Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban-Crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think in this case he was not considered to be up to the age in which he was most mature in his decision making capabilities. If he was 18 or over, you know, fine his choice, but i dont know if kids that age really know whats best for them sometimes
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh 16, well I guess that's fine.

In that case I'm glad we won his case

Finch: He's 16, he's old enough to understand life and death and western vs. eastern medicine, and it's his life, I'm glad he won his case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but it is a scientific fact that the decision making portion of the brain in not fully mature untill later in life. He can know all he wants.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch, it's HIS life. Sure, OK I can agree with you on that, but it's HIS life and not yours and not the doctors or mine or anyone elses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what i said. Please re-read my post
    If he was 18 or over, you know, fine his choice
    to that i did not doubt that - i was doubting his maturity in his decision making
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I see what you were saying.

Lol, we'll just have to yet again agree to disagree lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess so.
    Im not thinking that because of his age it was a slam-dunk in this regard- he could live to 44 and still feel the same way for all i know. Im just worried because i know i made many bad choices i regret at that age that i would not have done several years later- cept' this could be a mistake that costs him his life, and there could be no going back. That is my concern in this case.
    that makes no logic

The Yarn Nerd aka VFT Gal krochetnkat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is sort of where I am going. It is a personal choice that should be made on knowledge.

In this specific case... sure, if it were me I would have to be a little more trusting of the doctors. HOWEVER, it should be a personal decision whether to accept treatments (and a family should not be charged with neglect because they are standing beside their children's decisions...). I actually agree with the outcome, where they will be monitoring the results and he will go for medical treatment if the natural approach fails.

I will say that I am 100% behind alternative medicine and have seen it work WONDERS on both myself and others when REAL medicine either failed or made things worse. Personally, I avoid doctors at all cost because that is how I was raised... I have been on antibiotics maybe 5 times my entire life (4 when I Was a child), and the rest of the time my mom frowned on it. Do I get sick? All the freaking time hahaha If someone sneezes in Katmandu (I am in Virginia) I get their cold, but imagine how much worse it would be if I HAD been raised in a home where antibiotics were given for a common cold.Cancer is another breed of dog tho, one I personally wouldn't want to mess with, but one should have the right to make that decision.
    The Yarn Nerd