What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Potter and the....

Crap, did I start another debate by posting this?

No there won't be any debate. I will close this with the following. The "magic" in the Bible is not magic but God's doing.

The "magic" you are talking about can be found here:

http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineSt...=witchcraft&section=0&version=niv&language=en

http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineSt...rcery&section=0&version=niv&new=1&oq=sourcery

http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineSt...=magic&section=0&version=niv&new=1&oq=sorcery

If the "hate" comment was meant for me, then I have to say that I hates very few people. I don't like closed minded people, but I don't hate them. And you have to admit that there are quite a few closed minded Christians. Almost any group has closed minded people. And I'm not calling you closed minded either. You seem very open to discussions. You state your side, and then go on your way. I respect that.
What I said was a joke. It was a joke on the closed minded Christians that tell people how evil Harry potter is without ever reading a book or seeing the movie.

Hey I'll be up your way Feb 20th, that offer still stands for lunch.

Outsiders, same here. Lol, lots of Christians love the HP books and don't give a hoot about what other people do. Then some Christians think the books are evil for simply having magic in them. I wasn't making fun of anyone but the second group.

We all know the bible says magic is bad, but please remember that if you're not a Christian then you don't have to follow those rules. You can be a good person and believe in "magic" if you want, no matter how dumb it is( to me ,but may be very real to the next person and power to them!)

And you can say something about it being god's laws and you'll go to hell or something like that, and it's totally cool that you think that-no problems here, but what does it really matter? I mean... no disrespect intended, but so what? If someone wants to believe in magic spells and sorcery and all that, they aren't hurting me or you are they? They are a small minority.

Outsiders, we may disagree on... everything, and sure you ruffle my feathers but I do believe that you are a good person and you do/say/vote for what you think it the best. All you can do is do what you want and what you think you should, and as long as you're happy with your religion and you decide to live for your God then that's coolio. Believe it or not, I don't hate you lol. Nor do I dislike you. I just dislike your ideology but I won't try to change it if you don't try to change mine. We both want everyone to be happy, but we have different ideas on how people should be happy. You want people to follow God and live "righteously" and I want people to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't directly harm another. I put the word righteously into quotes, not to intend disrespect, but to instead put emphases on how our ideas of that differ. You may think one thing about my lifestyle. You may think that it is one of sin and hedonism and excess, but that's fine with me. I've learned through much persecution by so-called Christians to not care what others think, and to just be. If I make another joke and it bothers or offends you, Pm me and we can talk and if you are still offended then I'll gladly remove it. Would you like be to remove it now? Just say the word.

Whew. Lol. I must be in a particularly good mood today. Maybe because Obama and Hilary have decided to run in '08? JUST pushing your buttons lol

I like that metaphor "ruffle my feathers"..... I have no clue why though...

Aaaanyways, the next person that mentions a religion gets a pumpkin in the face. As far as I'm concerned, Harry Potter has absolutely nothing to do with any religion of any kind and everyone is welcome to their own beliefs.

So umm...... Who else doesn't think that 'SB' isn't dead either?

And remember kids... Pumpkin + Face = Ow/Ew

Lol, you know when a bird gets mad it's feathers puff up lol.

SB? If you mean the D man... I think he is.

I personally like the HP movies and will go see the other ones that come to film. Haven't read any of the novels though. I assume if the movies are as good as they are then the novels must be even better.

No no... SB. Not the D man.

And I don't think we're doing a good effort at keeping any secrets here. xD

You have a knack for posting stuff theat gets :offtopic: quickly. I ain't figured out how you do it ??? . You just have the nack for it.

No no... SB. Not the D man.

And I don't think we're doing a good effort at keeping any secrets here. xD
T'aint no secrets, just opinions. I don't think he's dead either. I think he's layin' low so the attention gets focused on Harry while he does his planning behind the scenes.

Yes I have many unwanted skills that currently I cannot control. :(

Anywho.................... *checks the topic* RIGHT Harry Potter. Umm yeah I agree with you about SB. He's too cool to croak. Plus it gives Harry another reason why he should NOT DIE in this last book. Since.. y'know it's TOTALLY in his power. >_>

Back