Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spring leaves and a open tussue-culture vial. and soooo much else
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes the petioles join the trap in the wrong place.

the trap that does have prey in it is also rolled around the prey and not compressed on it.
    It's attracting mosquitoes, the petioles are too long and the bases of the traps go down to a fine point.

.......am I right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wait the vile isnt even open, he cap's still on.

Add to list: Leaves coming out of plastic
    that makes no logic

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that the problem is the leaves are cut and stuck in some bud-vase type thing as if the flytraps are flowers.

Nothing like encouraging people to cut a few flytraps leaves to put in a vase because they'll look cute and catch flies.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all are way too hyper . It is just a stylized drawing to "enhance" the product. Go to the parent site and you will see this nice little description with it:

The Trap platform—reproducible protein sample preparation focused on the application for which the samples are being prepared.

Those little things it is catching are not mosquitoes, they are stylized representations of protiens, the alpha-helix being quite characteristic. It is not in a vase, it is in a sample tube. And the caps are rather uniquely designed so that you can pipette in and out without having to pop it open so there is no chance of spilling your sample (which is usually measured in microlitres. =0.000001 litres).

So in short there is nothing "wrong" with it since it is not meant to represent a VFT for the eyes of CPers. It is not a matter of "accuracy" to life. It is just meant to be cool looking for us dork scientists who want to think there is more going on with a reaction than electro-affinity binding to resin beads.

Funny, I have seen that thing numerous times since I work with Amersham products and I never figured anyone would be interested in it. Then Barry goes and posts on listserv and now Ozzy here. I should have done it months ago.
    Last edited by Pyro; 01-22-2007 at 10:32 AM.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    elector-affinity binding to resin beads?!

EUREKA!

Withdraws to the basement...

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    You all are way too hyper . It is just a stylized drawing to "enhance" the product. Go to the parent site and you will see this nice little description with it:

Those little things it is catching are not mosquitoes, they are stylized representations of protiens, the alpha-helix being quite characteristic. It is not in a vase, it is in a sample tube. And the caps are rather uniquely designed so that you can pipette in and out without having to pop it open so there is no chance of spilling your sample (which is usually measured in microlitres. =0.000001 litres).

So in short there is nothing "wrong" with it since it is not meant to represent a VFT for the eyes of CPers. It is not a matter of "accuracy" to life. It is just meant to be cool looking for us dork scientists who want to think there is more going on with a reaction than elector-affinity binding to resin beads.

Funny, I have seen that thing numerous times since I work with Amersham products and I never figured anyone would be interested in it. Then Barry goes and posts on listserv and now Ozzy here. I should have done it months ago.

I could barley understand eveything but the last paragraph.

And you should have posted it moths ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    wait the vile isnt even open, he cap's still on.

Add to list: Leaves coming out of plastic
    The vile's a little watering resevoir, you see them on Roses at like 7-11 and such...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast