What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Oh hell yes I can agree with that lol.

On issues like this i'm anal about details and the nitty gritty of exactly what people mean. Sorry if i'm anal about it lol.

We disagree finch but you're still a cool :) Don't take our disagreement personally :)

Well I can kinda understand, because you don't want people to get TOTALLY misinformed about it and think that you're doing something mortaly wrong

I don't want people to a get a little misinformed lol.

You've got opinions on both sides here and all people can do is research, reseach, then then research more. Listen to the good stories and bad stories (there WILL be bad trips if you use) and then decide for themselves what they want to do.

The problem with a lot of drugs is that people don't take the time to research. Or maybe i'm just weird and find them interesting

good point JLAP, but what I think he's saying is that it's still bad for your health, and that some drugs have been known to cause real problems( like people trying to get money for drugs.......the wrong way).
Bingo

On issues like this i'm anal about details and the nitty gritty of exactly what people mean. Sorry if i'm anal about it lol.

We disagree finch but you're still a cool Don't take our disagreement personally

Of course, i do not mind one bit. If course some people would find my attitude anal as well- but i do honestly try not to be, but perhaps sometimes i fail.

Sadly, i find examples to use that are not common knowledge. I forget that monkshood is not something most people know about. Its a little late to be clearin this up, but this is whats up with monkshood -
One of the most potent poisons in the plant kingdom, it contains analgesic medicines to alleviate pain both internally and externally. Tinctures of monkshood ae frequently used in homeopathy. But its also a great way to get yourself killed eventually.

So what i was hoping to draw a parallel to was that amphetamines and opiates are also medicine, but even things that are realy bad for our body have some medicinal usage. The issue is whether they do it better than modern medicine. I have the feeling... no, so they are not really of practical use, even though they have a use.

If it makes you feel better, I knew what it was :) In that Ginger Snaps 2 movie she shoots up with it to keep from being a werewolf lol I think it was in Harry Potter, too. And my mom has some lol.

I agree about the practicality of some allelopathy remedies. I thought you were comparing entheogens to monkshood and they aren't the same animal (Oh boy hope that doesn't start us up again lol!)

The only parallels between monkshood and the entheogens I can think of is datura/brugmansia/ atropine and scopalomine plants. Those are rarely used and certainly NOT the extracts. I remember seeing someone ask how to make an extract from them once, and people immediately started to flame that poster for being so stupid and started warning him how easy it would be to kill himself.

We take care of our own :)

OH, and people, please don't get "extract" and "tincture" confused. Tinctures contain miniscule ammounts of what they claim to have and that's why alot of people think homeopathic remedies are BS lol. You can buy datura tinctures for homeopathic stuff, but no one in their right mind would make an extract unless it was for incense. AFAIK, no one does uses it for incense either.

I'm not kidding when I say don't mess with that.

JLAP im with you on the research part that one thing, (finch or some one posted that has those college class podcasts ive been listening to for a few days)

I think research MUST be done! Find a proper dose if you are going to!

\Sorry if i gave the indication that i was trying to draw a parallel between the two on a chemical level. I was just using it as an example of another harmfull substance that has medicinal properties that are also bad fro you in the way that the risks outplace the benefits
You said
Extracts (in this example entheogens) just makes things easier
and i assumed you were referring to pure drug extracts, so i responded with
True. I could chew monkshood leaves, but an extract will kill me so much faster

As a example as something else where extracts are more harmfull than the finished product, even though it has medicinal qualities

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on a side note, resercing monkshood shows it has very pretty floweres
Monkshood.jpg

and is a new must-have for my garden :-D

Well... you'll rarely find an extract/resin that's only got the drug in it... then it's not an extract it's just a drug isolated from plant X.

I totally misunderstood your analogy. My bad :)

IT IS PRETTY! Is it related to Lupine? Looks similar.

Cody: what's that podcast about? It's long so I was hesitant to listen to it.

There's a series of documentaries you can watch for free on googlevideo about some entheogens. It's called Sacred Weeds.
Just type that in and you'll get little "documentaries" about Salvia Divinorum, Amanita Muscaria, Blue lotus and Henbane. They give history and then you can watch people take it. I thought they were all interesting except for Henbane, but only because i'm not into witch history lol

disclaimer: I don't advise taking these even though they are legal allmost everywhere. Stay outta trouble kids!

its monkshood, cool plant, i like it, survives our winters just fine, however it doesnt like being disturbed once planted

I totally misunderstood your analogy. My bad

Im sorry i was not more clear.

Thanks for the advice, rattler

the other thing ive noticed is its easily squeezed out by other plants................dont place it near other plants that are likely to over grow it. give it its own lil corner to grow in where you wont have to move it in the near future and it does great.

Nepenthes Gracilis. Here is the problem with all the studies on MJ. Since MJ is a scedual one drug and deamed to have "no medicinal" value by the booberment. It cannot be studied by anyone in the US. Unless of course they do it below the radars. This is why there are not many universities studying the plant to deam it harmless for people. So it has the be dropped of that scedual one list for it to be studied legaly.

I can tell you now from personal experience that even though you are less inhibited you do normaly remember and know what you are doing. Even when i ahve been really really stoned I remembered the experience the next day. And I have seen studies that claim your short term memory comes back after your impairment are over. Unlike the claims made by the "war on drugs" commercials. And since that was more than likely a one sided study I am not sure how much scientifics you can add to it.

One more thing i need to add though. Since taking my class in statistics anyone who is creative enough can make statistics slant the way they want them to. So you have to have someone working on the study that is not biased to begin with.

JRF Are you awair that the government gives anphetamines to its fighter piolets to give them stamina for their long missions and to keep them awake on combat missions? Meth was created by the nazi's and that is where the nazi method of making meth came from. It was the field method to making meth for the nazi soldiers, but they were not the only one using methanphetamines. The US government gave it to its soldiers too. Granted these drugs can be and are addictive. I am not saying they are not. I just want you to step back a minute and look at all the scripts out there right now being prescribed by doctors as we speak. Look at methidone. It is legally prescribes and kills at its minimum dose for pain. Look at some of the heart drugs. i forget the name of the drug, but it is for heart attack people to help the heart pump more affectively by reducing its workload. Did you know a side affect of stopping the meds is a heart attack? What about Viox and celebrex. There are many many many different drugs that are legaly prescribed that Americans are addicted to. In fact prescribed drugs are the most widely abused drugs in the US. That is something you do not hear in the news, but we are a drug culture weather you like it or not. People seem to think that because it is prescribed it is ok. MJ used to be prescribed, but now it is banned. Many of the same folks screaming about these bad drugs take some of the silent killers because a doctor says they need to take it. Sometimes you cannot allways trust your doctor. With all the drug companies pushing there different drugs they sometimes get confused or over look a potentioal side affect. We recently had a members mother get an antibiotic she shouldn;t have because of a doctors oversite. I forget who that was.

Also I cannot find where it fits in so I will jsut put it here. Extacy (MDMA) used to be prescribed, and so did methanphetamines. Meth was prescribed be narcolepsy and for weightloss. LSD was also studied by the military to make a more effective soldier or something like that. Soooooooo just step back and look at the big picture. We ARE a drug culture whether you like it or not.

JLAP said do research. This should hold true to even drugs prescribed by doctors. Remember my comment that scripts were the most abused drugs in America, and that statistics can be scewed? The fact is that scripts are a heck of alot more abused than many street drugs.

Also I would like to add one more thing to the mix here. Have many folks stepped back to think, maybe the reason there is alot of crime related with "drugs" is due to the fact that they are illegal? I am going to use pot relatedc crimes as an example here. Since that is the only one I care to see legal. Any of the smugling crimes with MJ is because it is illegal. You would not have that if it was legal. I don't think there are people killing folks or robbing to smoke another bud. Most people who commit crimes and have MJ in there system ALSO have acohol or cocane in there system. Most folks on MJ are mellow and do not care to get roudy. It just ruins the buzz. If MJ was legal there would be no need to smuggle it and no more gang wars over MJ profits. No more peopel getting arrested just because they blazed a joint or was buying a sack for themself.

Alot of times the hurt done to bystandards is becaue of the laws set in place and not the "problem" itself.

Maybe I should join the Air Force hehehe

MDMA was scripted for couples who needed serious relationship counseling. The next day, presto. A loving couple who had learned a buttload about each other and their needs and feelings. Then people abused it (as it wasn't script-only) and then people got scared to now it's illegal. It's not even addictive.

I'm addicted to Propecia :( I need my fix every day or my hair will start to fall out!

What's dumb about the system is that IIRC, it's done by the potential for abuse, not by how "bad" it is.

I mean, MJ is on there with Quaaludes! Come on people!

I hate Nixon.

You hate Nixon too?? WOW i thought i was the only one... and we have good reason to hate him. Not just water gate!

Also I would like to add one more thing to the mix here. Have many folks stepped back to think, maybe the reason there is alot of crime related with "drugs" is due to the fact that they are illegal? I am going to use pot relatedc crimes as an example here. Since that is the only one I care to see legal. Any of the smugling crimes with MJ is because it is illegal. You would not have that if it was legal. I don't think there are people killing folks or robbing to smoke another bud. Most people who commit crimes and have MJ in there system ALSO have acohol or cocane in there system. Most folks on MJ are mellow and do not care to get roudy. It just ruins the buzz. If MJ was legal there would be no need to smuggle it and no more gang wars over MJ profits. No more peopel getting arrested just because they blazed a joint or was buying a sack for themself.

This is partly unsupported assumptions, and as has been said, more reserch is needed.

I agree with everything except for the gangs. They seem so eager to kill one another over stupid BS. I can't expect then to wise up even if it was legal.

The problem there is not the MJ, but the gangs.

Blah some people will never learn.

Clint the gangs would not make any morney on MJ sales anymore because once it was legalized the price would fall through the floor. We would be able to buy 25 dollar OZs again.

No more need for smuggling so no money to be made to sneek it in. No more need to sell t on the low low. Just go lagit and everyone makes money.

Hey that makes sense

could go to the supermarket and buy it even i bet.

I would suspect eventualy because when it does get legalized, there will be a temporary boom in the market. Then everything will level off. That is my prediction.

Back