Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sleep paralysis

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auctually I had SP once by accident and then I researched what happened to me. I was terrified lol. It was like a K-hole.

That's what got me started into AP

This afternoon I had a false awakening.. and I was lucid and was thinking and stuff, but I thought I was awake and just laying in bed. Lol, I came so close!

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never really had a false awakening before...hey have you ever killed yourself in a dream. it's hilarious because everyone else in the dream thinks your crazy and then you just jump off a cliff and when you wake up your like, boy did I show them.
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.... When I can stay lucid I try to.. you know look for meaning in my life lol. Explore... Talk to people and ask questions like "Who are you" etc.

I kind of thing killing yourself is a waste of time. Auctually maybe the reason you did it in your dream is something that can mean something in real life. Maybe you want to "show someone" in real life.

Just a though

Once I had a false awakening.. then another false awakening inside my false awakening.. and then I woke up for real lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, no, I'm not depressed or anything. I've only done that a couple of times, back when I was younger. I did it because I was curious and didn't know what to do since it was only my second lucid dream. The majority of my current LD's take place around my neighboorhood, usually at night. I usually fly around a little, walk inside a few houses and then I wake up. It get's really annoying because I barely have anytime to exoplore or talk to people. the dream just gets fuzzier and fuzzier. I've tried dream spinning and concentration on objects but that either interferes with my dream exploring or it doesn't work. If you have any tips I'd be willing to listen, because I really want to move past this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just gotta keep being aware of what around you is unusual and remember it's just a dream

If you wake up and are paralyzed, picture an image as vividly as you can and you should be kind of sucked into it. Lol, I can't really describe it lol It's just like a swirling vortex and everything goes fuzzy and then boom you're there. staying calm and not screwing it up is the hard part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what happens is that I get too anxious and I have made the staying asleep part into too much of a battle with myself. What you said really makes sense. Next time i'm in a lucid dream I'll try saying to myself "it's just a dream, calm down, it's okay" I really belive now that the best way to stay lucid is to stay somewhat passive. This whole time I've been trying to fight waking up which probably just makes it worse. It's kind of like how when you breath slowly and stay positive you can accomplish things much easier. Allright thanks for the insight. I'll post how my next LD goes.

-peace

-Gabe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well for me I screw it up because I get excited at the aspect of it happening lol.

LD's are fun but AP's are harder and waaay better. It feels ike you are laying on train tracks when the train comes or like there's an earthquake, then you feel yourself sitting up (as if something was pulling you effortlessly) and then once you are floating above your physical body you gotta roll over and try to get away from yourself before you are sucked back in. Then you can really do anything lol. It's great because in the physical world 5 minutes might go by and it feels like you've been out for hours and hours.

Oh yeah, focusing on your breath screws me up, too lol. If you have a LD or an AP or whatever you shouldn't breath or blink at all. It's just... existing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With me I just get all bent out of shape with the thought that I might wake up. I don't really get excited about them(well I'm asleep at least), I just get nervous. I have never really tried to "play it cool" in a dream so I think it might make a difference.
    My mom gave me a tape called "astral sounds" about three years ago. When I listen to it I kind of feel like waves are going through my body and my head gets fuzzy. I'll see if I can find it and listen to it in bed tonight.

What is the visual transition like in an AP? Do things slowly become clear or does it happen suddenly?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast