What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enjoy the warm weather!

One of our local TV Meteorologist said that we are in for lotsa lake effect on Thursday, followed by an Arctic blast that will be even colder than what we had last Thursday & Friday, followed by warmer temps by the second week of February - pretty much what you said.

Then ther's George Carlin's forecast: Tonight.... dark!

I would hope TWC is atleast partly accurate as that’s what the entire channel does, and that’s how they survive

I would hope TWC is atleast partly accurate as that’s what the entire channel does, and that’s how they survive

Their short range forecasts are very good, but long range is not that great.

Looks like the blast is coming on schedule. Currently -9F with a forecast low of -21F in International Falls, MN. They could have low temperatures near -35F over the next few days. Wind chills could approach -45F!

For Chicago, they could have one or two days with highs below zero all day and lows around -10F.

For Atlanta, Tuesday could have highs struggling to reach 35F with lows around 15F.

For Pittsburgh, highs should be around 6-10F on Monday and Tuesday with lows between -2 and -8F.

Looks like Florida should remain close to normal as the cold air won't make it that far south. With windy conditions expected with this front, I would protect my cp from the freezing wind as this is the most common cause of death in the winter for me.

friggin cold here............................

Back