What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, there.

I dont know if many of you from years gone by will remember me. I am sure a few do. I would hope. But members come and go and there are a lot of unfamiliar usernames here in the forum.

I joined when I was 11.. Well, I was a lurker. I didnt actually register until I was I think 12. First cp was a Nepenthes Spectabilis. It was the nep to have back in the day.. Second I grew was a drosophyllum. I remember begging for seeds on the trading post. Haha. I think Bonnie Dodds sent me some, from Alaska.. She still around here?

I dont think Ill talk about my past. I was a crazy kid. Addicted to artificial sweeteners :D

Lets see.. little update on me.. I still do CPs, not a lot, only a dozen or two down from some 300+ individual plants I had.. Well if you counted pygmies probably more like 500 haha. But they are small and easy to propagate. I probably had 1000 capensis.. But I dont count those a CP. Just a weed :D

I volunteer at the Monterey Bay Aquarium now. Which is fun. My dart frog collection passed when they got a pretty bad parasite infection. Which sucked. Maybe someday Ill start back up on those..

Right now my life IS lifting weights, running, swimming, and nutrition. I swim on the varsity team at a local HS. Call that medocre if you want, but whatever. Its what I like to do. Hope none of my old embarassing pictures of me are floating around here :blush: Anyone else work out?

1348863790_m.jpg

BAM! haha. Cant rant on about working out without a muscle pic right

I like to listen to Metal
1412872555_m.jpg

And sometimes I can be emo.. But thats why my friends love me! haha
1515596008_m.jpg

My hair is getting long. Too long for andy. But I aint cutting it any time soon :p Actually I might do it just to get my swimming times down.. Ah well!
m_0c9e35a71a442018c628667bd5199a8d.jpg

Allright. Allright.. So I posted that last picture just to annoy you andy. I know you dont like my long hair hahaha!

Training to join the Navy. I thought of being a scout sniper in the marines, since I know a few.. And also do HALO-HAHO. But I have a better chance for advancement in the Navy. I want to go SEALS, but at the same time I want to be an officer and be in the Med Corps.. Or maybe a SEALS officer. Hmm... Decisions, Decisions.. SEALS and S|Ss are pulling me in half trying to get me to do what they do. Any military people on here?

Right now I attend a local college. Books are rediculously expensive :| I think I just threw out $500+ on college books. Absolute waste. Well education isnt a waste. But its mighty expensive. But Ill get at least half back when the semester is over.. Hopefully.

I have a very tight schedule, so its hard to find time to get online anymore. But I hope to stay active. Id like to get a collection going again. Not so big that a plant just becomes a number.. But a few dozen individuals I can enjoy without many hours of matinence.

Yup. So yeah! Thats me.

Should be at BACPS selling raffle tickets in a few weeks. Look for me!

I might need a ride, though. Forbes goes by here on 101. Maybe I could hitch a ride up there? Take the bus back down.. Who knows. That would be chill.

So yea! Thanks Andy. Nice to be back on here!

John

I could care less if you have long hair actually. BUT, I was raised that you can't get anywhere looking like *that* :p I understand your reasons though. If they are real... ;-) haha later.

*rubs eyes*

*rubs eyes*

Humm i distinctly remember several mods saying not too long ago that you had used up that last of your... chances to be allowed back. Not sure what prompted the change, and it doesn’t really matter. I was not aware that you had that big of issues when you were younger between the mods and was shocked at your banning. I don’t know the full story so I do not judge. It’s a clean slate. Welcome back.

I dont know if many of you from years gone by will remember me.

Hey welcome to the forums. I don't think I remember you but welcome back anyway. I'll see if I can find some of those old pics of you.

I like the color of your name, it fits with your long hair.

Hey welcome to the forums. I don't think I remember you but welcome back anyway. I'll see if I can find some of those old pics of you.

I like the color of your name, it fits with your long hair.

:|

Same good ol ozzy. Haha..

Thanks for rounding my post count to 5 andy.. heh..eh *falls over

Woo hoo! Welcome back Spec! I think quite a bit has changed here since you were "banished" in... 2005 I think? Well Andy seems to think it's okay that you're here and he's head honcho now so it's alllll good!

Welcome back old friend...

I was waiting for this to happen! WHOOOOOT!

:-O

Im trying to work out but we talked about that... lol

Ok I am new here, well came here last year so not new anymore, but came after you were gone I guess. Welcome back to the forum.

So who are you and what did you do to get banned? A nosey mind wants to know. :banana2: :poke:

hey a swimmer! I swam on my local Y team from elementary school through high school (my school didn't have a team unfortunately). Then when I got to college you actually had to be *good* to be on the team...so I haven't swam much since. What's your stroke? I did butterfly and IM a lot...

Amazing what a few years will do for the maturity! Welcome back. Keep it up on the physical fitness. Easier to maintain as you get older than it is to have to get BACK into shape once you've lost it.

Welcome back, John.

Right now I attend a local college. Books are rediculously expensive :| I think I just threw out $500+ on college books. Absolute waste. Well education isnt a waste. But its mighty expensive. But Ill get at least half back when the semester is over.. Hopefully.
I wouldn't count on it. Publishers are coming out with new books every year rendering your edition useless to bookstores... You might be able to get a few bucks, maybe even 1/4 your money, but I wouldn't bank on half!

So who are you and what did you do to get banned? A nosey mind wants to know. :banana2: :poke:
Yes! Noobs to the forum must know!

xvart.

Like spec said when he joined he was 11. He was pretty much banned because of the lack of judgement that a person of that age has. If anymore about it is revealed it'll be up to Andy and Spec.

I must say again I really like the color of your name.

I'm not too sure we really need to talk about why he was removed from this community. But basically it was overall immaturity. I've continued to talk to him on AIM after we booted him. And it was my own idea to let him back for another "chance" since he has had those before, and some mods feel he doesn't need anymore. He is not here with full permissions. In fact, he barely has ANY rights. I even have to approve his posts before you guys can see them. (Part of that is me picking on him :-)) :-)) ) Really though, lets forget the past of this guy, and see what he can give to this community in the future. :) It's amazing what a few years can do! And you're welcome for the rounding out of the post count :jester:
Andrew

Agreed, the past is the past. Lets leave it.

Lol, remember the pill?

Woah uhhh... Lol when I first saw this I thought I was in a lucid dream or something lol.

Welcome! To be honest, you look like a completely different person! I remember a fat little redneck kid (no offense!) Wow lol, you've come a long way. Dude even your face looks different. How many years has it been?

COLLEGE? Wow you're just full of surprises! I didn't think that many years had passed! THE MILITARY! *passes out*

Wow lol, I used to think you were crazy but I guess you grew up ( and really I always thought you were 16 lol)

Ok dude, In a show of good faith , PM me and I'll set you up with some of my spare plants. Lately I've been giving a lot away so I'll set you up with some easy stuff.

Like spec said when he joined he was 11. He was pretty much banned because of the lack of judgement that a person of that age has. If anymore about it is revealed it'll be up to Andy and Spec.
Yep. Let it go so he can have a fresh start guys.

Spec, glad to see you back. I remember you from back then and you contributed some pretty good stuff. If you really plan to go Navy, you best cut your hair now so you have plenty of time to get used to your head feeling every little breeze. :poke: :-))

Welcome back! Looking at your hair is like a blast from the past - my past, when teens in the 70's had long hair. My 17 year old son has hair as long as yours and I'm lovin' it!

Well since there are a lot of members here that have never even heard of this guy. Let me give you a quick history.

Like I said he joined when he was 11. He was a nice young boy, then it turned into a tornado of chaos. Here is is whole history in one paragraph.

Hello, my name is John, I'm 25 years old from Ca. WOW I'm a mod. I'm going to make posts and delete them so I'll have the highest post count. Why am I not a mod. Too many mods? But I was moving, all my plants died. I gotta call Nick Hubbell so he can call the police because Ozzy is beating his wife with a 1/2 in. conduit bender. Dog skulls in capensis. Dead gummie bears. Ozzy fainted and wet himself. 25ft long tape worms. OMG my phone has caught a virus. I've got a stalker. Banned but I'm just 2 posts away from having 5000.

Good to have you back

I would like to remind people that past behavior does not necessarily dictate future behavior – this guy has gotten another chance to do it right, and we will accommodate

Back