User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh hell yes I can agree with that lol.

On issues like this i'm anal about details and the nitty gritty of exactly what people mean. Sorry if i'm anal about it lol.

We disagree finch but you're still a cool Don't take our disagreement personally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I can kinda understand, because you don't want people to get TOTALLY misinformed about it and think that you're doing something mortaly wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want people to a get a little misinformed lol.

You've got opinions on both sides here and all people can do is research, reseach, then then research more. Listen to the good stories and bad stories (there WILL be bad trips if you use) and then decide for themselves what they want to do.

The problem with a lot of drugs is that people don't take the time to research. Or maybe i'm just weird and find them interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

good point JLAP, but what I think he's saying is that it's still bad for your health, and that some drugs have been known to cause real problems( like people trying to get money for drugs.......the wrong way).
    Bingo

On issues like this i'm anal about details and the nitty gritty of exactly what people mean. Sorry if i'm anal about it lol.

We disagree finch but you're still a cool Don't take our disagreement personally
    Of course, i do not mind one bit. If course some people would find my attitude anal as well- but i do honestly try not to be, but perhaps sometimes i fail.

Sadly, i find examples to use that are not common knowledge. I forget that monkshood is not something most people know about. Its a little late to be clearin this up, but this is whats up with monkshood -
    One of the most potent poisons in the plant kingdom, it contains analgesic medicines to alleviate pain both internally and externally. Tinctures of monkshood ae frequently used in homeopathy. But its also a great way to get yourself killed eventually.

So what i was hoping to draw a parallel to was that amphetamines and opiates are also medicine, but even things that are realy bad for our body have some medicinal usage. The issue is whether they do it better than modern medicine. I have the feeling... no, so they are not really of practical use, even though they have a use.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it makes you feel better, I knew what it was In that Ginger Snaps 2 movie she shoots up with it to keep from being a werewolf lol I think it was in Harry Potter, too. And my mom has some lol.

I agree about the practicality of some allelopathy remedies. I thought you were comparing entheogens to monkshood and they aren't the same animal (Oh boy hope that doesn't start us up again lol!)

The only parallels between monkshood and the entheogens I can think of is datura/brugmansia/ atropine and scopalomine plants. Those are rarely used and certainly NOT the extracts. I remember seeing someone ask how to make an extract from them once, and people immediately started to flame that poster for being so stupid and started warning him how easy it would be to kill himself.

We take care of our own

OH, and people, please don't get "extract" and "tincture" confused. Tinctures contain miniscule ammounts of what they claim to have and that's why alot of people think homeopathic remedies are BS lol. You can buy datura tinctures for homeopathic stuff, but no one in their right mind would make an extract unless it was for incense. AFAIK, no one does uses it for incense either.

I'm not kidding when I say don't mess with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP im with you on the research part that one thing, (finch or some one posted that has those college class podcasts ive been listening to for a few days)

I think research MUST be done! Find a proper dose if you are going to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    \Sorry if i gave the indication that i was trying to draw a parallel between the two on a chemical level. I was just using it as an example of another harmfull substance that has medicinal properties that are also bad fro you in the way that the risks outplace the benefits
    You said
    Extracts (in this example entheogens) just makes things easier
    and i assumed you were referring to pure drug extracts, so i responded with
    True. I could chew monkshood leaves, but an extract will kill me so much faster
    As a example as something else where extracts are more harmfull than the finished product, even though it has medicinal qualities

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And on a side note, resercing monkshood shows it has very pretty floweres

and is a new must-have for my garden
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... you'll rarely find an extract/resin that's only got the drug in it... then it's not an extract it's just a drug isolated from plant X.

I totally misunderstood your analogy. My bad

IT IS PRETTY! Is it related to Lupine? Looks similar.

Cody: what's that podcast about? It's long so I was hesitant to listen to it.

There's a series of documentaries you can watch for free on googlevideo about some entheogens. It's called Sacred Weeds.
    Just type that in and you'll get little "documentaries" about Salvia Divinorum, Amanita Muscaria, Blue lotus and Henbane. They give history and then you can watch people take it. I thought they were all interesting except for Henbane, but only because i'm not into witch history lol

disclaimer: I don't advise taking these even though they are legal allmost everywhere. Stay outta trouble kids!