Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess who just called me?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, no seriously. Nothing illegal for me once I go to medschool. It's not worth it.

I can have plenty of fun with drugs that are perfectly legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think you'd be offended or I wouldn't have written it. Homeschooling is a good option if someone can't go to a public school and, if that's what has enabled you to get your life in order, then nothing more needs to be said. It's worth it and absolutely the right thing to do.

It's a shame that your local school system sucks so badly. I don't know if that's a symptom of metropolitan Atlanta or exburban America or what. At least poverty-stricken inner city schools have an excuse. They're hanging on in places whose economies and cultures have been gutted and they work with many of the most disadvantaged kids. But to see real social pathologies, head an hour north or east of Atlanta into the land of sprawling McMansions. They're trying to live what Margaret Thatcher preached to Reagan - that there's no such thing as society; only individuals and families. I spent 1 1/2 years in Atlanta during 1979-1981 and have believed ever since that the region combines all the worst of the north and south. And probably east and west and up and down and everything in between. A friend who's from there says it gets worse every year.

OK, that went off on a tanget, so I'll return to the homeschool thang. When I lived in Maine in the 80s, I heard some of the people who had "gone back to the land" in the 70s were turning to homeschooling because they didn't want their highly evolved children in schools full of coarse local kids. Those other kids played violent games and didn't want anything more than operate a backhoe like dad and their parents hadn't been to college and so on. They sure couldn't have their pristine children absorb any of that and, being as perfect as they were, they could do a much better job of teaching than their local schools. I've never gotten over the elitist BS and paranoia of their message and tend to view all homeschooling through the same lens.

As I said, it looks like the right thing for you, but take that superior education talk with a grain of salt. It's probably much better than I think, but nowhere near as good as you think. But it's certainly good enough and just work hard at it. The big gap in college is between those who work and those who don't. Being smart and prepared are good things, but plenty of smart and prepared lazy people go down in flames while the plodders work their way through.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, that's right!

What that Mrs. Johnson? you want some botox injections in your face? Sure I'll do it!
    *fills seringe with testosterone, and injects Mrs. Johnson's face*
    there we go! Come back in a month and let's see how you're doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... Lol, going back to the land and taking kids out of public school to instill christian values are BS in my opinion lol. I don't believe in that elitism either and I also believe if you shelter kids forever you sent them up for social failure. I guess my circumstances were different. And my life was never out of order lol. I was the model student in honors classes and had high A's in almost everything lol. My parents made me leave.

So anyways uh... thanks for everyone's concern? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no concern, I've just been using your life as a distraction during a day I've spent looking for references for a term paper I'm planning out. Homeschooling is probably just like grad school and every other kind of school when it comes to the use of distractions.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh.. ok?

well... good luck on the paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehehehe....

Somone from AA just called my mother and told her they were contacting Emory to see what courses I should optimally take, since that's where I'd like to go for medschool.

Lol.... hehehe I'm happy.

If it's good enough for Emory then it's good enough for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Somone from AA just called my mother and told her they were contacting Emory to see what courses I should optimally take, since that's where I'd like to go for medschool.
    Oh, oh, oh Ablaze Academy. I forgot the place's name for a sec... I was like "Alcoholics anonymous contacted you why?"
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast