User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cocaine, Meth and Chronic, oh my!

Hehe, now that I've got your attention, what do you guys think about the new trend of products featuring the names of drugs as a sales hook (Pun intended ) I just saw a new coffee on CNN called Meth Coffee, and that's why I'm posting.

Cocaine energy drink , Meth coffee, and those Pot-lollipops. Is this a harmless marketing ploy or is this marketing towards teens? Legal alternative or gateway foods giving kids the impression that drugs aren't as bad as everyone says? Or is this just like rum ice cream and the candy cigarettes people used to sell?

Personally, I don't see why some people are complaining. I consider a ban on these items a violation of free speach. I think it's just a good marketing ploy. I don't think these things will hurt teens at all. Anyone who really expects a legal alternative is in for a sad surprise i'm afraid Hey, even if kids abuse them and drink 2 or 3, what's worse? A caffeine/taurine/ginseng cocktail or crackalack? I think people who are complaining need to relax just a little.

What do you guys think? Anyone tried them?

It reminds me of a Dave Chapelle skit. "It's cocaine in a can, baby!"

As a little disclaimer, I do not suggest drug use. Don't do it. Don't break the law and stay in school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had them they are stupid, from experience The lollipops taste nothing like it.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when Surge was the latest fad because of all the caffeine. All these kids in Junior High running around cause Surge made you souped up! lol.

I think the names of these new products are lame and I would be ashamed if I was the marketing agent behind these products.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had another idea. Could this lead to real drug-infused products for adults?

There are drugs that are still totally legal to buy and use recreationally. Atleast in most states (all but 2 I believe) Could this lead to Salvia infused gum or mints for adults? Give you that pins and needles feeling for awhile. Could this lead to candy containing muscimol? Drinks containing synthetic phenethylamines such as the 2c series?

All of these would be for adults, naturally. Of course kids would get ahold of them. What do you guys think? An inevitability? A problem? What if instead of being in foods, they were dissolved in alcoholic drinks instead?

Hope I don't give anyone ideas and people don't start petitions lol. I'd seriously kick myself in the butt for posting any of this if that happened lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meth Coffee?! Coffee so good you drink it every day and scratch sores into your face..

I don't know about you but I'd never drink something called "Meth Coffee", regular coffee is bad enough.

The whole thing sounds sooo stupid..

Definately marketing this stuff to teens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, I DO drink coffee everyday lol. ATLEAST 2 16 ounze cups. Sometimes 3 and then I have a energy drink in the afternoon. Sometimes redbull, sometimes full throttle.

Lol, am I an addict? lol I guess i've just built up a tolerance. If it stunts your growth, and i'm 6 feet tall, wonder how tall i'd be if i'd never drank it? lol. I'm be like that chinese dude.

ok.. I don't really use coffee cups. Plastic cups hehe. Reminds me of that comic from Beyond the Pale that said "If you drink wine out of anything but a wine glass you just feel like a drunk..." LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's ridiculous. I remember when Opium perfume first hit the market and all the old fogeys were complaining. Turns out the old fogeys were right. But I'm not as bothered by naming things after drugs as much as I'm bothered by the fact that corporations do it as a merchandising ploy. Illicit drugs have some powerful image behind them and I hate seeing it wasted on mass-market consumer goods. The Velvet Underground song Heroin is great because it has all the depth a song by that name should have. A word like opium or meth is wasted on something as trivial as coffee or perfume.

It's kind of reminds me of hearing about Wall Street investment bankers with a Che Guevara poster on the wall. (full disclosure: I have one, but am not an investment banker). They'd be the first up against the wall if a latter day Che Guevara ever took control.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Ok, what was the controversy on Opium Perfume and why were they right? I'm too young lol.

And what's Che Guevara?

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast