What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Sounds like some people be hatin'on the MJ... it ain't death, legal in Holland and in Amersterdam all the messed up people are tourists... the locals are pretty classy.
And in Switzerland it's pretty much legal if it's not already. Met a girl there cause she was smokin up on the train while the conductor was passin by..
Oh yeah an the Swiss have a well-deserved rep for being responsible, orderly and industrious folk. Don't believe all that crap about how it makes you a burnout, maybe if you smoke all day every day...
It's less than a problem to society than alcohol but I'm sure that's already been covered in this thread somewhere..
Just my $.02

Paranoid....yep thats me. I'll admit it, I'm afraid of pot. I'm not afraid to smoke it, I'm afraid to smoke it and then have after effects that'll make the rest of my life difficult, like loss of intelligence/dopeyness, etc, etc.

Nep Gracilis. That is all in your heard. You are only dopey and loss of intelligence only while your stoned. And frankly in some people it brings out their creativity. I have had some wicked ideas while stoned just thinking about things. Do you drink Nep G? Well I guess I really should ask how old are you first.

No one should even be thinking about toking up unless they are of legal drinking age. PERIOD. I am not trying to encourage juvenile smokers here. I am though trying to shed light on the other side of the coin for those who are responsible enough to do it. Granted it is not for everyone, and I can respect that. Just don't bash something you yourself have no clue about and all the info you have is biased. Myself and many other folks have first hand experience with MJ and her magical substance called THC.

I wish I could find the study again on line, but I came across a study that was done, and it stated that after the high wore off there was no residual side affect with memory loss and such. Those affect were only there when the individual was under the influence. The memory skills returned to normal on subsequent test.

MJ is natural and have been used for MANY years. Do you honestly think it was tobacco being smoked in the peace pipes? I don't, but maybe someone else can correct me. That is my opinion on that matter. I am not native American and have no evidence to support my hypothesis.

MJ is natural and have been used for MANY years. Do you honestly think it was tobacco being smoked in the peace pipes? I don't, but maybe someone else can correct me. That is my opinion on that matter. I am not native American and have no evidence to support my hypothesis.

Every time I hear someone use the "it's natural" defense I have to laugh. There's plenty of things that, though natural, are bad for you. Cocain, it's 100% natural, baby! Alcohol, that's natural, too. Oh, and what I would give for a nice shot of all-natural ammonia. Summation: natural =/= good.

The people who try to convince you that there's absolutely nothing wrong with marijuana use are often just as coocky as the people who think it's the devil.

Dustin, all side effects from MJ are temporary. You can get something called "Amotivational syndrome" and all that means is you turn lazy lol. When you quit and let it get our of your system, it goes away.

Lol, i've been hearing for years that i'm a cook :)

we are all coocky here, Est.

Especially the pink rabbit and the dancing fig :0o:

Not thats its anyones business, but I do drink and I'ma big fan of homebrew like wine and beer. Whats that have to do with pot?

"I wish I could find the study again on line, but I came across a study that was done, and it stated that after the high wore off there was no residual side affect with memory loss and such." Ummmm . . . so you can't remember where it was?

No Bruce I never looked at the link and it was years ago. I dare to you remember something like that. :poke: Especial since I did not book mark it and it was over 3 years ago.

Est pot is more natural than coke or beer. You have to extract the coke and make it a powder. You have to brew the beer and let yeast do its thing. Yeah they are natural, but you cannot go up to a plant and dry it and get beer or coke, With bud you just cure the flowers and smoke.

The reason I ask about beer and wine and things like that Nep G. Is because those things are far worse for you than pot is. Most Doctors will concure with that also. I also did not want to be telling a minor that it is OK for them to smoke pot. So if your a drinker then your old enough. Thats all nothing else intended.

So your telling me that having a can of Coors Light is waay worse for a person's body than smoking a joint?

Tell me then, what is the reason for the illegality of pot while something worse for you is legalized? I fail to see the reasoning in the US for this. If you can make money off of something POTENTIALLY harmless or less harmful to the body then why not market/use it?

Lol, I'm not.

I know, I'm bad.

For some reason when I think of drinking I think of getting wasted. It's hard for me to comprehend having just one coors lol. I guess because i'm so young.

No, I wouldn't say smoking a joint is better than having one coors. I'd say having 3 or 4 shots of vodka or tequila or whatever is worse than having a bowl or a joint.

Yeah, I'd have to say that it all depends on how much you use, as like how JLAP has just said. Ok, maybe 1 joint is worse than 1 beer, but eventually if you get over the edge on either it can get very dangerous. Also look at the side effects from the two. Pot - gets you high can cause lung cancer, brain and other body problems, and "makes you lazy". Alcohol - gets you drunk, effects your use of common sense, can cause people to act very different when intoxicated, bad for your liver, brain, and stomach, causes a lot more deaths than pot and also adds to a lot of pollution and excess trash due to the packaging.

I also have to say that when you do these things i guess that there are more appropriate times to 'experiment' and times when you shouldn't be doing it for many reasons (or at least to me).

And one of the things that also tends to make me mad is when people do do those expensive drugs or any drug at all to a certain extent on certain occasions. Such as if you are a parent, and have young or even my aged (15) kids.

Est pot is more natural than coke or beer. You have to extract the coke and make it a powder. You have to brew the beer and let yeast do its thing. Yeah they are natural, but you cannot go up to a plant and dry it and get beer or coke, With bud you just cure the flowers and smoke.

Sorry, with coke you need to mash it and THEN dry it to get the concentrations. Obviously this added, nefarious step makes it unatural and bad for you. And if we're just talking about curing, I'll go along: cigaretts. All you really need to do is cure the leaf.

Without arguing anything else, the point remains that just because it's found in nature, that doesn't make it natural to your body or good for you.

"I wish I could find the study again on line, but I came across a study that was done, and it stated that after the high wore off there was no residual side affect with memory loss and such." Ummmm . . . so you can't remember where it was?

:-))

The reason I ask about beer and wine and things like that Nep G. Is because those things are far worse for you than pot is. Most Doctors will concure with that also.

On what basis is it better? I'm genuinely curious. Beer is good for you because it contains iron, calories, nutrients, and is a good way to keep water. Wine is thought to have properties that help people maintain cholesterol levels. Marijuana has...? Let's face it, getting hooked on anything is bad times so the whole thing is sort of a moot point unless we're talking large quantities, in which case it's just a game of 'Choose Your Poison!'

And don't you dare tell me it's better than beer/alcohol because you wont get addicted to it- them's fightin' words. :p lol

Genuinely curious to see some hard research. With so much propaganda thrown around, there's a lot of misinformation.

The question with medicinal Marijuana is weather or not it does whatever it does better than modern drugs. I have heard that it does something, but the question is whether it does it better than modern drugs- if it doesn’t then why do we need it? I would like to see research on this too, because it is a cornerstone of the MJ legalization argument

There are many herbs with medicinal properties, and most of these have been superseded by modern drugs (for better of for worse)

Dave, I don't understand your third paragraph at all.

EST: it's actually a relatively complex process. I'm not going to post an interesting link I found because i thought it would in inappropriate lol. If you want I can Pm you. I totally agree that just because something is found in nature doesn't mean it's natural for our bodies.

Jesus Louisus

The reason we dont know much about Pot is cause it was band before any one had a chance to even consider looking at it!

If true that would make the need for study even more important, because we wouldnt know that much about it, making legalization premature. I however doubt that because there are extensive studies on the harmfull effects on other drugs.......

exactly OTHER drugs... if pot wasn't smoked, or use responsibly, which that in its self is hard to control, it wouldn't be "dangerous" but Alcohol is just as dangerous when used irresponsibly.

If alcohol, caffeine or cigarettes were invented now, they'd probably never be allowed on the market and people trying to sell them would be criminals. But that isn't justification for opening the door wider for other substances. Alcohol is behind more deaths, injuries and violence than all other drugs combined, but that genie is long out of the bottle and there's probably no putting it back. Even though we've been taught Prohibition was a failure and it certainly led to some photogenic gangland killings, I wonder if rape, domestic violence and drunk driving fatalities were down by even more. I'm sure people have looked into it and maybe I'll search for it tomorrow.

Back