What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ban-Crazy

Lol, republicans have screwed up so much, all democrats have to say is "we aren't republicans" lmao

I wish obama and clinton would unite. I'm leaning for clinton, though.

I still say Oprah for president!

Lol, republicans have screwed up so much, all democrats have to say is "we aren't republicans" lmao

I wish obama and clinton would unite. I'm leaning for clinton, though.

I still say Oprah for president!

There are actually a couple good Dems this time around. Of course... I am fond of Kucinich. Clinton, undecided but definately not first choice, and honestly... I don't know enough about Obama to make an educated decision (Like I said... don't do TV hahaha). I know what I have heard is promising tho.

Kucinich is a very good man. I have met him several times and while I am generally very distrusting of people, he seems very down to earth and has a good head on his shoulders. Seems to care about more than himself. He tried running his campaign on word of mouth last time and it obviously didn't do well so I hope this time he can get some proper coverage on the news.

Out of all of them... Obama is DEFINATELY the better speaker tho.

Lol, did you see Kucinich give that weird poem? Lol!

Al sharpton would make a GREAT president!

I'm going to vote for the first time next year and honestly, my top priority is voting for a candidate who supports gay marriage. I won't vote for someone who I think will lose, however, no matter how liberal they may be. Besides, we had a great country during the Clinton administration and i'm hoping that maybe Hilary will take us back.

GROAN!!! Still for the rich? USE YOUR HEAD!!!!

Lol, did you see Kucinich give that weird poem? Lol!

Al sharpton would make a GREAT president!

I'm going to vote for the first time next year and honestly, my top priority is voting for a candidate who supports gay marriage. I won't vote for someone who I think will lose, however, no matter how liberal they may be. Besides, we had a great country during the Clinton administration and i'm hoping that maybe Hilary will take us back.

I hate to say it, but I am not certain that the country is READY for a woman president. No matter how sexist it may sound (and I am female). To make matters worse, it seems odd to me that now there are several television shows having been aired with female presidents and the fact that there is a theory that this was to prepare the country for a female president worries me... why? It is being aired on conservative owned television channels :confused:

Now It may sound absolutely and completely paranoid, but I don't see how it would be to their benefit to even get America USED to the idea of a woman president.???

GROAN!!! Still for the rich? USE YOUR HEAD!!!!

Do you mean me or him or both?

I don't know if I would consider Kucinich for the rich tho.

No not at all! He's great! I'd vote for him in a second! Unfortunately, he's not running so Hilary it is!

Lol, as for being for the rich, I believe everyone who runs is wealthy lol. Senators and congressmen get paid pretty well :)

Kat, why not get america used to the idea of having a female president? Why should men keep the presidency to themselves? I think we are more than ready, and of course either of us could be correct based on our perspectives of society and our social environments.

No not at all! He's great! I'd vote for him in a second! Unfortunately, he's not running so Hilary it is!

Kat, why not get america used to the idea of having a female president? Why should men keep the presidency to themselves? I think we are more than ready, and of course either of us could be correct based on our perspectives of society and our social environments.

There is no problem getting America used to a female president. But one would have to raise their eyebrows to the competition being the ones doing the introduction. It would be like Pepsi being a major sponsor at a Coke convention.

Al Sharpton is for Gay Marriage?

Normally I say let people think whatever, but Al Sharpton? He's nothing but the neighborhood loudmouth.
He's still the inflammitory race-baiter he always was, even though he dropped the fat-guy in a jumpsuit and the blocking traffic image of his younger self. He's still the same jerk he always was.
Tawana Brawley anyone? Even though that was along time ago, has he changed? No, he's just more cautious.
No experience, no ideas, just someone who stirs up emotions and rides the wave of public outcry.

Normally I say let people think whatever, but Al Sharpton? He's nothing but the neighborhood loudmouth.

Regardless of what he said... I think he is joking. :crazy: I hope.

I think America is ready for a female president (It works for Germany), i dont know whether they are ready for Hillary Clinton. I hear liberals say "she's too liberal" and "she's too conservative" in the same discussion. The mear mention of her sends some conservatives into a rage. Can someone so divisive truly win? It would be a small miracle. Im leaning towards her too, but I have doubts on her chances.

Drops head, puts hands over the face and says to self. They just don't get it. As long as they support "the machine" that is all they get-----"The Machine". No humanity, but a Parties ideals that are for the party, not the people. I will no longer post to this as no one has learned a damn thing.

I'm not a fan of Al Sharpton, but we'd be in much better shape if he had been president instead of Bush the past six years. That said, Al Sharpton is better than the caricature he allowed his image to become.

As for all the woman presidents on TV, a conspiracy theorist could see that as encouraging Democratic voters to vote for Hillary Clinton in the 2008 primaries. Along with all the Newt Gingrich, etc. comments about how formidable a candidate she'd be against the Republicans. She's probably the only major Democratic candidate who could lose even if Bush ran again promising 4 more years of the same. Worse still, she's a groupie of raw power, whether military, political, or financial. She's shares that Stalinist streak with the Neocons.

I'm with ya Bugweed. Politicians are becoming the new ruling class. Look at the Kennedy's & Bushes.
We voting for politicians who are raised in politician families to be politicians.
The closest things to what you're talkin about are Jesse Ventura (when he was gov) Ah-nold & Bloomberg(I hate). Regan was as well. That's what I can think of off the top of my head. People who weren't born and bred politicians.

We heard you buggy, but what do you expect us to do? Not vote? That’s not the way to stick it to the system. The two party system is very flawed, but it offers me the only current chance to get at least some of my values represented by people in power. Im no libertarian and not extreme enough to be in the green party, so what does the leave me, i ask you? Who?

Its like that one song

"how stupid could I be
a simpleton could see
that you're no good for me
but you're the only one I see"

Most of the good politicians have been murdered, the others are usually shut out of the two party game. Ron Paul had to run as a Republican to get in and when he was in switched to his constitutional 3rd party beliefs. They hate Ron Paul, left and right.

Yes kat, he's for gay marriage 100% :) I don't think hilary is liberal enough.

I think we need a one world government. It would be SO much better if we would all unite and stop killing each other and we could have one currency like Paypal lol.

We can have a president of Earth lol.

In case anyone really wants to make it right:

Independentvoting.org See what is happening, grassroots!

Ehh, they won't win. No offense but most aren't aren't household names. Household names win.

Back