Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban-Crazy

The Yarn Nerd aka VFT Gal krochetnkat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    No not at all! He's great! I'd vote for him in a second! Unfortunately, he's not running so Hilary it is!

Kat, why not get america used to the idea of having a female president? Why should men keep the presidency to themselves? I think we are more than ready, and of course either of us could be correct based on our perspectives of society and our social environments.
    There is no problem getting America used to a female president. But one would have to raise their eyebrows to the competition being the ones doing the introduction. It would be like Pepsi being a major sponsor at a Coke convention.

Al Sharpton is for Gay Marriage?
    The Yarn Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I say let people think whatever, but Al Sharpton? He's nothing but the neighborhood loudmouth.
    He's still the inflammitory race-baiter he always was, even though he dropped the fat-guy in a jumpsuit and the blocking traffic image of his younger self. He's still the same jerk he always was.
    Tawana Brawley anyone? Even though that was along time ago, has he changed? No, he's just more cautious.
    No experience, no ideas, just someone who stirs up emotions and rides the wave of public outcry.

The Yarn Nerd aka VFT Gal krochetnkat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quogue View Post
    Normally I say let people think whatever, but Al Sharpton? He's nothing but the neighborhood loudmouth.
    Regardless of what he said... I think he is joking. I hope.
    The Yarn Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think America is ready for a female president (It works for Germany), i dont know whether they are ready for Hillary Clinton. I hear liberals say "she's too liberal" and "she's too conservative" in the same discussion. The mear mention of her sends some conservatives into a rage. Can someone so divisive truly win? It would be a small miracle. Im leaning towards her too, but I have doubts on her chances.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drops head, puts hands over the face and says to self. They just don't get it. As long as they support "the machine" that is all they get-----"The Machine". No humanity, but a Parties ideals that are for the party, not the people. I will no longer post to this as no one has learned a damn thing.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of Al Sharpton, but we'd be in much better shape if he had been president instead of Bush the past six years. That said, Al Sharpton is better than the caricature he allowed his image to become.

As for all the woman presidents on TV, a conspiracy theorist could see that as encouraging Democratic voters to vote for Hillary Clinton in the 2008 primaries. Along with all the Newt Gingrich, etc. comments about how formidable a candidate she'd be against the Republicans. She's probably the only major Democratic candidate who could lose even if Bush ran again promising 4 more years of the same. Worse still, she's a groupie of raw power, whether military, political, or financial. She's shares that Stalinist streak with the Neocons.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with ya Bugweed. Politicians are becoming the new ruling class. Look at the Kennedy's & Bushes.
    We voting for politicians who are raised in politician families to be politicians.
    The closest things to what you're talkin about are Jesse Ventura (when he was gov) Ah-nold & Bloomberg(I hate). Regan was as well. That's what I can think of off the top of my head. People who weren't born and bred politicians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We heard you buggy, but what do you expect us to do? Not vote? That’s not the way to stick it to the system. The two party system is very flawed, but it offers me the only current chance to get at least some of my values represented by people in power. Im no libertarian and not extreme enough to be in the green party, so what does the leave me, i ask you? Who?

Its like that one song

"how stupid could I be
    a simpleton could see
    that you're no good for me
    but you're the only one I see"
    that makes no logic