User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blah some people will never learn.

Clint the gangs would not make any morney on MJ sales anymore because once it was legalized the price would fall through the floor. We would be able to buy 25 dollar OZs again.

No more need for smuggling so no money to be made to sneek it in. No more need to sell t on the low low. Just go lagit and everyone makes money.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey that makes sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could go to the supermarket and buy it even i bet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suspect eventualy because when it does get legalized, there will be a temporary boom in the market. Then everything will level off. That is my prediction.
    JB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this on Wiki.

Schedule I is the only category of controlled substances that may not be prescribed by a physician. Under 21 U.S.C. 812(b), drugs must meet three criteria in order to be placed in Schedule I:

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse
    The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
    There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.
    In 1970, Congress placed marijuana into Schedule I on the advice of Assistant Secretary of Health Roger O. Egeberg. His letter to Harley O. Staggers, Chairman of the House Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, indicates that the classification was intended to be provisional:

Dear Mr. Chairman: In a prior communication, comments requested by your committee on the scientific aspects of the drug classification scheme incorporated in H.R. 18583 were provided. This communication is concerned with the proposed classification of marihuana.
    It is presently classed in schedule I(C) along with its active constituents, the tetrahydrocannibinols and other psychotropic drugs.
    Some question has been raised whether the use of the plant itself produces "severe psychological or physical dependence" as required by a schedule I or even schedule II criterion. Since there is still a considerable void in our knowledge of the plant and effects of the active drug contained in it, our recommendation is that marihuana be retained within schedule I at least until the completion of certain studies now underway to resolve the issue. If those studies make it appropriate for the Attorney General to change the placement of marihuana to a different schedule, he may do so in accordance with the authority provided under section 201 of the bill. . .
    Sincerely yours, (signed) Roger O. Egeberg, M.D.
    The reference to "certain studies" is to the then-forthcoming National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse. In 1972, the Commission released a report favoring decriminalization of marijuana. The Richard Nixon administration took no action to implement the recommendation, however. A protracted struggle ensued in which marijuana reform activists began working through all three branches of government to reschedule the drug.
    Also on Wiki lower in the article.
    In some ways, cannabis is indisputably safer than prescription narcotics such as oxycodone and morphine, since there are no records of anyone ever dying from a cannabis overdose. The reason for this was revealed in a study by M. Herkenham, A.B. Lynn, et al, Cannabinoid Receptor Localization in Brain, published in a 1990 issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, attributing the lack of overdose deaths to a lack of cannabinoid receptors in areas of the brain controlling breathing and the heart.[6] Gettman claims that the discovery of the cannabinoid receptor system in the late 1980s revolutionized scientific understanding of cannabis' effects and provided further evidence that it does not belong in Schedule I.
    Here is the full articles I have been reading.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabi..._United_States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schedul...hedule_I_drugs
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blah some people will never learn.

Perhaps we would listen to you if you actually gave supporting data for yout wild claims for once.

MJ used to be prescribed, but now it is banned
    Yes just like meth, and other things like radon. Those are far worse but just to show how this argument is flawed.
    Extacy (MDMA) used to be prescribed, and so did methanphetamines. Meth was prescribed be narcolepsy and for weightloss. LSD was also studied by the military to make a more effective soldier or something like that. Soooooooo just step back and look at the big picture. We ARE a drug culture whether you like it or not.
    That makes no sence. By that logic, any drug use in the past makes it part of our culture. So does that mean there good? OK? No. It does not.

Also I would like to add one more thing to the mix here. Have many folks stepped back to think, maybe the reason there is alot of crime related with "drugs" is due to the fact that they are illegal? I am going to use pot relatedc crimes as an example here. Since that is the only one I care to see legal. Any of the smugling crimes with MJ is because it is illegal. You would not have that if it was legal. I don't think there are people killing folks or robbing to smoke another bud. Most people who commit crimes and have MJ in there system ALSO have acohol or cocane in there system. Most folks on MJ are mellow and do not care to get roudy. It just ruins the buzz. If MJ was legal there would be no need to smuggle it and no more gang wars over MJ profits. No more peopel getting arrested just because they blazed a joint or was buying a sack for themself.

