Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another new toy. R/C helicopter - Video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Firefly doesn't have a tail rotor, so it's not as manueverable as the Mosquito. I love this company http://www.interactivetoy.com/
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh 70-100 isn't too bad. I was expecting the price to be higher. Maybe I actually will get one sometime... wait can they fly OUTSIDE too? It says indoor on the site.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love helicopters :-) The "biggest" one I have is a megatch housefly. It's actually strong enough to fly outside... The others I have you can't even have the AC on Ok flying though ;-)
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoKiento View Post
    Oh 70-100 isn't too bad. I was expecting the price to be higher. Maybe I actually will get one sometime... wait can they fly OUTSIDE too? It says indoor on the site.
    Indoor only. I close all the windows to make sure there's no draft. These things weigh almost nothing, a little bit of draft and it'll make the helicopter unstable. It would be fun to take it outside if you don't mind a severe crash. It might be worth it, just fly really high in case something goes wrong.

Oh and elgecko, avoid flying too close to the ceiling. If you don't already know why, trust me, don't do it. It'll be hilarious if you do though.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like fun. Nice landings (most of the time!) on the video. It would be fun to set up different landing pad areas throughout your house and fly it all over the place instead of just one room. How is it powered? An rechargable battery? How long does one charge go?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Awesome, I'm getting one of these when the price comes down a bit. I have the original Bladerunner, when it had a tail rotor. These things are so fun! How many minutes of fly time can you get on one charge? Have you seen the PicooZ? That looks like fun too, though only 2ch.
    With using the tail motor almost constantly, I get a good 6-7 minutes of flying time. I have some PiccoZ tail blades coming to see if it will help with a bit more forward speed. The pitch on them is more then the stock MM's.

I have seen a video of a PiccoZ zipping around a house. Being 2 channel they place weight in the nose that makes it always fly forward. It will not hover, but faster forward speed then the MM.

0zzy,
    Larry's correct about the Firefly. I imagine it only hovers.

ChronoKiento,
    As light as the MM is, any breeze would cause it to crash to the ground.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, I'm getting one of these when the price comes down a bit. I have the original Bladerunner, when it had a tail rotor. These things are so fun! How many minutes of fly time can you get on one charge? Have you seen the PicooZ? That looks like fun too, though only 2ch.
    Indoor only. I close all the windows to make sure there's no draft. These things weigh almost nothing, a little bit of draft and it'll make the helicopter unstable. It would be fun to take it outside if you don't mind a severe crash. It might be worth it, just fly really high in case something goes wrong.

Oh and elgecko, avoid flying too close to the ceiling. If you don't already know why, trust me, don't do it. It'll be hilarious if you do though.
    Or wall for that matter. They suck into it rather quickly.

Here's a thread with some mod's people have done to there MM.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515376

Most people complain about the constant yaw of the MM and that they can not trim it out. I do not use the trim at all, just a little right stick to keep it's heading.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, it doesn't look that light, just small really. That's kind of funny though.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast