Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heh... 90's

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The show with the "Stone face" was Legend of the Hidden Temple. The one with the gack and slime and all that hoo-haw was Family Double Dare. Some other great ones were Wild and Crazy Kids, Guts (look kids, it's the AGROCRAG!!WOOH!,) Pete & Pete.

I'm an '80s baby and it shows. I have no idea about some of the more new-fangled stuff. Power Rangers? pppft, whatever.

I do however still have my pogs. I think I have an Alf slammer (you know, the big plastic/metal ones.) :laugh: I can post pics!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do it est... its like 80's-90's memorial seeing as how its almost been annother decade! (i think thats the right word)

man... its weird.... some of you guys are like 4-5 decades old too... scary

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even 2 decades old yet lol

I collected pokemon cards and beanie babies because I thought they were a real investment lol

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I collected pokemon cards and beanie babies because I thought they were a real investment lol
    Me too. I managed to land one of the Princess Diana beanie babies because they were worth so much. I was like, "wow, I'm gonna be rich!" Unfortunatley, the rare Princess Di bears were made out of some other material and had some special letter code on their tag rendering mine worth maybe 15 bucks... Scammed by fads again!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

I love this thread! Heck, I’m still a 90’s kid.
    I remember watching “All That” and “Are You Afraid of the Dark?” on Nick. I loved “Lori Beth Thimburg(spelling?) With Vital Information for your Everyday Life” and also her role as the librarian that tried to keep everyone quiet at all times on “All That”.
    I too collected pogs… I remember I had an awesome silver slammer that had skull and crossbones on it. In addition to pogs, I recall collecting X-Men cards.
    I also remember buying stink bombs from the ice cream man and playing hide-and-go-seek and “throw the bottle” every afternoon with the kids on my block. I also used to check out the “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” books from my school’s library.

Oh the memories! I wish I could go back and relive that decade!
    -Joel from Southern California

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my entire life i've only seen one icecream man lol.

Looks like someone likes rocko's modern life. My mom thought the themesong said "rocko's butterfly" lol

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Anyone remember Aqua or the Spice Girls? Man I used to think they were sooooo cool lol
    The Spice Girls reminds me of my first girlfriend in Junior High. She was one of those insane socialites that has to be friends with everyone and we last about two weeks, which at the time, was her longest running relationship since transferring to my school at the beginning of the school year. She also always wore this star on her face all the time... Man, she could have been the one that got away! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    secrets of the hidden temple or something like that?
    Legends of the Hidden Temple was so awesome, as was Guts! When I was a kid I would've killed to go on those two shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Presto View Post
    how about trapper keepers and slap bracelets?
    I won a slap bracelet from winning a limbo contest at the roller rink when I was in grade school. Actually I tied with my best friend, and we both are not very flexible or limber so I don't exactly know how we won...

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall much of the 90's for some reason

But MY generation had the REAL Star Wars, the REAL Transformers, the APEX of GI Joe and a LOT of really good Giant Robot (mecha if you prefer) cartoons from Japan

And He-Man...

But I suppose Speed Racer was on tv all the time in the 90's so it couldn't have been ALL bad
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast