User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of you have a career/degree in…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I graduated with a BS in biology, but for all 4 years of college I worked in various environmental science labs and offices. I've done everything from water quality testing to catching dragonflies to media outreach.

right now I work in a molecular biology lab. there's still a lot I need to learn, and the pay is awful, but it's really fascinating work. I'm extremely lucky to have found a science job with just a bachelor's...the more education you have, the better off you'll be. definitely plan on getting at least a master's.

I'd say don't worry too much about what specific work you want to do, yet. Focus on the background knowledge you're getting now. have you chosen a major? If you can't decide on a single subject, consider taking more than one, either as a double major or as a major and minor. Having a broad range of knowledge will almost definitely serve you better when you go to apply for jobs or grad schools...why limit yourself?
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish i could give advice, but im still several semesters away from a biology with an emphasis in botany/ horticulture degree...
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much help on this one But I do know you could always look into doing research and being a professor in a field you enjoy. The pay may not be that absolute best but you get to do something new everyday and have a reliable pay check. There is usally a good amount of teaching postions open at the universities (in michigan at least).But this is only a good idea if you think you'll enjoy teaching.

Thats what I'm trying to do at least =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12