Alot of times the hurt done to bystandards is becaue of the laws set in place and not the "problem" itself
    Im skepticle. Can you show me supporting data? And not from wikipedia, please.
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meth is still prescribed. It's called Desoxyn. It's still scripted for ADD/ADHD/HAD, narcolepsy, and some specific type of obesity.

Yes, any drug used in our history is part of our culture, to me. Are you saying that LSD and the flower children aren't part of our heritage? A hippie just died when you said that lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch, Loosen up the bunghole a bit. I pick up a lot of my information while out reading and looking up various things when I am bored. I do not cite everything I read. Those were just a few things I found off Wiki when I was doing some random research last night on the web at work. Just for you though I will start to dig and cite every NON Wiki site just for you.
    Perhaps we would listen to you if you actually gave supporting data for your wild claims for once.
    That was totally uncalled for. It is a slam on my character and implies I have no clue what I am talking about. It is like calling me a "know it all" that doesn't know anything, and that angers me. I have received the vibe from other posts of yours that you don't like me very much. This last post just confirmed it. You really should get out of the little bubble your in and learn something about the world that is not in text books, Finch. We are in a drug culture. Face it. Look at all the non-necessary scripts being spread around. All the drug commercials on the TV. You have a drug for this a drug for that. When the biggest thing this country needs is to exercise. As I said before the most abused drugs in the US are prescription drugs. Either obtained illegally or legally with s script, but I forgot those are OK since they are prescribed ya know.

Quote:
    Also I would like to add one more thing to the mix here. Have many folks stepped back to think, maybe the reason there is alot of crime related with "drugs" is due to the fact that they are illegal? I am going to use pot relatedc crimes as an example here. Since that is the only one I care to see legal. Any of the smugling crimes with MJ is because it is illegal. You would not have that if it was legal. I don't think there are people killing folks or robbing to smoke another bud. Most people who commit crimes and have MJ in there system ALSO have acohol or cocane in there system. Most folks on MJ are mellow and do not care to get roudy. It just ruins the buzz. If MJ was legal there would be no need to smuggle it and no more gang wars over MJ profits. No more peopel getting arrested just because they blazed a joint or was buying a sack for themself.

Alot of times the hurt done to bystandards is becaue of the laws set in place and not the "problem" itself
    Im skepticle. Can you show me supporting data? And not from wikipedia, please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also for this last one Finchy. I don't have a supporting study. No one does. Oh I forgot MJ is a schedule one drug. Very hard to get permits to study it. Then if they did I am sure they would study something else before they studied this aspect of it. All I can offer you is my personal experience and observations. I have NEVER seen one of my friends get violent off just smoking herb, and that is a lot of people I have seen smoking too. Next time you read the paper and reading the reports of a violent crime where the perpetrator was intoxicated you will more likely have MJ, Cocaine, or alcohol in their system. I would say a lot of the time they would have a combination of 2 or all three. I would also bet not once would you see one listed with just MJ. The stereotypes about MJ are false. If you stepped out of your bubble and took a toke you would understand why, but since I am willing to bet dollars to donuts you have never inhaled you really cannot say one way or the other. Since we know that the majority of the tests that are out there are swayed one way or the other. The ONLY way you are going to see for yourself is to toke up, but I don't see the restriction getting loosed for that any time soon.

Just FYI too. Most folks do not get stoned on the first toke. I know I did not, but that second time I toked HOLY COW! Never been one like it since.

I just personally cannot stand it when people are against something without all the facts at hand. My argument is not just for the purpose of toking up. It is also for the use of Hemp as paper, cloths, and bio fuel. The fact that one acre of hemp make so many more times the amount of paper that trees does should bring some of the tree huggers to the cause. The fact that it uses far less chemicals to grow should bring the environmentalist on board, but NOOOOO. Everyone is stuck on the fact that some people like to smoke it for recreational use. Just goes to show you how strong the propaganda monster is. It has the majority of our country running scared from the big green beast we call Marijuana. Thank goodness that is changing. More and more people are coming out of the closet and proclaiming the beauty of the bud, and all the good it could do for this world.

Finch Stop hating over the comments I made in your precious global warming thread. I stated those to be opinions. This stuff I either have personal experience with or have read it someplace.
    JB