What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hehe, now that I've got your attention, what do you guys think about the new trend of products featuring the names of drugs as a sales hook (Pun intended :) ) I just saw a new coffee on CNN called Meth Coffee, and that's why I'm posting.

Cocaine energy drink , Meth coffee, and those Pot-lollipops. Is this a harmless marketing ploy or is this marketing towards teens? Legal alternative or gateway foods giving kids the impression that drugs aren't as bad as everyone says? Or is this just like rum ice cream and the candy cigarettes people used to sell?

Personally, I don't see why some people are complaining. I consider a ban on these items a violation of free speach. I think it's just a good marketing ploy. I don't think these things will hurt teens at all. Anyone who really expects a legal alternative is in for a sad surprise i'm afraid :( Hey, even if kids abuse them and drink 2 or 3, what's worse? A caffeine/taurine/ginseng cocktail or crackalack? I think people who are complaining need to relax just a little.

What do you guys think? Anyone tried them?

It reminds me of a Dave Chapelle skit. "It's cocaine in a can, baby!"

As a little disclaimer, I do not suggest drug use. Don't do it. Don't break the law and stay in school.

Ive had them they are stupid, from experience The lollipops taste nothing like it.

I remember when Surge was the latest fad because of all the caffeine. All these kids in Junior High running around cause Surge made you souped up! lol.

I think the names of these new products are lame and I would be ashamed if I was the marketing agent behind these products.

xvart.

I just had another idea. Could this lead to real drug-infused products for adults?

There are drugs that are still totally legal to buy and use recreationally. Atleast in most states (all but 2 I believe) Could this lead to Salvia infused gum or mints for adults? Give you that pins and needles feeling for awhile. Could this lead to candy containing muscimol? Drinks containing synthetic phenethylamines such as the 2c series?

All of these would be for adults, naturally. Of course kids would get ahold of them. What do you guys think? An inevitability? A problem? What if instead of being in foods, they were dissolved in alcoholic drinks instead?

Hope I don't give anyone ideas and people don't start petitions lol. I'd seriously kick myself in the butt for posting any of this if that happened lol.

Meth Coffee?! Coffee so good you drink it every day and scratch sores into your face..

I don't know about you but I'd never drink something called "Meth Coffee", regular coffee is bad enough. :p

The whole thing sounds sooo stupid.. :crazy:

Definately marketing this stuff to teens.

Lol, I DO drink coffee everyday lol. ATLEAST 2 16 ounze cups. Sometimes 3 and then I have a energy drink in the afternoon. Sometimes redbull, sometimes full throttle.

Lol, am I an addict? lol I guess i've just built up a tolerance. If it stunts your growth, and i'm 6 feet tall, wonder how tall i'd be if i'd never drank it? lol. I'm be like that chinese dude.

ok.. I don't really use coffee cups. Plastic cups hehe. Reminds me of that comic from Beyond the Pale that said "If you drink wine out of anything but a wine glass you just feel like a drunk..." LOL!

I think it's ridiculous. I remember when Opium perfume first hit the market and all the old fogeys were complaining. Turns out the old fogeys were right. But I'm not as bothered by naming things after drugs as much as I'm bothered by the fact that corporations do it as a merchandising ploy. Illicit drugs have some powerful image behind them and I hate seeing it wasted on mass-market consumer goods. The Velvet Underground song Heroin is great because it has all the depth a song by that name should have. A word like opium or meth is wasted on something as trivial as coffee or perfume.

It's kind of reminds me of hearing about Wall Street investment bankers with a Che Guevara poster on the wall. (full disclosure: I have one, but am not an investment banker). They'd be the first up against the wall if a latter day Che Guevara ever took control.

...Ok, what was the controversy on Opium Perfume and why were they right? I'm too young lol.

And what's Che Guevara?

they only sell the Cocain energy drink in a few states and then in those states only a few cities. one of those cities is right near where my aunt lives which is Ft. Meyers. i could get one anytime i want.... i hear its downright INSANE it has like 280% MORE caffine than a Red Bull!!!!!!!
Directed towards teens? most deffinatly. but dont forget there are the adult druggies.... :lac: .
if you think about it.this is more or less a big stereotype if you think they are marketed towards teens.... just somthing to think about....
Alex

not sure why the pot flavored lollypops...............granted its been over 5 years but IIRC even the good stuff has a fairly bitter taste

i hear its downright INSANE it has like 280% MORE caffine than a Red Bull!!!!!!!

Humm thats not healthy. But this is coming from a guy who cant sleep all night if he drinks 1 mountain dew in the evening. I don’t know what the marketing goal is behind this BUT- and it is a huge, Eric Cartmen sized BUT- I don’t think it will matter in the end once the parental groups kick into gear and try and get these off the market

Ill be honest that would be my caffine fix, I have to have some form of caffine other wise i wont fall asleep bad i know i never stoped drinking like i said i would.

I don't like drinks that skip on the theobromine. That's the weaker long-acting stimulent and when I drink something without it i'm dead in a couple hours, unlike coffee.

I have noticed that I feel happier when I have energy drinks over coffee. There's something in there besides Taurine and Caffeine that just improves my mood. But like they say what goes up must come down and i'm a zombie in a couple of hours lol.

Good thing no one seems to be worried over real drug-laced products for adults.

Hey, why was Absinthe made illegal? I don't understand that. I've had Wormwood/thujone extract and nothing happened to me.

Absinthe is Legal to have, just illegal to sell/purchase in the states.

Wormwood is complicated if its made with oil the extract wont do much, if its done Right and you make it tar, (like opium that kinda tar-ish thing) And Smoke it you will get you the affect you want, i don't know about drinking the extracts cause I've read reports of people drinking it and usually if its an alcohol extract thats the BAD alcohol, like 95% alcohol. erowids is our friend remember that go look it up their i know they talk about it. Absinthe is of course made differently than the extracts you usually would need to make you're own "extract" for much to have an affect. But The usual wormwood extracts are sold for heat insents and i believe organic flea control on dogs and cats.

And the government thought that they were poisoning people thats why it was made illegal i think.

I did smoke the extract. It looked like brown crack lol

Erowid is our friend. If it wasn't for Erowid i'd probably be dead by now. No joke.

Wormwood produces a natural pesticide and is not reccomended for internal use, being toxic. I plant 'silver mound' near milkweed to repell aphid.

I was looking around and I found a neat website. Energyfiend.com

It tells all about the caffeine content in pretty much everything, and there's even an area that tells you how much you'd have to eat/drink (pills drinks and mints) to kill yourself lol. Naturally it's not intended to help you kill yourself.

It says i'd need 35.34 cans of Cocaine to die lol

UC recently offered a lot of their courses free as podcasts. This one might be worth listening to for people who find drugs appealing:

Psych 119 Drugs and Behavior

I haven't gotten to it yet (I downloaded 500 hours worth of courses, so I may not get to it before I die), but the course should be a good way to get more well-rounded in an area of knowledge where there're a lot of lies being told by both sides. Good or bad, people should know what they're getting into here.

I was going to post this in the last drug thread, but you guys coincidentally started another one. :)

thank their goes the next 12 days of my life... *listens*

I hope he stops coughing in lecture 29..

Absinthe is for all intents and purposes harmless, it was outlawed because it was killing ppl however it was the copper sulfate used to color it on occation that was causing the damage not the wormwood. Absinthe colored with herbs is as harmless as any other alcoholic beverage

Back