out the new software. I admit, it can be a tad confusing. The same "check" boxes can be merge, delete, copy, paste, approve etc etc..... so I still dont' know what happened. But just in case it was a moderator mistake, it can't happen again. (I think. LOL)

Last edited:
Back