What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID this animal

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I was on a barrier island on the coast of NC/SC. I found this skeleton. Where I found it is within 500 feet of the state boarder.

I was just wondering if somebody can ID it.

188236505O917343730.jpg

188236576O022363244.jpg

188236578O483625518.jpg

I know the pics are not the best, but I thought somebody maybe able to ID it.

At a guess: DEAD

Unfortunately it is dead. I did all I could do to save if but I think I was just to late. I even tried to give it mouth to mouth but I couldn't find it's lips.

Do chickens have lips?

Do worms have toes?

Chupacabra. Definitely.

LMAO this is great!

From the femur it's definitely a jackalope. Some hunter must have kill't it for the antlers. I'm surprised there haven't been reports of jackalope attacks in the area. They tend to form angry swarms like ants when you off one of 'em.

It's a rabbit!

Well now I'm POSITIVE it's a jack rabbit

We don't have Jack rabbits here.

Well no cause hunters obviously keep killing them and leaving their dead bodies. Mean hunters!

It looks like the skull is too badly deteriorated to make an easy ID without more detailed photos. I don't see the lower jaw anywhere which would help too.

Batboy.

Ohhhh batboy, I like that, but you're wrong, sorry. I totally know what it is now! It's that big bird that Mark took a pic of a couple months ago, a pteradactyll right? :bigthumpup:

Chicken my butt, that's a pteradactyll I tell you! :glare:

Trapper, you wouldn't know a pterosaur from a blackbird. That is a chicken. Species: Kentuckius friedus. var. crispy. Better get your facts straight before ya go poppin' off! GAWD! I hate bein' sooo smart. (lol)

Sorry you all but I think I can sort this one out. It is unmistakeably the Thunder Chicken. Rare but tastey game if you can bring one down let alone get a photo of a live one.

Back