What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum.. troubles? Questions? Sugestions? do it here!

Template has been modified to put a divider between stickies and posts :banana2: :boogie:

Template has been modified to put a divider between stickies and posts :banana2: :boogie:
That made the topic lists much more neater. :bigthumpup:
Oh, and thanks again for the cyclopse.:hail:

I am with Clint. Looks good so far. I asume your still working on the colors and things. If this version you had to pay for then why is there add links in the thread list? That is my only complaint so far is the adds right in the middle of the thread lists. I personaly do not like ads, but I can live with them. Just not in their current locations.

The ads are mine. They didn't come with the software. At least until I get my store up and running... I need some help paying to run these forums. And that location is known to be the best location. I'm sorry you don't like it. For those of us that visit often, we'll soon "not see" them. But it is still a very valuable place for the guests and such that visit these forums every day. Hope you all can understand that.
and besides, I feel EVERYONE needs firefox!!!!

Well, I know it's not a stack of smilies to the left or right of the quick reply box... It's a drop down. But that's better than nothing! So, I guess the clickable smilies in quick reply is done! :-D (unless I find a "better" tool...)

I like the new setup, but I do have one request - the rolling message-of-the-day applet on the top of the page needs to go. It's really jerky and hard to read on both of my browsers and makes my eyes hurt. I think static text would work just as well as anything else for a MOTD. Also, is there any chance you could switch the online/offline dot pictures back to the old lightbulbs from ikonboard? I liked the lightbulbs.
But whining aside, nice work ad.
~Joe

Joe, I totally agree... it was just a trial thing. It will be gone shortly.

very useful buttons like the bold and italics. just click and type!! so handy! the button next to out avatar can be pretty useful too! i like it!. at first i was indifferent to the new forums. but now that ive learned all of its little features...IT GREAT!
Alex

Probably not, but is it possible to change the big vBulletin picture at the top? I think it would be cool to have a sweet Terraforums logo/icon and put it up there real big. Right now, it's hard to even tell what board your on except for the little "terraforum" in the box below it. That and the menu bar.

xvart.

Probably not, but is it possible to change the big vBulletin picture at the top? I think it would be cool to have a sweet Terraforums logo/icon and put it up there real big. Right now, it's hard to even tell what board your on except for the little "terraforum" in the box below it. That and the menu bar.

xvart.

Yes, plantakiss is our resident graphic artist. I have asked her to create something.. But she hasn't sent me anything yet... Maybe I can make something half decent just to toss up untill something better comes along. Edit: Hope that's a tad bit better. ???

Last edited:
Light bulbs are back. Like that better than the forum default?
Andrew

Yes, plantakiss is our resident graphic artist. I have asked her to create something.. But she hasn't sent me anything yet... Maybe I can make something half decent just to toss up untill something better comes along. Edit: Hope that's a tad bit better. ???
Excellent! Also, I love the lightbulbs. Good work.

xvart.

SO, maybe we could have a banner contest for up top? provided by the members and voted on by the members?

Andrew: Thanks for fixing my login issues, whatever they were!

Yea! the light bulbs are back! i do find them easiest to "read".
Thanks.

Now question, forgive if this has been brought up....
When i click on the web links such as grow list or www. in the signature, the link does not work anymore. I get the "problem loading page'????

Peter

Yea! the light bulbs are back! i do find them easiest to "read".
Thanks.

Now question, forgive if this has been brought up....
When i click on the web links such as grow list or www. in the signature, the link does not work anymore. I get the "problem loading page'????

Peter

It looks like links didn't always convert over. You probably need to edit your signature to remove extraneous quote marks and backslashes in the links.

I kinda like the default icons over the lightbulbs, but I'm probably in the minority. I think most people like the lightbulbs because the yellow bulbs are a lot more obvious than the darker blue. Maybe a flytrap leaf closed vs open with a nice red interior?

Also there's a limit of 4 image links per message. Six might be better, but no big deal. :blahblah9xm:

Nice banner lol. It's a start!

xvart.

If someone wants to design 4 images to replace the light bulbs... perhaps we could use them. we'd need new post, old post, new post locked, and old post locked.

I'll look at the pictures per thread thing... 4 is a few too many...

Don't make fun of my banner!! It took me all night (30 seconds) to make that!! :D

And yes, links didn't really convert correctly. So everyone needs to edit their signatures. If they link to growlists on this forum, the whole URL needs to be updated.

I did re-link my link in the signature, but it still doesn't work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?
Can anyone open the link below in my signature?

Thanks,
Peter.

Last edited:
Back