What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members gone by- a reflection

Finch

Whats it to ya?
With the coming of the new board, it is a great time to reflect on the past. Specifically, past members. Who do you miss and wish they would come back? Or just, who do you remember- share your memories with us.

I’ll start.

Anyone remember

lavenderdawn? She was always so nice and helpfull. I always enjoyed talking to her. I miss her.

Alpha_wolf? I always had really interesting conversations with him about science and nature. We still kept in contact after he left here. One of my best forum friends.

Hey ozzy, remember Spectabilis73? What a character! You two had some interesting topics and stuff going on between ya. Don’t know if I want him back, though.

So that’s who I remember. Who do you remember, and why?

THe most memorable for me would be Matty (or was it Matti). Not a good thing to say about him so all I will say is that I truely hope Andrew remembered to ban each and every one of his accounts.

Then there was that guy with the necrosing toe..

He drank silver water or something stupid like that.

I miss Tamlin, pondboy, NickHubbell, Rampuppy, and sometimes when I'm bored I even miss Spec.

I miss Carito. I remember she used to name her plants funny names. She also helped me a bit when I was starting out (with CP's).

I miss 0zzy. God bless his sole. At one point... not only did he visit the forums a lot. He even helped moderate and solve some problems!!

Thats soul.

I would say I miss my ability to spell... But I really don't think I've ever cared much about that. :)

what did happen to Tamlin.... he was like POOF! gone one day.
i was thankful enough to not know Spectabilis...i heard he was a psycho! but lol was still here when i first joined. it was him actually that got me interested in Nepenthes. i never saw his "bad" side though.
Alex

We aren't supposed to talk about him.

And don't get mad at me for telling them not to. Don't shoot the messenger.

I dont think the mods would be trying to supress information... right?

Arn't supposed to talk about tamlin? He's still around every now and again. He has some medical problems so his time here is limited.

Tattle. :D

*shows this topic to everyone he knows that was mentioned* Muwahahaha!

Whatever did happen to pondboy? He didn't..like.. die did he? All of a sudden we stopped getting updates on him and then it was like he just disappeared? I didn't even remember him until now. x_x

Edit: Spec says he feels the love. X)
And AlphaWolf says "Aww."

Last edited:
Spec.......ugh don't get me started.....

Rampuppy I definetly miss, and Nick Hubbell!

Tamlin i miss....don't hear alot out of Brooks Garcia (Leak Wilkerson discoverer) much anymore either.

LOL i talk to spec quite a bit he disses you all all the time!

just kidding i made that up and that is a total fallacy!

Pond Boy, Darcie, sszvein, Lithopsman, Snowy Falcon.....

No I didn't mean tamlin. I meant the other one.....the banned one.. and not matti

Once I said he was crazy or something like that and another mod told me never to talk about him again and he was not joking.

Tamlin i miss....don't hear alot out of Brooks Garcia (Leak Wilkerson discoverer) much anymore either.
Brooks is around. he just dosent post much.. i can edit my post to not mention "he who must not be named" if a mod wants me to.
Alex

I don't know both sides of the story but from what it sounds like is "he who must not be named" was just a stupid young kid a couple of years ago, what can you expect? 13-12 year olds aren't perfect you know. I'm sure hes grown up a little from then.

I'm not gonna talk about it because i'm afraid that i'll be banned so.. yeah.

ANYWAYS....

Back