Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban-Crazy

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schloaty View Post
    Back when I was in highschool (or slightly later?), this lady & her cronies tried to ban D&D & Magic: The Gathering from the school district because they're "satanic."
    D&D and M:TG made me the man I am today!

It would be nice if everyone was required to use florescent lights because then it would be easier to grow CPs in any room in the house!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First my comment about total anarchy was to present an extreme. I dont think human beings will ever reach a point where they respect each other, so we either need to deal with a complete lack of control and total anarchy. Truely every human for themselves. The other option is soceity. As long as you have society certain liberties will be lost due to regulation. Its the price of living in a group. Either social pressure or gov't laws will force you to do something. The whole idea behind punishing a whole group such as a class or unit for the misbehavior of a few is to create a mini soceity in effect that will regulate itself so the authority doesnt have too. Do I truely support coplete and total anarchy, no, humans dont do well with out a few people in support. Also to support this we would have to destroy all idea of property and agriculture and go back to foraging for food as crops need protection so your neighbor doesnt just walk in and take them after you have grown them. Our current life style dictates we must live in a soceity and so we must work to control this soceity not let the society control us
    Some people will always seek power and control, and it inevitable some will gain support, so an anarchical society is temporary at best, at is not a climax social state but a pioneer one. The pioneers are unable to compete with organized society when someone else decides they want something that your people have. Without organization, there is no defense against land-hungry neighbors. Thus a stable anarchical society is impossible, and cannot be the solution

Social organization is in us. We as humans inevitably group ourselves and the people around us as “us or them” If your US your favored over THEM. This is called ingrop-outgroup bias (google it), and is human nature. Given this, Anarchy in its purest form simply cannot exist. Psudo-anarchies can exist but they are inherently weak against anything that is more organized than a highschool football team
    that makes no logic

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice if everyone was required to use florescent lights because then it would be easier to grow CPs in any room in the house!
    Hey xvart, now that I think of it you do have a good point there. If only florescent lights were allowed then imagine how inexepensive terreriums would be. Also, isn't florescent light supposed to be like healthy for you or something.
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know we had that many MTG players here. I just sold my collection last year for 1600 bucks. I had the three power blues and almost a complete set of arabian nights. I was missing 5 or 6 cards for it. I had other power cards like Baserk and Underworld dreams. All original.

And for the banning thing. Yall can have the arguement. I am done. I will jsut say "I told you so" in the future.

Lets face it, we are going to deplete all out energy and the world will go into crisis and we'll all die. Who cares! Lets live life now, screw it!
    Also lets face it this is NEVER going to happen. We will find a way to get energy one way or the other. Nuke power is already an option. They will have others by the time we really get low on other fuels. The fact that we can addapt is going to ensure we survive through just about anything.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trashcan View Post
    I agree, although in the end I suppose this is my "opinion" and it shouldn't be forced on anyone else. Although I'd imagine it's a little less debated than something like a seatbelt, it's easy to take too far. I'm sure for every person that argues that it's unsafe to ride without a helmet, there is someone else that argues it's simply unsafe to ride (period). Everyone manages their own level of risk, and if it's not harming anyone, then they should be able to do as they wish.
    Again.. Anything that has to do with seat belt laws or helmet laws is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Driving is a privilege NOT a right. Helmets are simply standard equipment for a motorcycle to be legal on the road.. just like turn signals, headlights, tail lights ect ect. You dont hear people complain cause the law makes them have a headlight.. even though it has a secondary purpose of keeping you safer than not having one. When you sign your application to get a drivers liscence you agree to follow ALL the laws of the vehicle code, current and future, weather you like them or not. Again.. if people don't like it.. there is always the bus.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not true though. You don't have to wear a helmet where I live. It's your opinion that it should be, not the law in all 50 states.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You missed my point. Helmet and seat belt laws are not a violation of civil liberties or a removal of personal freedom. When it comes to driving, you have no rights at all. You follow the law, period. If you don't, you get a ticket (or worse).
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So any restriction on driving would be justified in your opinion? Seem silly to me.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast