Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Live Sphagnum Moss Propagation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have noticed that the mosser lee stuff is ugly... New Zealand is all soft and fluffy. I think I'm going to go out and buy some New Zealand moss and switch to that, just because.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen the NZ moss at the Lowe's around here. A few of the local orchid nurseries carries it but at 3-5x the price of a bag of Mosser Lee.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the mosser lee brand from Lowes and I have had some green sprouts from it, but it never really grew. I probably don't keep it damp enough
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a number. Look around where the orchid baskets are kept. The mosser lee stuff is for a soil addative the new zealand will be by the slat baskets and I think it is better grow brand. The company who says we know orchids because we grow orchids. It is the samebrand as the orchid bark lowes sells. Most all the lowes should stock the same things. It is there, but it is in a different spot than the mosser lee crap. I;m sorry, but that stuff is crap compaired to the new zealand stuff. I used to use the mosser lee because it was cheaper, but once I started getting the fluffy newzealnad stuff I will never go back. It looks so much better and doesn;t compact as fast. You will be amazed. The mosser lee stuff is also chilean shagnum and not new zealand sphag.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where the Mosser Lee stuff is at my local Lowe's with all the orchid/basket stuff (Spanish & Green Moss etc.), but I'll look again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mosser Lee stuff is from Wisconsin (or at least that's what it says on the back of the package.) Unless by Chilean you mean what TYPE it is?
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the bags I bought says it domestic stuff from Wisconsin. Has pretty good color too, nice faded greens, yellows, reds and orange. Looks almost live if I mist it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is just....brown... and ugly... and brown... the whole bottom layer of the bag is just dust, lol. I gotta not breathe that stuff in, it's evil.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast