What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ban-Crazy

You'll never win a war with that attitude, JLAP.

If I remember correctly from a post a while back, Lauderdale helped train military forces in Latin America. Maybe those right wing leaders and their American handlers thought they had won their wars, but that region is making a hard left turn and repudiating the policies of those days. So I think they declared victory before everything had played out and they actually lost their wars. The same can be said about World War I. It certainly didn't end with the Armistice in 1918 but instead ended either at the end of World War II or both of them ended with the collapse of the Soviet bloc. Or maybe they're still playing out. The flying bullets and exploding bombs are only a part of a war and, given what we're seeing in Iraq, maybe not the most important part.

I think both sides need to stop looking for peace at the end of a gun barrel and start dealing with each other as human beings.

Absolutely! Violence will not resolve this conflict, only perpetuate it.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk to you or JLAP, it's impossible to see my gestures by typed messages, I'm a pretty laid-back chill dude:cool: haha

huh? Oh no lol It never crossed my mind.

As for your knowledge of the situtation I still stand by the fact that if your only reading American newspapers your not getting an good unbiased view of the situtation. If you know of an American newspaper that covers the Middle East well please let me know what one it is.

Actually, I'm alot more informed than you take me for but I'm not going to explain myself. I do work in NYC and used to live there and it is a melting pot here.

Looks like we just have different leanings in this case.

Back