Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need some help.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got married in a nice tank top and jeans. at the time, i thought i was extremely broke- so no reception/party/big ceremony (turns out they shorted me $750 on my last check so i've got that back now) anyway, the license was $30 and ceremony thing was $60. no classes or anything- it took about 2 minutes.

girl, don't go dressed like a dork. wear something that's a bit nicer than sweats but still you. yes, you have to shower though. i always thought it would be fun to dress in costumes but i didn't have the time or money for that. our wedding day was so screwed up that my husband went to work afterwards and didn't get done til 8pm.

i wanna see some pics, too. how come not that many people have the balls to post pics of their ugly (or maybe not so ugly) mugs? oh, and congrats!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a friend who did something similar. He went to the courthouse with his fiance and they got married because of Visa's and international stuff. Anyways, they only told a couple people and then they got a picture taken. They eventually had a real wedding ceremony and their families still didn't know. What was even funnier was that the picture they had on the outside of the wedding program/agenda was the picture they had taken right after they got married six months prior. Good luck!

xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 02-02-2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: typo correction
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had the traditional type wedding in a church as the wife wanted but she planned it all out in a very short time and cost less than our plane tickets to her sisters wedding..............course she was two weeks into planning it before she asked me if i wanted to get married..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when I got married, my wife decided to save loads of money by doing a lot of things on our own - like making our own flowers and bouquets. She also told me that she would do everything and I wouldn't have to do a thing. Anyways, when all of our wholesale flowers arrived they were still just buds, and the stems were three feet long.... She totally lost it... So guess who ended up clipping all the flowers and making all the bouquets and getting pollen all over his shirt and and and and...

However, we planned our own wedding ceremony and it took about a whole twelve minutes. Who really enjoys weddings anyway? Everyone just wants to get boozed up at the reception anyway. My wife was Catholic, so we have sat through plenty of insanely long Catholic wedding ceremonies.

Short and sweet. It's the only way to fly.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so we have sat through plenty of insanely long Catholic wedding ceremonies

AMEN..............dont plan on going to another of those.................ours was pretty short, the pastor told a joke, wife and her friends did most of the flower/cake/decorating stuff, worked out well............
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like those stories, thanks! Jeff doesn't want the BIG wedding ceremony either, I kinda do, not big but at least my parents should be there! I told my wicked mother-in-law (oh no, I'm gonna be related to her now!) yesterday and she just invited herself, I didn't think she would do that, it's just the courthouse not like a real church with 100 people, but even if it was that, Jeff would tell her he doesn't want her there. Anyways, now she thinks she's coming and Jeff told me yesterday NO WAY! (he really doens't like her). I said then that' he'll have to tell her cause I'm not. Jeff said we'll do the courthouse thing alone but then come home and we can all have a nice dinner or something.

I like that idea about making your own bouques and such, my mom did that for her wedding.
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife cut some sweet pea and chicory flowers from the tangle beyond our apartment parking lot and they actually looked pretty good. Well, they certainly looked a lot better than a big florist bill.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I get married, If i'm ever allowed, there's gonna be techno music and servers in skimpy outfits and absinthe with champagne and strobe lights!

Instead of being in a church I want it to be outside or in an old warehouse... and I want an iguana to walk down the aisle eating the flower petals (Which will be orchids and not roses!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast