Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Road of death...pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since they are in Bolivia, Trapper, who cares if they drink and drive. If they come here with those habits, it will be a rude suprise. Besides, that road is great population control for the country. Idiots DO NOT survive. And like anywhere else, take the occasional innocent one with them.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • Hahaha, good point!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Wow!
    Lots of nice cargo trucks waiting to slip right on down! Imagine how it is at night!!!! Lauderdale, do you know if the road is mainly used for transporting goods(cargo trucks) or is it used by everyday travelers or commuters as well?
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting a few of the photos Ozzy...now about that Sunday afternoon drive.

joosa, The road connects La Paz, the capital with the interior of the country. I know that it goes to Cochabamba and beyond. It is a general purpose highway, trucks, autos, maybe a few tourists but everday commuting as we know it is probably out of the question...at least it would be for me.

There is a guy in La Paz who offers BICYCLE tours down the road. Now that would be really interesting, or suicidal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugweed you have a point, but heaven forbid anything like that gets put up over here. You would have law suits out the wazoo over the road.

And to the person who said we are spoiled over here in America, you are absolutely correct. In our high and mightiness we forget how it is in other places.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ozzy/PAK I'll put the top down on the Tbird and we can take a nice Sunday afternoon drive.
    Haha! In a word.... No! lol The tunnel-y road through the rock looks ok but not that road with the sheer drop! I'd be scared to death. I wouldn't mind going to Bolivia though. They have great minerals including spectacular vivianite!

I can't imagine those trucks having to drive that. Geeezzz.

Now...a drive down a nice pretty country road in the T-bird sounds great! Followed by dinner by Chef Jan.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey PAK,

What about the bicycle tour? It is all down hill, not much pedaling. Drink a wee bit of that Pisco and we could be at the bottom in no time.

They have very good food down there. I know of a little place in La Paz that has strolling Mariachis, serves a really great marinated strip steak (grass fed, lean and tasty), spicy black beans/rice, fried plantains and has tres leche (three milk) cake with fresh homemade coffe ice cream for desert.

The last time I ate there, the price for four of us was $18.00 US...including a bottle of superb red wine. I left a $3 tip and the waiter wanted to give me his first-born daughter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and i thought the Going To The Sun Highway at Glacier was bad..................that things just insane.............................
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast