Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess who just called me?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess who just called me?

The president of AblazeAcademy just called me. The reason it took me so long to finish Algebra II was because their Algebra II is actually what they teach as Algebra III in public school. Ok, that's great. Alg. II was split into 2 parts. Part one was really Algebra II and part II was really Algebra III

I have about 23-24 credits so far and I need 26 to get my HS diploma. She said I could graduate in a couple of weeks if I wanted to, but she also gave me a second option. I can keep going to HS and graduate at the same time as the public school kids I left behind, and keep doing AA work. She said that by the time the public school kids graduate HS, I can have about 38 credits. Sweet.

She's said It would be a waste of time to finish Spanish, and since I want to go into the medical field, she's giving me Latin instead (sweet! I already use Latin here!) and I'm going to take Chem II (then Physics) Anthropology/sociology, psychology. Man I'm so happy lol. After I finish Geo. I take Trig and then Calc. I and II. I'm scared lol

She said that instead of other people being in charge of my files and curriculum, that she would do it personally. THE PRESIDENT! Wow, I'm so honored man!

She said that I'm doing fantastically and that I could graduate a year early If I wanted to, but I opted to finish at the same time as everyone else (in public school) and get like 38 credits. Guys, I'm SO happy! By the way, Her son is 16, graduated HS at age 14 and is the VP of AblazeAcademy.

Dudes... speechless lol. I knew I was doing well but I had no idea I was doing THAT well. I REALLY wish I had started homeschooling a looooooong time ago.

I never thought I'd say this, but getting wasted and telling my parents I used meth was the best thing that's ever happened to me. If not for that, i'd still be in public school doing Honors classes (she also said that all of the classes they offer are AP..ALL of them and that public school courses are considered remedial by them)

Right now I have to take a couple of courses that I never took because they weren't assigned to me in public school. These courses are like 7th and 8th grade courses at AblazeAcademy. Wow lol.

Wow lol. I'm so happy! Guess ole' druggie Clint is showing the statistics a thing or two

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right now I have to take a couple of courses that I never took because they weren't assigned to me in public school. These courses are like 7th and 8th grade courses at AblazeAcademy. Wow lol.

Wow lol. I'm so happy! Guess ole' druggie Clint is showing the statistics a thing or two
    Yeah, your short term memory ROCKS! (see bolded portion of quote) Just pokin'.

If you can stomach the math, calc is pretty interesting. If nothing else, it should give you a somewhat different way to look at things. Calc is pretty interesting. (Yes, pun intended .)
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Math is my weak point. I passed algebra III (at the time I thought it was II) with an 81.1 and I had to work by butt off for that but I'm afraid it's still not good enough to me a doctor. I'm scared to death of trig and the calcs.

Lol, sorry i'm just SO happy. I auctually thought I was behind a little bit. I had no idea I was about a year ahead.

What is calc for? Isn't it like for building bridges and stuff?

And What's Omega math. The final boss of math? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, you should be very proud of yourself
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am and thank you.

She said she didn't want to see anything lower than a 96 from me. Holy crap lol. I'll try my best but that's all I can promise.

Did I mention the number 4 chess player in the country goes to the same school as me? She couldn't say who but all she said was she was number 4 and is overseas playing right now. I just looked it up and I found this, although it might not be her. They can't tell me for privacy reasons and I didn't care that much lol. http://www.villagevoice.com/news/020...x,31203,3.html

Lol, She said I'm in a circle of only about 50 kids that she personally oversees and I feel so honored guys. I don't want it to come off like I'm bragging but I'm just SO happy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad for ya, its good you got you're stuff in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you can take AP courses so you can get some college credits later. You might be able to graduate college quicker (and cheaper).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh, Right now with the full load of work they've given me i'm just going to focus on all of that.

I was thinking that with so many credits when entering college they might give me some kind of scholarship

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast