Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Awkward.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here! I want to do that after ordering pizza, and maybe ask them to come inside and have a drink or something like that.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I gotta admit... I don't like being bothered like that. I like wasting time of those that call me at home too. If they keep going, I keep going. So it is not all my fault.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he he he I have yet to pull the ultimate waste of time with a telimarketer. I have finaly got most of them to stop calling. Just tell them the person is dead a few times and eventualy it gets cleared. I can never think of the funny stuff when I am put on the spot. It is always after the fact. Maybe that is why I am not a comedian.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I'm the same exact way: if they want to sell me shoes/foot wear = I lost my legs in a care accident, Lighting = I'm blind.

Otherwise I just start to talk to them about how my day was and what I'm planning to do tommorow if Kiran doean't stop talking all together.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last company I worked for was owned by Jehovah's witnesses. One day we were sent a helper to work with us for the day. We found out he was a witness. So I started asking him some questions since The only thing I really knew about them was they were against misuse of blood. I asked him why and he said because it was dirty and carried diseases. So I told him that if you were going to die with out a transfusion wouldn't it be worth the risk of catching a disease. 99% chance that you are going to die if you don't get the transfusion VS. a .01% chance of catching a disease like hepatitis or HIV. I'll take my chances with the disease. (I made those numbers up and I'm sure they are not accurate so flaming me with the correct numbers.)

He was defensive the whole time I was asking him questions. I guess that other peoples reaction to him has made him defensive.

A few weeks later we are sent 3 more helpers. All three are witnesses. One of them I became pretty good friends with. Edwin Moses( no lie, thats his real name). We called him Moses. I would always give him a stick and tell him to make me a serpent. I even almost caused his wife to divorce and/or kill him one time but that's another story.
    When I first worked with him I asked him the same questions about what they believed and about the blood issue. His answers at least made sense.
    Me and the other non Jehovah's would spend hours asking stupid questions. Like are mosquitoes going to hell because they suck blood. Some of the questions we asked I can't repeat on here. One of the funniest questions was one of the guys asked that if only 144,000 people are going to get into heaven, why do the go out and try to recruit more people.

While I was working there I met a lot of Jehovah's (they hate when you call 'em that by the way) and I'm still friends with some of them. Believe it or not they are normal people. In my opinion they just believe some screwed up things. I guess it's the same with all religions though.

One thing I learned from them, they are very genuine people, they don't say one thing and do another. For the most part the live by what they believe, and I respect that a lot.

If you want to freak out a Jehovah just offer them some tomato juice. And when you give it to them have a big crazy guilty smile on your face.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, what's the big deal with blood?

Good point about the 144,000 people in heaven. Very exclusive club lol. Of course this isn't a REAL number of people who get in.

I was thinking and it seems like if you had an eternity of existence, things would get boring eventually. Eventually everything would get done. You'd see , hear, say, and feel everything there is to feel. you'd know everyone and everything about them eventually. Only way to not have that happen is reincarnation or by god making you forget everything lmao!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The deal with blood, as seen by Jehovah's witnesses. In the bible God says that blood is sacred and all blood belongs to him. Blood should be disposed of by pouring in onto the ground.
    Other's blood is also dirty as it can carry diseases.

They believe that any use of blood is a sin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah and they are morons too. They want the open heart surgery, but they don't want any blood if they happen to need it. That makes really good sense to me. We crack their chests all the time to do open heart surgery and it is a really big deal when they are a "witness". You know the funny thing? They will take their own blood back via cell saver, but will not take autologous blood. Autologus meaning they donated it it previously so they could receive their own blood.

What the heck do I know though. I am just a agnostic sinner who likes sinful things, and in a confrontational mood today.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast