What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For $10, you can travel to the year 2507!

The new theory with time travel is that time exists in different planes, which coexist but have no effect on each other, so you could technically go back in time and kill yourself without repurcussions. Also, human time travel is certainly possible, but no where close to being realized. Time travel has already been proven on the quantum level

Oh and about the heavenly body thing...an asteroid is supposed to hit the earth in 2050-something. Theres an article about it in this months popular science

Oh sweet jesus Quantum physics is absolutely fascinating! It's very hard to wrap your brain around though. M theory, string theory, 11 dimensions... wow lol.

I'm still trying to comprehend a tesseract and I'm about ready to give up lol Never mind dimensions 5-11, I'm still perplexed by time! And I can't comprehend a particle with no mass , a photon. It's just.. Can't comprehend it. And when it is absorbed, where does it go? And if there is a black hole shouldn't there be a white hole or is my notion of zen and balance fundamentally flawed? lol. And what is dark matter and how can it exist and be so abundant if we can't see it?

You know when I learned that atoms never really touch and if you could make all of the atoms/subatomic partcles in the earth touch it would fill up a teaspoon, I almost crapped my pants and for the rest of the day I was in a trance of disbelief.

Lol, I'm sure a B in math doesn't help too much LMAO

Oh thanks!

Phission have you got a link to something that talks about time travel being proven in quantum physics?? that is fascinating. Over my head, but fascinating none the less.

haha i agree with Finch but i'm lazy and that was the first thing i found.

JB:
My physics prof was talking about it last friday, so i'll ask him about a source when I have class with him again (wednesday) and post it

haha i agree with Finch but i'm lazy and that was the first thing i found.

JB:
My physics prof was talking about it last friday, so i'll ask him about a source when I have class with him again (wednesday) and post it

Ok. I know I am like a year too late for this conversation hahaha but I have to know if the discussion was ongoing elsewhere or if Phission was able to ask the professor for his sources.

After reading this I am totally in love with this group. :hail:

Yeah... we are an.. eclectic bunch to say the least :)

Quantum physics.. time travel.. I think the history of the Canaanites is around here, too.

Oh and something called Ormus that a guy cured his rotting toenail with....

Lol, my mom knits :)

Yeah... we are an.. eclectic bunch to say the least :)

Quantum physics.. time travel.. I think the history of the Canaanites is around here, too.

Oh and something called Ormus that a guy cured his rotting toenail with....

Lol, my mom knits :)

Yaaaay. Welcome home now has new meaning.

Oh, and while I was sitting around watching my plants last night, I started crocheting a little cartoony Venus Fly Trap (It looks NOTHING like the real thing... hahhaha sorta Little Shop of Horrors I suppose), but I should be done with it tonight :p I will post a pic. hahahha ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, when I put this one on my crochet website... I will put real VFT and CP information. This is my little way of spreading the knowledge and educating people who wouldn't normally look it up :)

My mom knitted a hedgehog doll lol. I should post pics of it next to my real hedgehog lol.

I know time is assumed to be a simple linear progression, but I wonder if it varies in its speed as it travels. And if it did, would we notice it? Im not talking about those days in that everyone agrees it is going too slowly, if time slowed or even stopped for periods, we would be completely unaware as we are directly tied to it.

Lol, you don't like the raver? lol

Finch, I'm not sure time travels does it? I think it's just there. I do know that the nearer you approach the speed of light the slower time goes around you/appears to go from others perspective with you as a reference point.

Finch, I'm not sure time travels does it? I think it's just there. I do know that the nearer you approach the speed of light the slower time goes around you/appears to go from others perspective with you as a reference point.

If you fall into a black hole your relative time speeds up so if for some bizzare reason one person fell into a black hole while the other was just outside the event horizon it would appear to the second person that the black hole victim would appear to age very quickly (assuming that he/she doesn't get crushed by tidal gravital forces). I would recommend reading Gateway by Frederick Pohl.

Lol, you don't like the raver? lol

Oh the raver is just fine; but that hedgehog was a very nice illustration. Did you draw it?

xvart.

what i learned in physics was that you can travel forward in time by going near the speed of light.
going the actual speed of light requires infinate power or energy, so you can't.
if you go near light speed than time slows for you as the world ages more quickly.
you wouldn't notice because time is relative.
I learned this in highschool back in 1996 so please correct me if I am wrong.
going back in time is actualy MUCH harder, involving wormholes among other theories.
peace,
Zero

Oh no I found it online lol. I can't draw, not even a straight line lmao.

Wormholes are fun because if they work then that means the universe is a giant donut.

i myself am hoping for 11 dimensions

You guys Make my brain hurt

OK, so i take it then that "black Holes" take in matter and just stretch it out along the edge? Well i guess I'm utterly confused.

I like the idea of the Whole Time stopping thing. It would make since. And if time did stop would they be able to jump over these gaps? Assuming Time Travel was Possible?

I probably wont be posting on this thread again!

Back