Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban-Crazy

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom owes the government 500K in taxes on inheritance. That includes what my cousin basically stole after he contested the will and said my grandmother was crazy.

BS!

Death taxes or whatever this is are stupid. I don't see why my mom owes the government crap! AND she has to pay the taxes on the money my cousin got (STOLE!)! Why doesn't HE have to pay taxes on that? BS!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Estate taxes are a good way to raise money to operate the federal government. A small % of the population owns enough to owe estate taxes, but they have enormous financial and political clout and have snowed a lot of people into thinking that taxing large estates and capital gains and so on is somehow less fair than taxing people who actually work for a living. If an estate owes $500,000 in estate taxes, it's a lot larger than anyone in my family has ever accumulated. And, if the cousin stole from the estate, that's what lawyers are for. A contested large estate is probably the only thing that can turn into a bigger slugfest than a venomous divorce.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $500,000? Your family must be quite wealthy. People with more money pay more taxes- its only fair
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did have a lawyer ( a sucky one) and somehow he froze my mothers status as administrator and we couldn't sell all of the delta stock before it plummeted. More wasted money right there. My mother almost lost our house and she decided to concede and give him what he wanted. He said my grandmother wasn't of sound mind and her will was screwed because the woman who witnessed it pled the 5th. We thought she had an iron-clad will and apparently that woman screwed up.

Our family was once poorer than dirt and then my great great grandparents or whomever sunk everything that had into an iron manufacturing business/welding business that lasted for like 3 generations and here comes the government and my cousin and they take a big portion of it away. It's BS.

My mother is going after another lawsuit where my aunt(s estate now that she's dead) embezzeld about 50- 100K from my grandmother and then Travis (by POS worthless... anyway he's my cousin) inherited it(the stolen money)

You know my cousin thought a canoe trip was moor important than visiting my dying grandmother yet he wanted 600K AND GOT IT!!! BS!

I don't think estate taxes should exist is my point. So here is how it is. My grandparents paid taxes on it when they inherited it, and then when my grandmother died now my mother has to pay taxes on money that's ALREADY been taxed? BS! I don't see why we owe the government crap!

FINCH: Yes but i'm not supposed to even be talking about it. My point is that ALL estate taxes are BS. Why does my (or any family) have to pay big brother the money that our past generations earned and accumulated? And i'm not bragging or anything, i don't even like to talk about it because i don't want to be judged, but I'm talking about it to illustrate a point.

And where does that money even go? I bet part of it goes to the BS war that we don't even believe in. What has the government ever done to help us out? I've never heard of the government GIVING away 500K, just taking it. Why should we pay for programs we think are stupid or corrupt? It's OUR money.

Last night my mother was talking about prenupts and me inheriting it and needing lawyers and accountants and stockbrokers to advise me when she dies and sorry if i'm complaining too much, i'm just on edge. For christ's sake i'm 17 and she's only 50! I don't need this crap right now! I don't need to think about her death and her not wanting to give my dad jack squat (she says in case he remarries or dies that she wants the money to stay in her bloodline, and that's just me , save for my crackhead brother who'll get a meager amount of money in a trust because she's afraid he'll squander our families wealth)

Uh, sorry if i'm being a you know what... this is just a lot of stress and they expect me not to talk about it? ugh christ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your grandparents paid taxes on it when they inherited it, why shouldnt you? The money changed hands
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because why pay taxes on the same thing twice? That just seems stupid to me.

Look at it from my mothers perspective. Why would she NOT feel raped by GIVING the government half a million? AND she's paying taxes on the money my cousin got. Why doesn't he pay them? It's BS.

All I can do is hope very bad things happen to him.

Oh, and he inherited the house we sold to my aunt for rock-bottom price because she had cancer and was running out of cash (we didn't know she screwed over my grandmother at the time).

You know my mother was going to leave my cousin a sizeable sum in her will ? WAS, not after he pulled this crap. And he's stuck up, too. He says our family is of a "higher caliber". That's ****** stupid. He's the only one of us that feels that way.

If stealing money that you don't deserve makes you "higher caliber" I'll happily be rich white trash is all I can say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because why pay taxes on the same thing twice? That just seems stupid to me
    The taxes my grandparents paid on things have no bearing on what i have. Your grandparents paid for it- not your mother. Your mother only pays once. Your FAMILY pays twice, yes, but as individuals you pay once. There is a difference.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our family shouldn't have paid any estate taxes, no matter who had it at the time.

Ok, I don't want to argue. We'll have to agree to disagree on this matter. No hard feelings, naturally (except for my ******* cousin!)

And I hope that no one who has read this thinks i'm bragging or anything. I'm not, I didn't even want to mention it publicly but I felt that it was a great was to illustrate a point and vent my rage.

Clint, the rich white trash

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast