What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum.. troubles? Questions? Sugestions? do it here!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello, welcome to the new terraforums... things will change over the next few days. If you have anything that may need to be looked at. Say it here. If you want to say it looks good or bad, please say that in the other thread :) Thanks!
Andrew

Is their a way to set it to Resize the avatar?

How are the banner rules still?

LOVE IT!

I've noticed that the avatars are gone. Dunno if they are deleted or disabled.

And the giant attacking google ad is scary :( I don't mind it, just wish it wasn't right in the middle of the threads

And I wish you didn't have to click quick reply. I wish it was automatic like in the old forum.

Please don't think i'm complaining or anything. This forum looks FABULOUS and you've done a great job!

EDIT: THANK YOU! ALL HAIL THE GREAT ANDREW! WE CAN UPLOAD OUR OWN AVATARS!!!

Seriously.. I feel like a Hebrew that's been led out of Egypt and into the Promised Land... I'm so happy I could cry... And this is a good opportunity to say we need clickable smilies :)

you can have avatars sizes are just different than old board and if they dont fit it wont resize them

I'd have to say that the forum definately needs a color scheme. :p

Also, whats with the little blank topic thing(if you hover over replies it says "default")? It kind of adds to the bulkiness of the posts.

Other than that, its pretty good!

Is their a way to set it to Resize the avatar?
I think you now need to have an avatar that is the right size or smaller... the other one didn't resize it. It just squished it in there...
How are the banner rules still?
avatar and images in signature still apply. Now you should be able to upload them though
LOVE IT!
I've noticed that the avatars are gone. Dunno if they are deleted or disabled.
And the giant attacking google ad is scary :( I don't mind it, just wish it wasn't right in the middle of the threads
And I wish you didn't have to click quick reply. I wish it was automatic like in the old forum.
Please don't think i'm complaining or anything. This forum looks FABULOUS and you've done a great job!
EDIT: THANK YOU! ALL HAIL THE GREAT ANDREW! WE CAN UPLOAD OUR OWN AVATARS!!!
Seriously.. I feel like a Hebrew that's been led out of Egypt and into the Promised Land... I'm so happy I could cry... And this is a good opportunity to say we need clickable smilies :)
I don't know why they didn't come over. Right now I dont' think i have any up to pick from, so you'll need to use your own.
you can have avatars sizes are just different than old board and if they dont fit it wont resize them
sizes are the same. It just won't allow you to use bigger ones like the other forum

I love it. There's far more mod powers to abuse.

Rule breakers beware. >:- ) lol!

(Anyone want to volunteer a post for me to edit? :) )

Last edited:
I'd have to say that the forum definately needs a color scheme. :p

Also, whats with the little blank topic thing(if you hover over replies it says "default")? It kind of adds to the bulkiness of the posts.

Other than that, its pretty good!

I'll have to look into colors... i need to rebuild the search thingie.. i think that may be linked to what your talking about. or else.. that will just apply to new topics. Some minor things like that are bound to be lost in translation between forum softwares.
Andrew

est this is for you

Ok. I edited it. Thank you. Now, on with the constructive criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I got a good one, Im preaty sure you can post a link to the Forum on the Blue Boarder Header where the USER CP FAQ MEMBER LIST ect.... is on, you should post it their some time instead of it being a sticky.

Seems like the link button in the editor is acting funky.

1. It does not ask me for "hyperlink" text
  2. If I edit the string to change the hyperlink text it complains the message is too long

For example in the message I want the text this site to show rather then the url http://www.terraforums.com, clicking on the hyperlink "this text" would open the url.

On the TF main page are the forums still in the same order as they were before? I don't like how the first forum in the general forums group is 2006 NASC Benefit.

xvart.

Masks? I have forgotten who are mods and who aren't. :blush:

and is their going to be a clear cut between pinned topics and what not?

On the TF main page are the forums still in the same order as they were before? I don't like how the first forum in the general forums group is 2006 NASC Benefit.

xvart.
I'll check
Masks? I have forgotten who are mods and who aren't. :blush:
and is their going to be a clear cut between pinned topics and what not?

Looks will come a TAD bit later :)

How does the "new posts" link work? Is it by a time like new posts in the last five minutes? I just clicked it on my laptop and it brought up five posts. I viewed all five posts, and then clicked it again. This time, the new posts were all the same, but not bolded meaning I had viewed them. So I assume it is by time? Is it too early to ask questions like these?

xvart.

It's probably based on a cookie so you probably need to refresh/reload the index page.

Ehh... I really don't like this layout... It's all... generic.. I'd assume that it won't be like this for long though? I miss the old one. D:

The "important read this" announcement has the wrong url for the lost password page.

How does the "new posts" link work? Is it by a time like new posts in the last five minutes? I just clicked it on my laptop and it brought up five posts. I viewed all five posts, and then clicked it again. This time, the new posts were all the same, but not bolded meaning I had viewed them. So I assume it is by time? Is it too early to ask questions like these?

xvart.
Honeslty, I'm not sure :-\
Ehh... I really don't like this layout... It's all... generic.. I'd assume that it won't be like this for long though? I miss the old one. D:

The old forum was "generic" as well. It's just that nobody really uses ikonboard (for good reasons) so you weren't used to seeing it probably.

fixed the quick reply having to click thingie.... lol :-D

Back