Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to do with my life?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God.... Our political climate is too polarized...

I always thought it would be AWESOME to be a biopharmacologist (hope I got that right lol) and travel the world looking for new plants and animals than can cure disease.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    You are basically at the mercy of what the company wants. So if you take the job because they are working on something you find really interesting there is always the possibility that they might decide later to cut the program and "re-sort" you to somewhere else doing something you don't want to do.
    Isn't that true for most every job? Unless you are the CEO. I say go that route since that seems to interest you, and if they try and push you a direction you don't want to go, make sure you have a "Go to Hell" bank fund to fall back on until you can find another job.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relax - you're looking for a job, not a lifelong commitment.

What's more important to you; where you are or what you're doing or how much you're making or something else? With that degree, you've given yourself more options than most of us will ever have and what looks right in your 20s might not be what looks right in your 40s.

At 45, I'm looking to start working on a MPH degree because I don't like the direction my environmental career has taken. It still looked like the right path 15 years ago, but I've spent the last 10 trying to go in a new direction. I've decided it's time for a new path.

A career is a journey, not a destination, so just pick a direction and go.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im glad you guys cant be (or at least act like ) this is so easy.

So what are you going to do with the rest of youre life, Oh i dont know ill figure it out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im glad you guys cant be (or at least act like ) this is so easy.

So what are you going to do with the rest of youre life, Oh i dont know ill figure it out...
    Isn't that true. I've spent many a time wondering about my future and thank 'Science' that I think that I have my job set up for the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh... yeah I'm actually learning some things from this thread. I've been uber worried about what I want to do as a career and I felt that if I picked the wrong thing I'd be screwed for life or just waste time trying to get it back on track after a career switch. I'd like to make the right choice.

Pyro, just try thinking of what will make you the most happy in the long run, that's what people have been telling me lately, but I know it's not THAT easy. It's hard telling what will make yah happy since you can't predict the future. That's really all the "advice" I have for you. I tried. :P

Good luck.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always wanted to be a Dr. ever since I was a kid, and now that i've ingrained that goal into myself I feel as if I don't become one i will have failed (at the very least, myself).

I would be ok with it if I can't handle the pressure and the death, but If I just can't get there I will have feel as if i would have failed. I could always be a vet I guess. Hey i'd still be a Dr. but I wouldn't have to deal with the pressure if telling people they are going to die and I wouldn't have to beat myself up over a person I couldn't save.

I dunno... I'm 17. I'll be going to college in about a year. I'm scared lol. I guess that's normal. I like stability and my whole life is going to be turned upside down.

I'm great at chemistry and biology... but my weak point is mathematics. I just passed my final exam with an 80. I dunno... I'm afraid my weak point will be my downfall. I've always been in honors classes for all of my primary courses except for math. I've always been in the "discovery" program for the top students and i dunno.... Maybe i'm worrying over nothing and I won't need to know complex algebra to diagnose and write scripts. I dunno...

One thing I never want to do is work in an ER or do surgery unless I have to. I dont think I can handle the pressure. I just want to be a "family" doctor if those even exist anymore. Just a GP.

Lol, this is like therapy lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoKiento View Post
    Heh... yeah I'm actually learning some things from this thread. I've been uber worried about what I want to do as a career and I felt that if I picked the wrong thing I'd be screwed for life or just waste time trying to get it back on track after a career switch. I'd like to make the right choice.
    I agree w/ Bruce. When you try to make "the most important decision in your life" or "the decision that is forever" - you'll almost never be able to make it. How the heck can you predict what will make you happy in 10, 20 or 30 years when alot of us struggle with what we're going to do next month?

I'm not recommending you approach the choice flippantly. Obviously you want to choose something that makes you want to get up in the morning and apply yourself enough to be successful. However, know in the back of your mind that you have the option to change your mind if it doesn't work out.

Whatever you do, give it all you've got.
    There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos.
    --- James Allen Hightower
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast