Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban-Crazy

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :shrug: You agree to it when you sign that application. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. There's a bus stop right on the corner.. lol
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regulating personal safety is a mistake, IMHO. That's the only point I was trying to make. Current law makes no difference on my opinion.

I hate to use the "slippery slope argument" because it's a terrible logical fallacy. But if you can justify a helmet law, you can justify requiring a one piece leather suit, too. It WOULD make motorcyclists safer. Banning riding/driving at night would decrease the number of accidents. And banning motorcycles altogether would certainly reduce road fatalities. Just seems like a lost cause to me. America, freedom to be dumb! I should be able to manage my own risks.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats why things like seat belt and helmet laws are put to popular vote before they become law. You get to voice your opinion in the ballot box just like everyone else.

Personally I wouldn't be in favor of a requirement to wear a leather suit even though I own one. However, if it did get put to vote and was voted in I would wear it and not complain. It would have saved me a lot of pain had I been wearing it the 2 times I took a spill.

The first time I went down on a freeway at 80 MPH... I had a leather jacket on but just blue jeans for pants... I missed a whole month of work due to the injuries I sustained on my legs and knees in that crash.

The other time wasn't so bad but I had a pretty fair sized patch of road rash on my shoulder and arm that made me pretty miserable for a couple weeks.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't ya breakin the speed limit there. Abusing your "privilege"
    I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, I just don't feel that a gov't that is supposed to serve the people grants "privileges". That's for like king's and queens and dictators and the like to do...

And kthulu, I do think society will be able to cooperate without laws someday, we're still young in our development, dinosaurs were around for how long? Maybe some day people will be responsible and civilized enough to not have to be told what to do, they will do the right thing on their own. I have faith in humanity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, for those of you who do not seem to like the idea of holding manufacturers accountable for keeping their operations/products reasonably efficient and environmentally sound: Do you feel that all regulations on air and water pollution enforced on companies should be lifted (to allow manufacturers to decide for themselves what is safe/comfortable for the rest of the occupants of our country and world)? Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust a corporation to "do the right thing".

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vft guy in SJ View Post
    There's a bus stop right on the corner.. lol
    Or at least there should be... I would love to use more public transportation.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should stop worrying about light bulbs and start worrying about alternative fuels, the huge deficit thanks to old bushyboy, the wars on abstract ideas, the political corruption, equal rights, school shootings, religious zealots (Islamic or anything else), and why Glenn Beck sucks so bad.

Call me crazy... just some ideas. Really if we are this worries over light bulbs we have bigger problems than... well than light bulbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a pretty good sized thread for a light bulb controversy--

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast