User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason we dont know much about Pot is cause it was band before any one had a chance to even consider looking at it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If true that would make the need for study even more important, because we wouldnt know that much about it, making legalization premature. I however doubt that because there are extensive studies on the harmfull effects on other drugs.......
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly OTHER drugs... if pot wasn't smoked, or use responsibly, which that in its self is hard to control, it wouldn't be "dangerous" but Alcohol is just as dangerous when used irresponsibly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If alcohol, caffeine or cigarettes were invented now, they'd probably never be allowed on the market and people trying to sell them would be criminals. But that isn't justification for opening the door wider for other substances. Alcohol is behind more deaths, injuries and violence than all other drugs combined, but that genie is long out of the bottle and there's probably no putting it back. Even though we've been taught Prohibition was a failure and it certainly led to some photogenic gangland killings, I wonder if rape, domestic violence and drunk driving fatalities were down by even more. I'm sure people have looked into it and maybe I'll search for it tomorrow.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP: I was just saying that I personally get kinda mad whenever a parent with kids (develpoing or not) does drugs, or tends to get very drunk a lot. 1) because they need a lot of that wasted money for their kids, and 2) because it's a really bad experience for their kids.........believe me I would know.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I thought you got mad because people bought expensive dope lol. I totally agree, and drugs aren't all that that happens with. Some people would rather buy lottery tickets than put food on the table. Gambling is just stupid to me lol. You're probably not going to win unless you card-count at blackjack and that's hella hard. I agree though, that pisses me off to no end when people put themselves before their kids (in any regard, not just when it comes to addictions). BUT I also believe if you don't have any money problems and you have at least above room temperature IQ then there's nothing wrong with having a bowl when the kids aren't around as long as you don't negate any of your obligations.

Cocaine isn't even that fun lol. I don't see why people like it so much. The comedown is worse that the high is good.... and it's not that good of a high lol.

Short euphoria followed by cold sweat and a hurting, pounding chest.... No i think I'll pass lol

I gotsta have my coffee , Bruce Lol It's a mild stimulant and the only problems that arise happen when someone takes a whole bottle of no-doze. Look at Guarana and stuff , and didn't they re-legalize Ephedra? If people didn't overdo ephedra then go play football there would be far fewer problems lol. These drugs are just another shortcut that Americans are so fond of. Sure you could work out to feel alert, but people would rather drink coffee and energy drinks than do that. Then they go eat a whole pie lol! I'm more worried about the obesity epidemic than most drugs.

Lol, maybe when I'm a grandpa I can tell my grandkids that "I lived through the great obesity epidemic of the 21st century!" LMAO!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got that right Clint! Obesity is a far worse problem than anything drug related. People are complaining about being addicted well look at all the fat behinds addicted to food. The addiction is the same, but the sad part is though we need food to live.

Also Farmer Dave Pot has not caused a single reported case of cancer. It doesn't fry any more braincells than breathing in city air. The problems that can arise from smoking pot are minimal at best. If you were to eat it there would be no adverse affects on the body. The only problem with MJ ATM is the fact that most people smoke it. It only "makes you lazy" if you get the dirt weed that has a lot of another cannabanoid in it. I would have to read the book again, but basically there are two active chemicals in pot. THC and another cannabanoid. The other cannabanoid is responsible for the sedative affect. I know when I smoke a bowl of the good stuff I am ready to do something. So with you being underage you shouldn't be fooling with it for one, and your information is inaccurate for 2. The thing about it making you lazy was a BIG propaganda hype used to get it illegal. They claimed the Mexicans came over smoking it and claimed they were lazy. The propaganda also claimed that it make crazed African Americans. That is not the word used, but you get the point.

Well EST, OK you have me there, but you still have to process it some. You don't just get the white powder. Also if the coca leaves were used like they originally were by the Mayans ans Aztecs it is not all that bad, but when you use the mega doses like you can with crack or powder is when it gets bad. You can even kill your bowels from doing to much coke. I have taken out dead bowel from people who abused coke. People have died from coke overdoses. NO ONE HAS EVER DIED FROM A POT overdose. It is physically impossible to smoke the amount necessary to OD on it, and I do not think someone is going to ingest a pound at one time to OD on it.

Nep G you are correct one glass of wine is reported good for you. I have not heard it reported about beer, but I am not disputing that it could be. Now how often do you just have one glass of beer? Well scratch that I have one or two glasses of beer at a sitting most time, but I do it on an empty stomach so I get a buzz then eat something to drive home after dinner. Plus it costs do dang much to have a beer at a restaurant. Any who. You can get the desired affect with one bowl or one joint of pot where as you would normally need 4 to 6 to get a decent buzz with alcohol. At least for me. If I have food on my stomach I have easily done through 12 beers before. No I do not do it all the time because I hate the feeling the next day from having to much to drink. Hangovers SUCK. With pot no matter how much you smoke your not going to have a hangover the next day. Unless you smoke some potent hash or purp your going to be down in after about 2 to 6 hours. I have had reports from others after smoking a joint of good hash they were stoned for 2 days. Now that is too much IMO, but hey what can you say. Had he had an equivalent dose of other illegal drugs he may have been dead.

My biggest thing is not to try to convince people to smoke pot. I personally do not care if you toke on them like they are cigarettes or if you never touch the stuff. It just drives me insane when I hear someone bad mouthing Marijuana when it should not be bad mouthed. Everything floating around about the stuff is propaganda BS. Thanks to our gooberment who ran scared from something they knew nothing about. Those that knew about it knew it as Hemp and not by marijuana so they were too late to say something about its medicinal value and recreational value. Now you have every law maker wanting to be politically correct and refusing to even visit the issue because many people still believe it is a bad thing from all the propaganda spread through the media and gooberment about it. Believe me when I say I used to believe all that mess too. I did not smoke my first joint till I was 17 years old. I was dead set against drugs until then. I believed all the BS spread about them and was a good boy. I tried to keep my friends from doing it and all that jazz. Then I wised up. I was convinced to try it and I realized that all the stuff they were saying about it was a lie! I still made good grades in school and I was never arrested for anything. Now that I am 28 I am still making good grades in school and still have not been arrested for anything. My wife and I own our home that we have totally remodeled, have 3 vehicles, a greenhouse, and are getting the few bills we have paid off. Not bad for a pot head huh? Many lawyers and doctors are potheads. There was an advocate on TV who was a lawyer and proclaimed pothead. Now I know that law school is a B@#$H. So if all those things were true about pot those folks would have never made it 4 years of college then 4 years of law school. The dang government used to pay farmers to grow hemp for the war for crying out loud! This was before all the breeding programs to get strains better suited for fabric production and some better suited for smoking. Yet it is all still cannabis. The same way sweet corn is still corn and if you pollinate field corn with sweet corn you will loose the sweetness in the offspring because the sweet gene is recessive. Cannabis is the same way. There is only a few species of cannabis, but through breeding they have made fiber strains and smoking strains.

Take it as you will. I will have research links on my next post. I will try to refrain from replying to this thread until then. I might fail at that because I will have to defend MJ again, but who knows.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BHAMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First search and ALREADY I found something that might surprise a lot of you!!!!!

The active ingredient of marijuana could be considerably better at suppressing the abnormal clumping of malformed proteins that is a hallmark of Alzheimer's than any currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of the disease.
    The rest of the article is here. http://www.livescience.com/humanbiol...marijuana.html

Notice the Key there. It said BETTER and not just better but CONSIDERABLY better than currently prescribed drugs!! Already first search and I have something for the skeptics!! And no Finch. That was directed at all the skeptics and not just you.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13