What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum.. troubles? Questions? Sugestions? do it here!

Oh i did not know that. Good to know.

Hey, so is there any way that you could tweak the new posts feature? If you touch each thread in the new posts list, then the next time you search nothing at all comes up. I think it was better when there was some minimum timeout period on the new posts, so you could at least see recent topics in the list, even if they weren't exactly new.
~Joe

Okay- I just found the feature for you!! In the green bar across the top, go to "quick links" and pick "todays posts" It will show posts that have new posts since your last visit, AND posts that don't have new posts... from today. That should work for you. :)

Okay- I just found the feature for you!! In the green bar across the top, go to "quick links" and pick "todays posts" It will show posts that have new posts since your last visit, AND posts that don't have new posts... from today. That should work for you. :)
I find this feature very handy.

How come when you quote a post it does not contain a quote within the quote? Not that I really care because sometimes it is annoying with 20 quoted quotes within a quote; but, sometimes it is handy.

xvart.

I find quote in quote in quote super annoying. All you need to do is click the arrow next to the name to see the full previous post.
But if it's a topic that you're keeping up on, I'd think you'd know what was being quoted with just the last quote there. That's my view on it anyway...

Andrew - I tend to agree. I guess I should have said was this a function you turned off? Or is this the default for the new board system?

xvart.

This is the default setting. I've not messed with anything to do with that.

I keep getting this message when i try to edit my messages after a pause
You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Problem is i am already IN the edit screen and i am just pressing the save button. Screen said i was logged in. It gets through, after a few times but man is it a pain

is that the only time you're getting an indication that you are not logged in?

i had been leaving the site for 10-ish minuit intervals typing into word to correct spelling and such. It says im not logged in by my screen corner says Welcome, Finch. even after refresh. But then i moved to a different post and then it said i was logged out, even though i had preformed no such action. I had to log back in and if it wasnt for the word document i would have lost it all

Are you making sure to click the "remember me" when you login? Otherwise it will time out. If you are sure you're clicking the "remember me" during login, then you must have something blocking the cookie that the board is trying to set to keep you logged in.

i had been leaving the site for 10-ish minuit intervals typing into word to correct spelling and such.

We thank you for being so diligent in your typing and grammatical correctness! If you use firefox there is a plugin that allows you to have the red squiggly underneath misspelled words just like in word.

xvart.

edit: It's not a plugin for firefox. Spell check is a feature of version 2.0.0.1

Last edited:
xvart, have you read finch's signature? LOL I have the firefox that shows words it does not recognize (IE misspelled) But quite a bit of the time I just let it go. :p :-))

Again!?
i was supposed to have everything spelled right since "relpy"
action-smiley-021.gif

I am not going to read therough all 14 pages to see if has been mentioned but I find it a little obnoxious that I have to enter a minimum of 10 characters to post. Maybe I am just a lazy but it is nice to be able to just say "PM'd you" rather than "I have sent you a PM"

I don't know if it was in this topic, but this is not the first time I've heard that (2nd or 3rd?) I was just trying to get away from " :)" or "Cool!" posts... I didn't think 10 characters was going to be too hard to achieve. But I've removed the min character requirement to post. (Well.. It is 1 character now... )

Well we can just delete those non constructive posts :p :poke:

Well we can just delete those non constructive posts :p :poke:
lol, yah- that's how it was done before. I saw this feature and thought "Cool an automated feature for that!!!" No biggie :)
!
Just kidding. Does that include quotes?

xvart.

Uhm... no. I'm pretty sure outside of quoting someone, you would still need to enter at least 1 letter for the post to go through. But it will take more than that for your posts to stay posted as pyro said above. :)
Andrew

Uhm... no. I'm pretty sure outside of quoting someone, you would still need to enter at least 1 letter for the post to go through. But it will take more than that for your posts to stay posted as pyro said above. :)
Andrew

lol. Well, I try and make a habit out of making constructive posts... Or at least avoiding non-constructive posts!

I'm totally down with the new forum. I can't even remember what the old one was like. Smooth transition. Well done.

xvart.

Thanks :bigthumpup: I tried. And I think at this point, even those that were not interested in some new software... Are getting the hang of this and loving the new features. :banana2:

Back